Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jeniferjupiter

topical antibiotics

So; I've been on retin a and clindamycin for six weeks now, and am seeing results. Finally.

But I read somewhere in here that topical antibiotics lose their effectiveness after two to four weeks? Is that true???

Cause if so, I'm just going to stop using the clindamycin, its too greasy feeling.

anyone know the answer to this?

So; I've been on retin a and clindamycin for six weeks now, and am seeing results. Finally.

But I read somewhere in here that topical antibiotics lose their effectiveness after two to four weeks? Is that true???

Cause if so, I'm just going to stop using the clindamycin, its too greasy feeling.

anyone know the answer to this?

Not in two- four weeks... :naughty:

It'll probably only work for a few months. The bacteria can easily develop resistance to it. I didn't even think they prescribed topical clindamycin for acne anymore. They usually combine it with BP to help delay the resistance, and the BP is pretty effective by itself anyway.... Topicals like benzaclin and duac contain both BP and clindamycin....if you can tolerate the BP I'd ask your derm for one of them if your worried about the resistance issue...

do you think if I just squeezed a glop of BP into my bottle of clindamycin and shook it up it would basically just be the same?

or, do you think if I'm already done with purging, I don't really need the clindamycin? like I said, its greasy and combined with moisturiser and foundation its just too much shit on my face.