Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hi im Lvig

ACCUTANE LOG-- I'M IN MONTH 5!! (i love this stuff!)

hey guys, i'm fairly new here. well here's the deal. I'm 18, a senior in high school & had acne since i was 11 years old. it was REALLY bad a few years ago...but for the past 3-4 years i have kept it under control with over-the-counter products. i don't that break out that often...but when i do, i get a red-mark that will last for months/years. yes i'm a girl & make-up can cover it, (for the most part) but i'm sick of it. i'm sick of putting on tons of make-up to feel comfortable with myself. i've tried alot things from my derm and it helps, but it just comes back.

so i went to a new dermotoglist & she said since i didnt respond to anything, she'll try accutane on me. i just really hope this works. i would like to go to college looking clear.

week 1: its been eight days, i noticed my skin is alot softer and smoother, which is good, but is it the acctuane? i moisturize now, maybe that did it? my skin has been a little flaky & my lips are dry...but i'm happy about that. it means my body is responding to the acctuane.

i guess i'll update weekly...or whenever i see a change! bye!

i think i am going through the "initial breakout." i have a HUGE cyst on my right cheek :cry: i rarely get cysts too.. i also have 6 or 7 zits scattered on my face. is it too early for the initial breakout? i'm almost into week two...i hope this breakout doesnt last too long

Day 18: I am still going through the inital breakout and i hate it !!!! but i know i just have to be patient. the pimples i am getting are drying up fast, but not shrinking it size...its kind of annoying cause its dead, it just wont go away!!!

can anyone tell me PLEASE how long their inital breakout took? ...give me some hope! thanks!!

will update soon!

hey im on tane too.....

wats ur dosage...

im on 20mg/day

im on day 12 today.......i have been gettin like 2 or 3 pimples but they dry up pretty soon...they are quite small but they ve all got pus in em'....my derm has asked me to use fucidin on such spots....

wats ur acne like??

hey im on tane too.....

wats ur dosage...

im on 20mg/day

im on day 12 today.......i have been gettin like 2 or 3 pimples but they dry up pretty soon...they are quite small but they ve all got pus in em'....my derm has asked me to use fucidin on such spots....

wats ur acne like??

i'm on 40mg/day. thats great you started it. yay--clear skin soon!!

i dont get huge cysts..but i do get breakouts, it has calmed down the past few years but it still contiunes and i'm 18 !!! but, it does scar a little & leave red marks, so its midly severe...

I broke out the most on day 8 or 9 and it took about 2 or 3 weeks to totally clear back up .. but now I am feeling awesome about my face! I just hope the feeling lasts :)

I completely know what you mean about college.. I really wanted to get rid of my acne before starting too.

So you've been on it about three weeks now? I'd say the initial outbreak is probably about done then. For me it wasn't that severe at all, only got a few more cysts than usual on my face. Of course, any of those at all is bad news though. I'm into about week 6 myself.

How are the side effects treating you?

hey guys! i am officially on WEEK 3 !!! yay! i think my inital breakout is over, because today i woke up with no new pimples!! i just went to get my bloodwork done today, because next week i have my dermo...tuesday the 15th i think. or 14th. and then that will ONE MONTH !! i went to the gym yesterday after school with my best friend and she said "hey, i think that medicine is working already. your skin looks better." that made me happy.

i'll update soon! bye guys!

I broke out the most on day 8 or 9 and it took about 2 or 3 weeks to totally clear back up .. but now I am feeling awesome about my face! I just hope the feeling lasts :)

Hey girl!

Sounds like our acne probs are quite similar.... I just started a journal on here as well (browneyz), but I'm actually on day 36 ...pretty close to you I think. I'm glad things are going so well for you. LT

Hey!

just saw your msg. to me in another log... cheers to the both of us! We deserve it! Talk to you soon and take care of that beautiful face ......cheesy! -LT

Day 26: hey guys! i just got back from the gym (i hope it doesnt clog my pores) but i have no new pimples again! however, the cysts i had gotten thanks to my intial breakout are taking forever to clear up!! so i just have the same 6 zits on my face for the past 2-3 weeks...but they are dried up. hmm..i've also been noticing that my skin gets dry on & around the zit...and then dead skin comes off. (kinda gross, sorry) i dont know! but i'm happy about the no new breakout thing!

no side effects really, just dry lips, but i drink water w/ lemon like its my job, i think that has decreased my dry skin & lips. sorry, that post was kinda long. i'll update in a few days! bye!

Day 30: (1 month done! :dance:) Just got back from the derm. I'm a little frustrated, i'm not going to lie. i thought my intial breakout was over, but ihave 2 new huge pimples from abour 3 days ago. UGHH. now the total on my right cheek = 5 because i still have those 2 old ones from however long ago. i know this takes time...but its so frustrating, i hate my face. i just want clear skin, is that too much to ask for?

and now i have to wait to get my pills because i had to get an Iplegde card..about not getting pregnant, blah blah all that that i already did the first time. UGHHH. bad day. too frustraing. sooo 1 month down...5 more to go? i REALLY cant wait.

Day 31: well i thought i would have such a hard time getting my new pills, but i called Ipledge last time and was on hold for about 40 minutes. then they gave me my user name & password, so then i logged on-line and literally took a quiz. they told you if you were correct and everything...since i got a 100%, i was allowed to get my pills today, meaning i didnt skip a day!! yay!

face update: left side: all clear! minus those red marks....UGHHH. right side: no new pimples, but still those same 5!! soo frustrating!

today in gym class i was talking to my two guy friends, and for the first time i noticed they both have red marks / acne. it is TOO bad, but its still there. and i never noticed before, and i think they both VERY good-looking and they both have great personalities..and clearly it doesnt matter to them. hmmm...maybe not all people notice acne because i never saw it on them before. just a thought.

alright i'm going now...tutoring, then then gym, then a paper for ap lang&comp...funnn. bye guys!

AP Lang & Comp is FUNNNN... actually not. Well, sort of. Guess it depends on how much you like english! What books have y'all read to prep for the AP?

Anyway hooray for no new zitlets! Looks like you are on the road to clear now!

AP Lang & Comp is FUNNNN... actually not. Well, sort of. Guess it depends on how much you like english! What books have y'all read to prep for the AP?

Anyway hooray for no new zitlets! Looks like you are on the road to clear now!

i hate aplac!! lol...worst class ever. we just write papers on rhetoric & style devices on emerson and other writers, and then my teacher copies your paper and the whole class just rips it apart. it causes me severe anxiety lol. and reading? my teacher is soooo lazy, we are reading mrs. dalloway but it taking us forever. we are on page 32 i think...and we have been working on it since the beginning of the year! hope ur well & thanks for the comment! :)

Day 33: hey everyone whats up, hope you all are doing good! today i had a zit on my forehead...which is weird cause i usually dont break out on my forehead. the good news is my cysts for forever ago are shrinking. almost gone! and left side of my face was all clear this morning! i was happy...i felt pretty when i put my make-up on. my left side looked smooth :) but then i went to the movies (i saw She's the Man---very funny, i like it alot) anyways, and i came out...and i had a pimple on my left cheek! ughh what is that! i'll put some BP on it. see how it does. alright i'm gonna go to sleep now..i'm soo tired.

i'll update in a few days...gotta write my 12 pg term paper! (i'm a senior...why i'm doing this i have NO clue!)

haha so much for starting my term paper...i'll do it later. or sometime this week.

Day 34: yeah so that huge zit on my face that i got last night went down considerbly today (thank god) i also woke up with a white head on my left cheek but it popped from the steam when i took a shower. the cysts from forever ago are going down, and other than that no new pimples! yay! i just cant wait until i'm at month 3 or 4 and i really start clearing up!! alright bye guys!!

oh and i added some pics in my gallery..i really dont know how to add them here, sorry. they are just of me w/ make-up. i'm not brave enough to post without make-up...maybe soon when i start clearing up!

hey everyone! i'm on WEEK 5 !!! DAY 35 !!! YAY !!! these little pimples come out of nowhere -- i swear!!! i went to gym around 5 with no new pimples all day. and then i was driving home i noticed 2 on my left cheek, kinda close by each other. eww. hopefully they wont leave redmarks because i am noticing that some pimples dont leave red marks anymore....amazing!!!

alright i'm going -- i have to write a paper for english...and maybe i'll work on my term paper (probably not though) i'll update soon--bye!

Day 39:hmmm..same old, same old. no new pimples, just the ones i had are taking FOREVER to go away. the good news is the ones i got while on acctuane are leaving NO RED MARKS !!! :dance: i am SO HAPPY about that. i just need these stupid dry ones to shrink !!!! my one friend said my face looked better...i hope shes right! (she knows i'm on accutane)

hm..nothing else really is new. i wrote4 pages of my paper...lots of drama in our senior class haha..and prom drama. ugh, the joys of the being a senior!

i'll update soon byee xo

Hey Lviq,

I just read ur posts today and thought I would say hi. I started on the 22 of feb. so I'm about 1 week behind you. I'm also a senior in High School, It seems like everything that has been happening to your face is happening to mine. It sounds similar to my experience with accutane. Hopefully we will both ssee some progress soon. Good luck with everything.

Hey Lviq,

I just read ur posts today and thought I would say hi. I started on the 22 of feb. so I'm about 1 week behind you. I'm also a senior in High School, It seems like everything that has been happening to your face is happening to mine. It sounds similar to my experience with accutane. Hopefully we will both ssee some progress soon. Good luck with everything.

hey! thanks for stopping by! I hope our progress is good! -- check back, we can share our success!

Hey Guys -- hope you are doing good. i'm on DAY 42 aka WEEK 6 !! yeah..my posts are really boring -- no new zits, just the same 5 on my right cheek. are they ever gonna go away?? they are dried up -- i dont get it.

today wasn't great. today marks the one year of one of my friend's death. :cry: we all wore pink to school (her favorite color) and that got me thinking. my friend dealth with Cystic Fibrosis for 16 years and NEVER complained. i can deal with a little acne...we all can. alot of people have it MUCH worse, like my friend. ..just a thought.

i'll update soon. bye xox

Lvig! I'm so sorry about the anniversary of your friend's death... but it sounds like she was in a lot of pain and death was a release for her. Thanks for the thought though, it definitely keeps things in perspective. You are amazing!

Lvig! I'm so sorry about the anniversary of your friend's death... but it sounds like she was in a lot of pain and death was a release for her. Thanks for the thought though, it definitely keeps things in perspective. You are amazing!

aww thanks, yeah you're right she was in alot of pain. :cry:

hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. today is day..ummm...45, i think. haha. my skin is doing so good! i have not had any pimples this past week ! :dance: FINALLY my old ones are starting to shrink and peel off with a very little red mark! yay i'm so happy. i hope it keeps getting better!

i have a picture for you guys (with make-up..its was right after i got home from school) but you get the idea. i'll update soon--bye!

IPB Image

haha woah, i just previewed the post and the picture is soo big. sorry!

hey guys..hope everyone is doing well. today is day 46! i just got back from getting my eyebrows waxed and the lady there was like "did your face breakout?" in broken English..which i could barely understand. i think she was talking about my dried up cysts from forever ago that are slowly shrinking..so i was just like "yeah." then she starts telling me about the stuff they offer that i should do. so i was just like "i'm on something, but thanks." and then she starts asking me what i'm on...like okay, i know you are trying to be nice, but please keep it to yourself ! ughh, sorry, that made me mad. :mad:

face: no new pimples...thats really good & i'm happy!

alright bye guys have a good weekend!

hey guys, hope everyone is doing well. i havent had a chance to update in a while..i have been so busy! i finished my term paper (for seniors in my high school, you must hand one in to graduate...so we all look at it like its our ticket for graduation and now we can all just slack off :D) and i just had alot going on. but now i'm back!

i believe i am on day 51 !!!

and oh yeah my CYSTS FINALLY SHRUNK!!! yay...i hope i never have one of those AGAIN!

skin: looking alright, i have a cluster of pimples on my left cheek :cry: but the red marks are slowly fading. my lips have been SO chapped lately...but i love my new best soft lips! nothing else is really new... i'll update soon byeee xox