Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rune

Accutane, in a short period of time.

I’ve spent hours searching this forum for information, here is my problem I have moderate acne on my face and moderate severe acne on my back, chest and arms. With some being “nodular acne�. I saw a new Dermatologist today he said he thinks “Accutane� would work, BUT here is the problem I leave for the Air Force, in July and I’m training right now and I heard that it can cause joint pain, hindering my training and other side effects that could get me DQ. As well I have to be clear of the drug from blood work in July, my question is do you think if I take accutane for a month or two it will make a change, and give me enough time to get rid of the side effects.

“I’m in “DEP� The Delayed Enlistment Program, so I have passed the physicals to get in, but was told to wach it. I would like to clear it up before I leave�

:wall:

I’ve spent hours searching this forum for information, here is my problem I have moderate acne on my face and moderate severe acne on my back, chest and arms. With some being “nodular acne�. I saw a new Dermatologist today he said he thinks “Accutane� would work, BUT here is the problem I leave for the Air Force, in July and I’m training right now and I heard that it can cause joint pain, hindering my training and other side effects that could get me DQ. As well I have to be clear of the drug from blood work in July, my question is do you think if I take accutane for a month or two it will make a change, and give me enough time to get rid of the side effects.

“I’m in “DEP� The Delayed Enlistment Program, so I have passed the physicals to get in, but was told to wach it. I would like to clear it up before I leave�

:wall:

i'm in the same boat...Canadian forces here though.

If you start now, maybe your derm can work out a higher dosage for a shorter period of time...maybe it has the same effect in the end?

Good luck!