Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bostonblonde87

break out around the mouth

Okay so most of my face is clear, but I tend to break out just around my mouth. Could it be because of toothpaste or something?! Has anyone dealt with this? Please offer some advice y'all!

Thanks!

I know how you feel.

Mouth zits are a bitch.

I can literally tell that they are coming up a week before.

I KNOW I'm having one come up right now. It hurts like shit. I know that tomorrow it will most likely be an inflamed whitehead.

ACNE.

what an ass.

i got this figured out. its from some ingredient in your toothpaste and (i think) mixed with general carelessness in the cleaning of your mouth. you drool at night and it breaks you out.

so what i do is brush my teeth and tounge super thoroughly, wash my mouth out with water, and then wash my mouth out with listerine, also thoroughly. then i avoid eating and drinking (except water) until the next morning.

worked for me.

i got this figured out. its from some ingredient in your toothpaste and (i think) mixed with general carelessness in the cleaning of your mouth. you drool at night and it breaks you out.

so what i do is brush my teeth and tounge super thoroughly, wash my mouth out with water, and then wash my mouth out with listerine, also thoroughly. then i avoid eating and drinking (except water) until the next morning.

worked for me.

I'm not sure if it's the toothpaste or the normal bacteria in your mouth, or even the salive (there's digestive enzymes in there); I've a suspicion it's the bacteria. Certainly the listerine would kill that.

I'm currently using a mouthwash with hydrogen peroxide in, and it seems to help.

People with acne's skin is very sensitive.

Guest yahyah

Do you smoke?

Do you use make-up? If you use makeup - do you tend to put 'more' make-up on your chin area or round your mouth?

worked for me.

And to think that so many teen magazines advocate putting toothpaste on pimples at night to dry them out quickly!

if you use chap stick, that's def it. chapstick brand (all types of chapstick) makes me break out around my mouth big time. if you do, try this stuff called carmex. it's next to chapstick in the stores it's in a yellow tube. no more breakin out around my mouth now

Thanks guys... So I've come to the conclusion that the breaking out around my mouth is due to my saliva at night... I take a lot of medicine for other problems and I also have acid reflux so i'm thinking that could be it. So in addition to bp at night i'm going to put vaseline over and around my mouth and see if that helps at all... i'll let everyone knowww!

Thanks again guys.