Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

Bad things in Cleansers ( its in cetaphil and others )

Steven,

SLS is in the majority of cleansers. I think you are just worrying too much. But if your conscience won't allow you to use anything with SLS in it, then I guess you need to read some labels next time you are at the drugstore.

*shrug*

It has an ingredient that could be comedogenic, but the knowledge of what exactly causes acne is very crummy. The Cetaphil cleansers work for some people...

*shrug*

It has an ingredient that could be comedogenic, but the knowledge of what exactly causes acne is very crummy. The Cetaphil cleansers work for some people...

iv started using cetephil gentle wash. so far more dryness than what i used to use(clean and clear) .

will update in a few days

I have tried nearly all of the cleansers that are recommended for the regimen. I used the cetaphil for a long time with great results. They all work fine. The purpose liquid is my current favorite(just dont take the bottle into the shower with you). Any of the products that Dan recommends should work fine for you, that is why they are on the list.

o ok , well cetaphil gentle cleanser kinda burned me today ;[ // my next cleanser im gonna have to try is Purpose liquid cleanser ( the bariskinda drying but only becuase bp dries your skin out mostly )

iv started using cetephil gentle wash. so far more dryness than what i used to use(clean and clear) .

will update in a few days

Oh man, I hope to God that my new cleanser (Purpose liquid) will not dry me out as much as the Cetaphil (any Cetaphil cleanser) did. I'm having serious flakiness issues and maybe now I have hope.

The purpose soap is only a *little* drying, but if you wash for less than 10 seconds and barely touch your face (like in Dan's vid), you'll probably end up liking it.

just products with SLS are just killing me :[ i was reaind that it causes hair loss but how can that be.. my pantene shampoo has SLS in it i doubt that a hair product could contain chemicals that cause hair loss..

btw how many pumps of cetaphil should be used , i let my face dry and put about 10 times into my palm becuase ican see it being clean because when my face is wet it looks like its not cleaning heh L:{

Steven,

that's it! I am coming over there and gonna force you to stop switching around so much. :D

As for the SLS, how do you know it is bothering you? I mean, it's doubtful you've ever put straight SLS onto your skin, and there are numerous other ingredients in face washes and shampoos and such, so what makes you think the SLS in particular is a problem for you?

ok,

iv gave the cetaphil a go for a few days. So far so good. no breakouts , alot of flakes but my moisturiser fixed that. My only worry is that it may be clogging my pores. I looked very closely in de mirror last nite and theres alot of little bumbs on my forehead. :rolleyes: Hopefully i wont break out. I have two bars of purpose on the way so this will have to do for now.

cetaphil just FEels liek it dosnet clean :[ i just cleansed with it and i still felt a milky feel after if i ran my finger on my face ( i only used moutrizer last night no bp because skin wasVery dry ) and cetaphil didnt wash off the flakeS ;[ nd 2 new pimaps came up may this be from cetaphil?

purpose / cetaphil i threw everything else in a box and locked them up and threw away the key so i cant get to them so u woudlnt yell at me ='[

:lol: Steven,

alright, so you only have Cetaphil and Purpose bar.

Okay, I remember the Purpose bar was too drying, and you feel like the Cetaphil isn't cleaning well enough. Is it the Cetaphil liquid, because some people do say they don't feel like it cleans well, although there are plenty of people who really like it.

So, basically you want something that isn't going to dry you as bad as the Purpose bar, but clean a bit better than the Cetaphil.

I think you should try the Purpose Liquid really. Otherwise, I just don't know. You are going to experience some degree of dryness, just because the bp will dry your skin, that's just part of it.

You don't have to box up and lock up all your cleansers, lol, but perhaps when you try one, try it for a week or so before you decide if it is going to work out or not.

Am I helping any here Steven??

btw brandy the SLS thing im worryed about is the hair loss thing i have been reading i dont wanna have bald eyebrows :[[[[

but im still gonna use cetaphil gentle cleanser for a while ( 2nd wash tonight adn it feels preety goood :D )

i would of thought my skin would of felt smooth and balanced out from usingt cetaphil but my chin area and upperlip skin has been falking alot but has calmed down last few days , buy my nose and skin feels so tight adn ruff

SLS and its derivatives are used in dish soap, laundry detergents and car wash soaps. It is the ingredent responsible for giving soaps and cleansers their foaming action.

IMHO . . . . .

For me, cleansers without SLS, AHA or BHA just aren't very effective. I've tried cleansers like Cetaphil, Spectro Gel and Aloette's Pure Radiance (which has healing peptides) and after 2 to 3 days I find an increase in breakouts. The only cleanser that works for me is Serious Skin Care's Daily Ritual which contains SLS, salicylic acid and synthetic beads which all effectively help to cleanse and exfoliate the skin.