Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Whatsup? Today is my first day to getting clear skin!...hopefully, I'm starting accutane today after getting prescribed for it last week on Velentines day. I'm a 17 year old male, 185lbs, senior in High School and have had acne for about 2 years but it has only been really bad since this past August. so about 6 months of badness. I have a lot of redmarks, a little bit of scarring, and a good amount of active acne. Most of my acne is on my cheeks, that's where it's bad. My chin and forehead are usually clear. My nose has some zits on and around it, unfortunatley. The past few days I have gotten a good amount of new zits probably because last week I stopped my other medications and topical creams for acne. I am going to be taking 80mg, which seems like a lot at the start, for 5 months. This is what I was told last week so on July 22 I should be clear! I'm hoping to be clear for my graduation in June and I absolutely want to be clear by the time I start college next year!

I am hesitant to take accutane because of the many side effects that it can cause. My skin is already pretty dry because of the winter and the other acne medications I have had and my lips are already very chapped because of the winter. So I will just need to load on the moisturizer and lip stuff. I'm also confident that I will get some joint pain because I play basketball a lot and am an active person, but I think I can handle that. What I'm really nervous about is the possibility of losing some hearing or vision, that would suck! Hopefully accutane will be good to me and just clear me without bad side effects.

I'm going to be using cetaphil cleanser and moisturizer for dryness and the medicated chapstick, or if that doesn't work some other thing for my lips, I think its called lip saver? I also am looking to get aquaphor because a lot of people here say good things about it. Lastly, I might take some vitamin E or fish oil if I get a lot of joint pain... what a pain.

Well, I should be taking my first pill in an hour or two, I can only take one today cause I guess its too late in the day to take two. Tomorrow and the following days I will be taking 2 40mg pills a day. Well, if anyone has advice for me, questions, or just wants to talk, feel free to reply. Deffinitly reply because if you don't, whats the point of this whole log thing??

O ya, I also am worried about an innitial breakout which I'm sure willl be awful. O well.

~LAter :naughty: I just like that face, don't mean anything by it.

YA! I just got the pills and they are Amnesteen, that's the same thing as accutane and rocaccutane, right? Is there any difference in this Amnesteen and the others except for their name? no, I think I know that answer. Anyways, I will take the pill with a meal. I've been waiting for my first pill because I'm getting that spicy chicken thing from McDonalds, mmmmmm. It's been a while. I'll be back here later and tell you how my first pill has been, I'm sure that nothing will happen for a few days though. Cya

End of my first day! No change whatsoever and that is to be expected. I think that in 2 more days I will probably notice something, whether its a new breakout or some side effect, but you never know.

Day 2 is coming to an end and I feel fine so far. It seems that I notice any slight pain I have in my body and this is probably because in the back of my mind I'm always thinking about the side effects of tane. No signs of a breakout yet, just one pimple that is coming in on my chin, unrelated to the tane I'm sure. Lips are dry but they have been this whole winter. I just got finished reading some1's accutane log and it didn't really end up too good. He stopped taking accutane ater around 4 months because of some side effects. He was on the same 80 mg dossage as I am so I hope that it works out better this time around. If anybody has any positive stories please share them with me. Off to watch some tv, I'll try not to post anything until I notice some change. O ya, and I worked out today, ran about 2 miles and lifted some weights and so far no extra noticable pain, (knock on wood). ~Later

Welcome to the tane club! I hope clear skin awaits you and you don't have any awful side effects... I just finished month 1 and I have barely even gotten dry skin, just a gradual clearing. Good luck!

Can't say I have a positive story to share yet, but my experience so far with it (about 1 month in) has been very mild. None of the side effects i've had have interfered with anything I do. I have had a few though, you can check out my log for the specifics if you want.

As far as I know, all of the generic Accutane products like Amnesteem (i'm taking that too currently) are all the same. The companies are required to put the same amount and quality of ingredient into the capsules. Some of them manufacture the capsules differently though. I don't think that makes any difference in how effective it is.

Thanks for the info Aaron.

Day 4

Let's see... day 4 and I started Wed. Wed I only took one pill, but the others I took 2 so that brings me to...7 pills? I feel like I haven't taken that many, let me go check...yep, I guess its been 7 already. Well as for my progress....I still can't tell whether anything has changed. I have definitley gotten a few more pimples but I believe that this is still a result from stopping my other acne meds from last week. Also today one of my zits started to scab but it was all black, kinda freaked me out. It hurt too, but after I took a shower the scab came off but its still dark in color and its a healing zit I think, weird. I have a big one coming in on my chin fo'sho, it's been coming in since yesterday, I'm sure that tomorrow it will be in full force. It's a little upsetting because I haven't had pimples on my chin for a while. Another big one that I had on my upper cheek from two days ago is going away nicely and then I just have some other acne that's not too big of a deal. I obviously still have tons of red marks though, but I know with time they will go, as for now I just want to rid my acne.

Side effects: Every once in a while I will get a very slight pain in either my knee or head, but I know that its just my mind playing games on me because I am aware of these side effects, at least I hope its only my mind. Lips are chapped as always but very manageable. Skin is starting to dry up little by little and I'm sure that within a few more days I will be complaining about it. So overall right now I said its going alright. O ya, my eyes seem to feel a little dry sometimes, but I attribute that to my excessive tv watching the past couple of days.

Something else I feel like writing about that really isn't important but I'm going to write about anyways since it's my log is tonight's events. My friend came back from a trip over vacation so he another friend and I went out to eat. then just hung out at his house, it was all good. Before I left to go to dinner I found out that my neighbor was having a party. When I was leaving I saw some cars parked outside and when I got back home there were still about 6 left. It doesn't really bother me that I didn't go because I don't party much also I can't drink on accutane. But I think about what it would be like if I didn't have acne. I think that if I was all clear I would absolutley stop by and join the fun. It's just that with acne I somehow feel like I would be a disservice to them, like I would just be a hassel for them. And it's not like I would be unwanted there because afterall I LIVE RIGHT NEXT TO THE HOUSE! If she is having a party its like its at my hose too, I have everyright to go there and I'm friends with everyone there but I feel like I would just interfere with them because I have acne. Anyways, it's not really bothering me as much as I make it look like it is. I just wrote this because, well I don't really know, I just wrote it. I'm just still thinking to myself that if my face was clear I would go over there in a heart beat and really have a good time. I mean how much better can it get? there is a party right next to my house and it would be great to go, so easy, just walk right over and back, no worrying about anything. But I know that in a few months I should be clear and then I will be sure not to miss this again. Just a few months! I'm excited for that time.

That was my first long post, but I figure why not try and entertain some of you with my stories, or bore you. Either one. Goodnight I'm really not upset so don't worry, if anything I'm happy about my future.

OOOH, I forgot. For the past few days I've been wanting to tell you people about a nice song I heard the other day on Jimmy Kimmel live. It's called Boston by the group Augustana. It's just a good song that I think people should listen to, I just kinda like it. Goodnight again.

good luck brother, im at day 7 of 60mg.

im a little dry and my skin is pretty much the same as beforehand, altho it got worse from day one... hoping that was all the initial breakout im gonna get. i could swear my skin looks kinda nicer in general, pimples excluded. side effects are bugger all, i only look shit if i dont lip balm (carmex is workin great) every 30 mins, and if i wash my face with anything strong i look like i rubbed sanpaper all over me, dead skin everywhere. also i use cetaphil moisturiser, its good, stops the dry peel look, but seems to give a big shiny oily face look, which is just as bad. really need to use a tiiny amount. i would get a blood nose every night were it not for vaseline up there. my legs aren't recovering very well from a big weekend.

Day 5

Had a good day, hung out with some friends. Well school starts tomorrow after a week of vacation, so back to hell. Actually I don't mind school too much, just anxious for summer and then college.

Nothing major to report about my face, still have a good amount of active stuff, some new ones too. The one on my chin is getting pretty big and tomorrow for school it should be at its prime, o well. I think that my face and body is starting to get a little bit dryer. That's about it for now.

Peace

Hey. It's Day 6/7

I just took my 13th pill of 40 mg each.

Luckily I'm still not really experiencing any side effects, maybe dry lips, but like I said before they have been dry. Unfortunately I think that I am getting a breakout. I'm not sure if I should call it my initial breakout though because I still don't know whether the tane has kicked in. I feel like this breakout could still just be a normal breakout, but it does seem like I'm going to get a lot. There is a nice one coming in right to the right of my mouth. I feel it when I open my mouth so that can't be too good, especially when it gets bigger tomorrow. I see a a good amount of acne starting to come in on the right side of my face below my forehead. The new ones coming in on the left are a little below my eye and somewhat close to my nose. I don't think that any of these, except the one near my mouth, are going to be too big so that's good. I'm hoping that they come up on Thursday because we might have a snowday then. But they will probably will either become full tomorrow or Friday considering they are evil! :evil: Well, now I have to do some homework and decide whether or not I want to play basketball tonight. I don't like acne... ya some of my deep thoughts. Acne is bad. I want clear skin. I know that it probably won't be at least a month until I see any improvements. I hope that it is better in May and June because of graduation and other things like that. Please work accutane! Feel free to write anything you want here. Bye

All the best roggerrabbit.. how is your progress?

I am just starting Roaccutane as well.

Good to you that you don't have any initial break out.

Just hang on there..

We'll be clear in 6 months..

Welcome to the club :)

Keep positiveee...

Hey! Day...um... 9 I think.

about 2 hours ago I Took my 17th pill I think.

I was having doubts about whether accutane has been working earlier this week but I believe that it is working just fine now. I can tell because my lips are definitley drier than normal. Maybe its because I have been using a lot of chapstick since the first day. That can't make my lips worse because I'm dependant on chapstick, can it? I also notice that my nose is getting dry and kinda flakes. Two days ago is when I noticed my face getting really dry, it was when I got out of the shower and 10 minutes after my face got real flaky. So far cetaphil has kept me very...moisturized I guess, haha. Today I think that my back might be starting to get achey because I had a basketball game last night, but it's probably in my head.

Acne: Same as it has been. A few new spots but I still don't know whether I can attribute it to the "Initial Breakout". If I haven't gotten a bad initial breakout by now am I likely not to have it get much worse? I've got some annoying big ones on the sides of my face near my jawline but nothing too bad.

I really haven't been letting my face get to me recently so that's great. I really just don't concentrate on it because I know that I'm doing the most I can do for it from being on accutane. It's not like I'm going to maagically clear up in a day so why bother being so concerned about it? Well, I can do this as long as I don't have some horrible breakout...(knock on wood). Plus I might as well have fun instead of hiding because either way my face isn't going to be any different. That's all I really have to say for now. Cya

Day 15

Hey everyone! Its been a little while since I've updated. I just think that more people would rather me post when some kind of change happens so I try to wait a few day to post. I can't make any promisses though.

Today my acne is doing alright. I have a lot of scabbing going on from my breakout last week. Things seem to be going away nicely right now. No huge zits now, mostly just going away. I doubt it will stay like this though because I still sense some bumps hiding in my skin in different areas of my face, so I think they will all some up in a day or two, but maybe not. I can only hope that things will reamain at the pace they are going now, slowely but surelky my face is getting a little better...besides all of the redmarks and possibly scars. Since this is only my second week I still have to believe that I will have to go through a lot more acne before this is all over so I'm not going to make myself think that its an easy path from hear. But it would be awsome if it only got better from here.

Side effects: I definitley have dry skin now. after I shower my face gets VERY dry so I put on moisturizer on after the shower and that seems to do the trick. My lips aare still very chapped as well, but now I'm putting aquafor on them at night and lip saver throughout the day so its managable. I have been noticing an achey back which I am going to say is tane related because if I ever had a bad back before tane it would be gone within a day or two. My back is not in constant pain or anything, just after standing for a bit or being bent over. It also hurts after playing basketball or being active, but its not too bad...yet. My knees also feel a bit achey at times, like now, but once again its not too big a deal. Other than that I am happy to say that I'm doing fine. No problems in school or anything like that. I hope that everything can stay on the same pace as now and that nothing bad happens to me from tane. That's it for now, I have a basketball game to play. Good luck everyone!

Yes, Day 16

I just got back from a high school hockey game about an hour ago. WE WON!! It was a ridiculously close game and we won it in the end! Lot's of fun. Anyways...

My progress is still goin ok. I can't really tell if I have any new spots because of all of the old ones still going away. I think its doing ok.

Side effects: This is the reason I am posting today... For the past 2 days I think that I have been developing some rashes. Through out my arm I am finding little red marks, some small and some clumped together. They feel dry and kinda look like scabs. I'm pretty sure that its some kinda rash or something. Also on my neck I have about 3 or for red patches. Its not too noticable but when I look in the mirror its obvious for me to see. It looks like I got slapped on my neck and that the marks were left by fingers. They are long and narrow red marks, but I'm trying to moisturize them so they will hopefully subdside. They sting a little bit too, but not badly. Those are the new side effects I am starting to feel.

If anyone has anything to say, feel free to say it! write something...well, that's it for now, goodnight.

Probably Exzema. The best thing to do for it is just moisturise those areas like crazy! I had the same problem starting about 1 month into the course. What I did personally, was slab a bunch of aquafor on the bad areas at night and when I woke up, magic, they usually gone. Atleast for a few days.

Your skin is drying so fast that is can't keep up with hydrating itself. Its a pretty common side effect, but easy to fight with patience and moisturizer.

Good luck, I'm on month 6 myself, and I'll tell ya, its one hell of a ride all the way through. =p

Night

Jq, I appreciate the advice. I would love to be in my last month already, but I'm not even through my first. How has your acne been? Is it almost cleared up? I hope that it's been well worth it for you. Thanks again for the advice

Roger-

Hope your progress goes well. I started just a little behind you. Headache are a killer but no major side effects otherwise. Do you play hockey or were you watching? There really isn't a lot of hockey where I live in the midwest. It sounds fun!

Have a great day.

Hey.

Trenem, I was watching hockey, I don't play. And today we had another game and won!

As for my face... Nothing new really to report. I think that I have a few tiny new spots below my right ear on my jaw line, but nothing too bad. I had a good day. ~Later

Glad you are having a good skin day. Ive got a killer spor right on my lip line, but its not noticeable. Except for me because it hurts really bad! Those tiny spots are nothing compared to the large cycts we sometimes face.

Hey! I think that it's now Day 23!

It's been a while and I have a good amount to update you all on.

In my last post I said how my face was doing well and that I was happy with my progress. Well...This week I am not feeling as great. I had a new breakout and it is still happening, but its almost over, I hope. A few days ago I developed a large zit, mayube a postule or cyst, I don't really know. It was on my cheek so it was noticable. However it settled down and is now mostly a scab and shouldnt last too much longer. Tow days ago I got another big one on the side of my chin and it is still there, slowly fading away. I have also gotten a lot of pimples on my forehead, a place where I had almost nothing before accutane. Now I have about 7 or 8 there that are either developing or fading away. They are kinda painful too. O ya, I also have one in between my eyes! It has finally been pushed to the surface after sitting there for over a week. Over the past day my chin has gotten tiny pimples, which have mostly cleared, but left 2 little weird dry patches. Not to mention that I still have tons of red marks and some slight scarring, but I'm not too concerned with those because I'm pretty sure that they won't go away until the end of my treatment and maybe longer.

Although my face is bad right now I feel that the breakout is over/ending and that by next week my face will be ok. My cheeks right now don't have too many acticve spots and I think that the rest of my face probably won't breakout too badly anytime soon again. I'm hoping that this was the worst of it and that my face will now gradually clear up.

Side Effects: One of the things that is really bothering me is the inside of my nose. It is stuffed up and really dry at the same time. There is a lot of dry blood in it. I haven't yet had a nosebleed, but when I blow my nose, blood always seems to come out. My face is still dry, esdpecially around my mouth and on my nose. My lips still get very dry. Today I forgot my chapstick and by the second half of the day my lips were burning> I had to constanly lick them or put water on them. II am sooo happy to have been reunited with my chapstick when I got home. I haven't been noticing my back pains as much as before so that is good.

Overall, this has been a rough week, but I feel that it will get better from here. Bye and goodluck

Hello, DAY 24

This morning my face is pretty much the same as yesterday, but everything seems to be drying and they are slightly smaller than yesterday! That's really all I have to say...

YAY MARCH MADNESS!!