Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Femina Mala Est

More CROSS Before/After

By the way, I want to add that it seems like the scars are actually filling in more as time passes now, which wasn't happening after the first and second treatments. I remember others saying that the third treatment is when it really starts to kick in and it appears they were correct. I've looked terrific the last two days. Hopefully that continues.

So did you take pics of last 2 days? I'd love to see, and I'm happy it's working for you! Frankly, I'm scared to death to do it to myself .

Sorry, no new pics for at least a month, after treatment number four.

I suppose I have no great reason for that other than that it was my original plan and I'm a stubborn bastard. I can take a candid pic or two for ya, though. I'll see if I can get someone else to actually take a picture, because I hate taking pictures of myself.

Eh, up to a few hours, then it should just be all red, with perhaps a really dark hole where the toothpick actually touched. It should scab after a couple of days.

I read hyaluronic acid was useless when applied topically since the particles are too big to get thru the skin, it just makes it LOOK smoother. What does neosporin contain, does it promote collagen production or is it just for soothing? Are you gonna swap to another topical after the first stages?

Okay, so has anyone else gotten 100% TCA from mytcapeel.com and had it not frost at all? I thought I was doing everything right. How hard do you actually have to press?

I read hyaluronic acid was useless when applied topically since the particles are too big to get thru the skin, it just makes it LOOK smoother. What does neosporin contain, does it promote collagen production or is it just for soothing? Are you gonna swap to another topical after the first stages?

Neosporin is an antibiotic cream that also seals the wound and helps it heal. It's usually used on cuts and prevents infection. Neither of these things promotes collagen production, but that's okay, because the acid burn itself promotes collagen production.

Okay, so has anyone else gotten 100% TCA from mytcapeel.com and had it not frost at all? I thought I was doing everything right. How hard do you actually have to press?

bought 50% from there. had to hold acid to skin a loong time and reapply a few times to get it to frost.

Denise

Thanks for the tip. I was afraid of reapplying but since its 50% I dont see why not. I'll try that next time and see if it frosts, and I'll also dip the toothpick for 2 minutes instead of 20 seconds and see if that makes a difference. I considered twisting but wondered if that would cause spreading over the scar, since my scars are porelike in size (larger than pores obviously). Great tips!

ok strangest thing today. I havent recieved my TCA cross method kit yet in the mail but I was messing around with one of my bad ice pick scars a couple days ago with salicylic acid using a tooth pick and poking it just for practice for when I get the TCA. No lie this morning I woke up and looked at my face and the icepick scar looks 50% smaller out of no where. I dont know if its the retina I am using or the poking with the acid but um Iam speechless, Ill take a pic and show you what it looks like.

:wub:

I read in the lounge you were thinking about me in a bikini... :naughty: Too bad I didn't even go out today. I'm too scared to sunburn! :doh:

But tomorrow, dear friend, I will go out. And I will think of you as I slather extremely sexy sunscreen all over myself and sit under the extremely sexy gazebo reading an unsexy novel. ;) Love ya

ok strangest thing today. I havent recieved my TCA cross method kit yet in the mail but I was messing around with one of my bad ice pick scars a couple days ago with salicylic acid using a tooth pick and poking it just for practice for when I get the TCA. No lie this morning I woke up and looked at my face and the icepick scar looks 50% smaller out of no where. I dont know if its the retina I am using or the poking with the acid but um Iam speechless, Ill take a pic and show you what it looks like.

very interesting. keep us posted. i too am trying to find a way to solve ice picks scars...

u kno wat, i cant try anything right now because im in that period of waiting for the accutane to get out of my body before scar revision. thats why i'm doin all my homework on everything and everyone's scars..

Well, I underwent my fourth cross tonight. This was the most thorough one to date, though I did leave the scars on my left cheek untouched. I crossed well over a hundred scars and it took me over three hours to finish. I'll keep y'all updated on how the healing goes this time around.

TennGrl, I love you.

:wub: Oh good. I just read at LH that you are starting to love Dru and I was worried... but now I'm good :D

Hope you heal quickly! Summer in Cali with no classes can't be fun if you're swollen and can't really go outside.

Hey everyone,

I got my 50% TCA from ebay seller bettercomplexions, not sure if its my skin or the acid but it takes an effort for it to frost (apply twice or really soak it). Anybody else have a similar experience with 50% tca?

:wub: Oh good. I just read at LH that you are starting to love Dru and I was worried... but now I'm good :D

Hehe, I'm proud of Dru's feistiness. Big difference.

If you lurk there, why don't you ever post?

Eh... cause LH'ers love to hate me! :lol: I'd rather hang out here. Much safer. Plus I am a mod here, and being a mod is sooo much cooler! :D

And there are pictures of you here :wub:

Is TCA crossing safe and easy enough to do at home? I ask because it seems like no one even bothers to go to the doctor to get it done and I myself would love to try it but am hesitant about doing something that maybe a doctor only should handle. Does anyone wish they had it done by a doctor instead of trying it themselves? I'd love some feedback. Thanks!!!!!