Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Femina Mala Est

More CROSS Before/After

Thank you for replying. You said you applied the hyaluronic acid serum right after the treatment along with neosporin. So after it frosts you put the hyaluronic acid surum on. Then do u wait a few minutes and put the neosporin on ? or how does that work?

Well, it usually takes me about two hours to finish crossing everything because I have so many scars and they're mostly very small, so I'm extra careful. Once I am finished, I apply the HA serum, which goes on pretty smooth, and then slop on neosporin. I don't think it's necessary to wait a few minutes, but you certainly can. I doubt it makes any serious difference.

Femina, your improvement is enormous! I'd say in the 70-80%.

How many crosses between the before and after? 2?

It's after 3 treatments. You really think it's improved that much? It kind of varies from scar to scar, but the improvement on the temples has been better than the improvement on the forehead. Then again, maybe I'm just underestimating that, too. I never did manage to get a very good before photo to do any comparison with. All I know is it still looks like crap, but my girlfriend gets mad every time I put a hat on before we leave and tells me it looks much better. Maybe I should listen and quit staring at myself with a light two inches from my face.

Yes, I think the over all (average) improvement is that much. It's so visible even with the slightly different lighting and even though one of the after pics is slightly foggy. There's huge definite improvement.

You also don't seem to have any redness!

Lucky... :D

:clap: Wow. I think the results are great. The pictures seem realistic. Possibly a 30-50% improvement by the looks of it, imo. I crossed a few scars but didn't get those results. I am now using some retin-a for a while. Weird, The inside of a large boxcar still seems like it might be healing since it is a tad bit pink still. I think with the scars being pink on the inside still, it is an illusion that they might look worse but upon application of makeup, I think I got possibly a 10% improvement with 2 crosses. I should add that the first cross attempt didn't really scab. It just flaked a few days later. The second one was a bigger flake but nothing like a brown scab or anything. I wonder why I'm not scabbing??? Too many 15% peels which may have made my skin too accustomed to the Tca?? I am going to wait a few more weeks to try another. It's been around 4 weeks since the last one.

Thank you for replying. You said you applied the hyaluronic acid serum right after the treatment along with neosporin. So after it frosts you put the hyaluronic acid surum on. Then do u wait a few minutes and put the neosporin on ? or how does that work?

Well, it usually takes me about two hours to finish crossing everything because I have so many scars and they're mostly very small, so I'm extra careful. Once I am finished, I apply the HA serum, which goes on pretty smooth, and then slop on neosporin. I don't think it's necessary to wait a few minutes, but you certainly can. I doubt it makes any serious difference.

Femina, your improvement is enormous! I'd say in the 70-80%.

How many crosses between the before and after? 2?

It's after 3 treatments. You really think it's improved that much? It kind of varies from scar to scar, but the improvement on the temples has been better than the improvement on the forehead. Then again, maybe I'm just underestimating that, too. I never did manage to get a very good before photo to do any comparison with. All I know is it still looks like crap, but my girlfriend gets mad every time I put a hat on before we leave and tells me it looks much better. Maybe I should listen and quit staring at myself with a light two inches from my face.

Hi, I just have to comment on what an adorable little boy you were, and your scarring is definitely better !!! Take care, RuPerki :cool:

Hi Femina,

I did TCA cross 50% on several ice pick scars and some scarred pores for my second application and some for my first time (as i have alot of icepick/boxcar type scars)...

but they seem to be more prominent looking after 3 weeks of doing the cross treatment...shouldn't it be looking more filled in and improved? i am losing hope, and feel that maybe TCA was a mistake on my skin, since the scars look bigger and more raw to me after all these weeks passed by...

should i even continue onto my 2nd and 3rd TCA cross?? i don't want thigns to look worse than they already are =(

Amazing improvement Femina. :clap: I'm hoping to do some more CROSS on my scars in about a month. I've gotten more scars, coz i was on accutane until just about a week or so ago. Second time around...let's hope it's the last and I can just get rid of my damn scars once and for all!!! Thank very much for the pics.

I did TCA cross 50% on several ice pick scars and some scarred pores for my second application and some for my first time (as i have alot of icepick/boxcar type scars)...

but they seem to be more prominent looking after 3 weeks of doing the cross treatment...shouldn't it be looking more filled in and improved? i am losing hope, and feel that maybe TCA was a mistake on my skin, since the scars look bigger and more raw to me after all these weeks passed by...

should i even continue onto my 2nd and 3rd TCA cross?? i don't want thigns to look worse than they already are =(

Vicky, I can't make any "promises" but from your description it sounds exactly like it was for almost everybody else who did it. With a few exceptions, almost everybody said they looked worse until 3-4 weeks after cross and then started "filling in".

Don't despair.

Vicky, I can't make any "promises" but from your description it sounds exactly like it was for almost everybody else who did it. With a few exceptions, almost everybody said they looked worse until 3-4 weeks after cross and then started "filling in".

Don't despair.

thank u HopeSprings. your reply has gave me a lil bit more motivation to go on a couple more wks

with patience... TCA sure seems like a game of patience.

do u think it is ok to put on retin-a in the morning and supercop at nite to enhance collagen growth?

cuz that is my new regimen for the time being...thank u once again.

If your skin is USED to them and you don't break out because of them (that's the last thing you need on new, sensitive skin) then it sounds like a VERY good idea.

I hope others can comment on that.

Femina,

Great results. I've done two 50% crosses and have not had those kind of results on much smaller scars. I was wondering how long you wait between crosses, and also, how often you use the Hyluronic acid?

femina_mala_est,

I'm glad for u as the improvement for ur scar is really great. :)

AS for my part, I've been trying TCA cross by using 50% solution since June last year, I would say it yielded insignificant result to my icepicks and boxcar scars. All my scars scabbed well bt after the scabsfallen off. after the swelling, all the scars bk to normal, bt i shld feel lucky as they din become any worse.

I dun understand y they did not help with my scars cus all my scars are not really deep, shld i try out 100% TCA since 50% did not help much? Any suggestion? Any one?

To you 50 percent people,

The Korean study showed that best results came from the 100 percent solution.

Also the minimum tested percentage in the study for cross was 65 percent [pretty sure] which did not yield results anywhere near as effective.

Hi Femina,

i am 22 years old...

uhoh i am soo stupid...i just did a charcoal peeling mask on my skin last nite

and it really irritated my newly sensitive skin....

now my scabs look more hideous than ever as it ripped off my skin cells probably.

i am soooo stupid!!!

i guess TCA wasn't meant to be...and i have lost this game of patience.

i should just give up and go hide in the corner for the rest of my life...

To you 50 percent people,

The Korean study showed that best results came from the 100 percent solution.

Also the minimum tested percentage in the study for cross was 65 percent [pretty sure] which did not yield results anywhere near as effective.

Hi Femina,

Do you mind if i ask your age?

Most "young people" [lets say under 30] should be fully healed by the 4-6 week mark.

Wait it out till week 6 [incase your a slow healer] and decide if its actually gotten worse.

If it has, then dont do TCA cross again, its just not for you. I believe anime girl had a cross go bad, some people are just like that.

Perhaps needling would be a good alternative?

Also, new collagen is very weak and fragile, its important to not exfoliate the area or scrub for the entire month.

Do not pick the scab or irritate the skin, this can also hinder the healing process.

No Vicky, you should just learn patience! TCA cross could prove to be a great solution for many, from everything I read but you have to wait and see it through.

It seems that the best thing to do is to leave skin alone as much as possible after the cross. Not do anything irritating in the 4-6 weeks or so after the cross.

You've suffered for years from acne and scars, what's another few months of being patient in the big scheme of your life, that's meant to rid you of this pest?

Think about the end result :D

i will keep all this good stuff in mind, and just wait some months since

i guess i have nothing to lose..just pray that my skin doesn't get worse though...

and be sure definitely to neveeer do any more facial peels or anything

aggressive to my skin while im doing my TCA treatments, after making

that blasted mistake...

so far after about 2 tca crosses and 3 wks...by scars look more noticeable.

BUT they do look a tad lil bit less discolored, because they were quiet red before.

No Vicky, you should just learn patience! TCA cross could prove to be a great solution for many, from everything I read but you have to wait and see it through.

It seems that the best thing to do is to leave skin alone as much as possible after the cross. Not do anything irritating in the 4-6 weeks or so after the cross.

You've suffered for years from acne and scars, what's another few months of being patient in the big scheme of your life, that's meant to rid you of this pest?

Think about the end result :D

They are still healing. I say wait another month before you try again. Let skin heal as much as possible.

You really have age in your favor. Just be patient and think of the end results. :angel:

I think you guys are right, 100% is the way to go. I've been using 50% for scarred pores mostly, and it hardly frosts at all, if at all. I'm just scared of permanent damage with 100% perhaps I'll do 80%. Good luck everyone (steady hands!) :cool:

Okay guys, I finally tried 100% TCA cross for myself. I've already most of the threads regarding this topic as well as the research document. I ordered 100% from mytcapeel.com and it arrived last night. I already asked this in another thread, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me here too. I tried last it last night and followed all the directions I read from the threads. Washed face, wiped with alcohol, soaked toothpick for 2 minutes, and pressed firmly into 2 icepick scars. The first time I did it, there was no frosting at all. I thought I wasn't pressing hard enough so I tried it again pressing harder. Still no frosting! This can't be normal with 100%, right? The reason why I ordered it from mytcapeel.com was because so many people recommended it. Has anyone ever not had any frosting? Did I do something wrong?

hi fireball and other members,

I have crossed myself mny times, and each time i cross it was froested and then turn red/purple, and the next day or 2, normally it'll become a scab, last for approximately 1 week, after the swelling goes ogg, everything will be bk to normal, not become worse or anything. I did not apply any alcohol before I roos mys car, i just clean my face very thoroughly, pat it dry, wait for 10 mins, and then dipped into the TCA solution and put it carefully to the centre of my icepick, it sting for a while, and i did not put anything or so after that. In the week when the scarbs foamed, I only use very gentle washing gel, toner and moturiser as not to harsh the skin, that's it. And I just wonder why it didnt do much to my scars, maybe 50% TCS is not strong enough? Or I should put on any cream to take care of the scar after the cross?

Strawberry, maybe you really should just keep your face clean after cross and that's it? People seem to be doing all kinds of things. Some put all kinds of stuff, others nothing (that Korean experiment said to put nothingafter). Alternately, you might try the 100% but noone can tell you to do that. It might be good for you or not. It should be your decision.

Femina, a question:

What exactly do you do after crossing and in the two weeks after? How many times a day do you wash your face? with what? What do you put on the crossed pits? What do you put on after the scabs fall?

Thx for ur reply hopespring,

I'll give 50% a last shot tomorrow, and this time I'll be more agressive, and see how it goes. If it really did not help much, i guess i'll go for 100% good me luck, i'll give u guys updated. take care ya~

Femina, a question:

What exactly do you do after crossing and in the two weeks after? How many times a day do you wash your face? with what? What do you put on the crossed pits? What do you put on after the scabs fall?

Directly after crossing, I apply hyaluronic acid serum, then neosporin (heavy neosporin, so it doesn't absorb fully). I continue to wash my face twice a day, with whatever gentle cleanser I happen to own at the moment, and apply the same HA serum and neosporin after each time until scabs have formed, which usually takes two day at the most. After that, I go back to my normal daily routine, which is simply to wash twice daily with the same cleanser, and then use a moisturizer (ReVive Sensitif in the morning, ReVive Moisturizing Renewal Cream at night). Now be advised, the ReVive products are extremely expensive. If you simply want an EGF cream, there are cheaper ones out there. I just use these because they're the absolute best moisturizers I've ever found and they leave my skin feeling like I'm five years old.

I think you guys are right, 100% is the way to go. I've been using 50% for scarred pores mostly, and it hardly frosts at all, if at all. I'm just scared of permanent damage with 100% perhaps I'll do 80%. Good luck everyone (steady hands!) :cool:

If it hardly frosts at all, then you have bad tca or you aren't doing it correctly. I have used 50% on ALL of my crosses and have always frosted over, without exception. Sometimes I have to go into the scar more than once and twist the toothpick to make sure I did it properly.

I did two crosses on the same area probably too soon but since I didn't notice any real scabbing, I thought perhaps It didn't work. I did get a good frost though I may add. I felt like before the area started to really heal, that the scars became more noticeable since they were pinker in the middle and possibly the edges were still swolen. This week, I think exactly 5 weeks after the second frost, the scars seem to be healing more or just slightly raised. Yipee. I thought my improvements were possibly 10% or less, now I think it may be more since it seems to have healed some since the last few weeks. I was just going to give a suggestion to someone performing this, to wait a bit between crosses, especially if you are a bit older. I think older skin may heal slower and this may be a factor in less obvious results on the short term. I plan on doing it again in a few weeks. I am not looking forward to the pink swolen scars though. :ninja: