Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
light-moderate

MY CSR + EXFOLIATION LOG

THIS LOG IS STARTING FROM WEEK 5.

After using dans BP cream for the last 4 weeks, I have come to the conclusion I can no longer afford this expensive habit ( I live in the UK)

I have also recently changed my moisturiser, since the neutrogena one I had before BURNED, it was like putting a vat of acid on my face for a week.

Therefore my new regimen as it stands is in my sig,

PEARS ULTRA DYRING CLEASING BAR

+

DOVE GENTLE EXFOILATING BAR

+

PAN OXYL 5% ULTRA ALCOHOLIC, ULTRA DRYING GEL

+

BOOTS 'ACT' MOISTURISER.

(I added the ultra and drying labels because that is my opinion of them)

WEEK 5

I have recently just calmed down from a HORRIBLE breakout, it was unbelievable, I took time off UNI, just for it to calm down. I am convinced that my acne was aggravated from all the junk I was eating and sexual habits....

**DISCLAIMER**

THIS IS JUST MY OPINION, I HAVE NO IDEA ON THE SCIENTIFIC EXPLAINATIONS REGARDING SEX/FOOD LINKS TO ACNE, BUT THE ABSENCE OF EVIDENCE, IS NOT THE EVIDENCE OF ABSENCE ;)

Maybe it could have had something to do with unclean pillows? or dans cream not working for me? Who knows?

Anyway, as I said, it has calmed down and I can summarise my face with the following:

RIGHT CHEEKS : 4 SPOTS (ALL FADING)

LEFT CHEEKS : 1 SPOT (NEW)

RIGHT TEMPLE: 1 SPOT (NEW)

LEFT TEMPLE: 1 SPOT (NEW)

FOREHEAD: CLEAR :clap:

(I dont mention chin, nose etc because its usually all clear :clap:

PROBLEMS THIS WEEK

DRYNESS: My face is SO DRY it is hard to move my face to eat (yes, I'm not joking) luckly I do not suffer from redness, but my face is SO DRY, I hope this new moisturiser kicks in FAST!!!!!!!

RESIDUE/WHITE STUFF: My face has WHITE STUFF ALL OVER IT!!! I find it impossible to get off, have maroon skin, it shows up! my friend asked me if I had spilt toothpaste all over my face :evil: I am trying to find ways to get rid of the residue , I have tried using a wet tissue but this just transfers bacteria onto my face I bet!! Any suggestions people?

Thats it for this week.

WEEK 7

All I can say is, "what happened"? I'm Feeling really low at the moment, almost at rock bottom, my face can be summarised below:

RIGHT CHEEKS : 5 SPOTS (NEW) :(

LEFT CHEEKS : 3 SPOTS (NEW) :(

RIGHT TEMPLE: CLEAR

LEFT TEMPLE: CLEAR

FOREHEAD: 3 SPOTS (NEW) :(

PROBLEMS THIS WEEK

Depression. Well at least the dryness has gone since I switched back to pan oxyl CREAM instead of GEL, and some one or two spots have gone off the temples, but thats the only good thing, the new acne has seriously demoralised me.

Thats all there is to say. Horrible week.

WEEK 9

WOW! Awesome 2 weeks, which can basically be summarised like this:

RIGHT CHEEKS : 2 SPOTS(FADING)

LEFT CHEEKS : 1 SPOT (FADING)

RIGHT TEMPLE: CLEAR

LEFT TEMPLE: CLEAR

FOREHEAD: CLEAR

I decided to quit the exfoilation and moisturisation and it has drastically recuded my breakouts, my skin is at clearness levels never seen before, I might even get a job!

Also, I changed the BENZOLYN type from pan oxyl cream 5% to Pan Oyxl Aqua Gel 5%, this seems to absorb fast and more effectively, without the unbelievable dryness of the alcoholic based gel I used on week 5.

PROBLEMS THIS WEEK

Dryness, Since i have stoped using moisturisers, the only problem I face now is dryness, but I would rather that then acne!