Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CamoFace

What type of acne is this on my chest?

IPB Image

I've always had them since I was 18. I'm 20 now. They're just there, kind of annoying. They never seem to fade away. They're tenderless, and I can't squeeze anything out of them. I've never done anything about them, I just wash my body using sponge and regular body wash. My cheek has little bumps like these as well, but they're less visible. Will accutane cure it?

I've had something similar to that since I was about 19 (I'm 27 now). It's so incredibly frustrating. I'm not sure about you, but I break out about twice a year like that (usually when the weather changes) and I stay broken out for about 2 months at a time. I would love to do the whole BPeroxide thing, but I don't want to stain my clothes, since this is on my chest. Anyone have any suggestions for this person because I sure would like to hear them too?

To me, they seem like white heads and occasionally I do squeeze them and white stuff comes out. It seems like when I get rid of the ones I have though, new ones develop. Believe me, I'm up there with you in the annoyance factor. :boohoo:

They look a lot like ingrown hairs to me. Hard to tell from the picture, but do you have a lot of them and are they only on your back and cheaks?

I get those on my chest, arms, back and legs. I tend to pop/scrape mine though so they get infected or turn into scabs. I hate them.

It's weird, just the bumps themselves don't seem like an infection or bacterial but when I was on minocycline I basically stopped breaking out in them. But then the mino gave me hives and stuff so... they're back again :( I forgot how much they SUCK.

:razz: Alright, so I had a dermatologist appointment set up so that I could get a prescription for Differen gel again (like I used last time my chest broke out like this). I decided to try something, however, in the mean time. And viola, it seems to be working. Side note, if your skin is really sensitive you might not want to do all of this right away, just do the benzoyl peroxide part and maybe just one application of the salicylic acid.

Ok, here's what I did, and note that I take a shower before bedtime:

1. I always wash the area with a 10% benzoyl peroxide body bar or scrub (lather is up for about 20-30 seconds then rinse off)

2. When you get out of the shower, pat the area dry, never rub against it

3. At night I applied Clean and Clear-Maximum Strength Persa-gel 10-10% Benzoyl Peroxide to my chest and rubbed it in really well (a little less than a dime size amount) Of course, make sure to wear a white t-shirt, because that stuff will definitely stain your clothes.

4. When you wake up in the morning, take another quick shower or wipe the area that you put the benzoyl peroxide on so that your clothes won't be stained that you wear that day.

5. Then, put on a layer of Clean and Clear Advantage Acne Spot Treatment-Salicylic acid in the moring (a little less then a dime size, basically enough to cover the area) after you shower or clean off the BPeroxide. Rub in well.

6. If your skin is not dying from irritation (I don't know about you, but my chest skin is the toughest skin on my body, so it took this regimen with no problems) then you can apply the salicylic acid one more time in the afternoon

Repeat everyday until it goes away. And just to give you an idea of how long this took on me (and the photos you showed looked exactly like what I had) it's only been about 4 days and their almost all gone.

Now, I'm not sure why this is. I do recall asking my dermatologist a while ago about the bumps on the back of my arms. Apparently that is dry skin, and the pores are just really enlarged, and he recommended that I put Differen gel on there to shrink the pores. Maybe it's the same concept for the chest, this stuff is shrinking the pores from being so enlarged. Then again, I am way far from an expert, I just know what I have actually tried on myself and what has worked for me.

And, you know what took care of the bumps on my arms and upper thighs? Lots of lotion!!! As soon as you get out of the shower, put a generous amount of lotion on there and just rub in really well. Hello, I used the cheap lotion (St. Ives or Jergens) and it really worked to clear that problem up. Now, this is going to take a while to actually show results, but it eventually should. I don't have any bumps on the back of my arms anymore.

If you are like me (a college student with no insurance, or just looking for a waaaay cheaper way out, instead of paying $120 for a tube of acne cream) I would recommend trying this first. I spent about $15.00 on all of it total (the benzoyl cleaning bar, and the two tubes of Clean and Clear treatment) and have a ton left.

Hope this helps, it really is helping mine.