Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
vdubbin

Can a moisturizer be to drying????

im using Neut. sensitive moisturizer. Its water based, none comed. no frag. no oil. hypoallergenic. All the good stuff. But i swear this stuff is drying my face out more. hasnt evened out my skin tone what so ever. Is there anything else i could use????

Yeah, sometimes moisturizers can dry you out... or maybe you're not using enough of it. If your skin is really dry, you could give Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream a shot. It's noncomedogenic and stuff, so it won't break you out.

God knows there are a lot of moisturizers out there. What are your requirements?

i want to even out my skin tone, but i also have an oliy Tzone. I want something that wont make me break out. Ima give Cetaphil face wash a try because even my gentle face wash is to drying for some reason, i know its the winter but i dont ever remember it being this dry and tight. I only get the dry and tight feeling on my nose and forehead. Under the eyes a lil to

It's probably not the moisturizer that is dehydrating your skin ... more likely it's the winter weather, or your cleanser, or your treatment, or some combination of those. Are you using benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid products by any chance?

Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer is supposed to be a good one ... I don't use it myself, but I've seen it highly recommended on the boards.

A good way to help your skin stay hydrated is to drink the regulation 8 glasses of water and take essential fatty acid (EFA) supplements to reinforce your skin's lipid barrier; this helps to keep water in. Really good idea in winter especially.

Q

It's probably not the moisturizer that is dehydrating your skin ... more likely it's the winter weather, or your cleanser, or your treatment, or some combination of those. Are you using benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid products by any chance?

Neutrogena Healthy Skin moisturizer is supposed to be a good one ... I don't use it myself, but I've seen it highly recommended on the boards.

A good way to help your skin stay hydrated is to drink the regulation 8 glasses of water and take essential fatty acid (EFA) supplements to reinforce your skin's lipid barrier; this helps to keep water in. Really good idea in winter especially.

Q

i knows its probably the winter that is playin a role in it. Im using oil of olay gentle cleanser with aloe, ive used this before never remember my face feeling like this. I even cut down to washing with it once a day, at night. Then in the morning just rincing my face, im a little worried about just rincing, im afraid ill start to break out. I put 2.5% bp cream on forming zits. Then a real tiny/ light layer of BP on the cheeks. But i just kinda started doin that, it has nothing to do with the drying. My forehead and nose always feels tight, i know its dry and probably causeing extra sebum to be produced in my tzone because of it. I use no washes with BP or S. acid in it. They'll burn my face off, lol.

I just picked up Cetaphil and used it tonight. Ima use it in the morning shower to. I just dont know how this is goin to workout with my oily tzone. For some reason i think its gona make me look to oily, but we'll see i guess. Best thing to do is to experiment sometimes