Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Azalin

dry skin not going away

Im looking for some more advice on this. Soon as Im done having a shower, or even when Im in the shower and touch my face, I can feel the skin. Soon as I am out...I look in the mirror, I can see the wet dry skin on my face. Don't recommend trying different moisturizers please because I have used all of them under the sun. The only thing I do not sure are facial cleansers, because Im allergic to all brands of soap it seems, they give me a rash and I break out, bad.

My next idea was to use a facial scrub or exfoilater, but I have heard they are not good for the acne. Looking for some advice on what I should do.

Thanks for the reply Dan, very much appreciate you taking your time to do that. Like Benji said is this available in canada over the counter in some stores ?.

There are many small things you can do while on the regimen which can help keep your skin less dry.

Use less BP

Use warm water instead of hot when washing/showering

Wash/shower quickly so you don't pull all of the oil out of your skin(you cant wash away acne)

Try moisturizing at night also instead of just in the morning

You will still get some dry skin probably, this is just something you have to deal with. Lightly exfoliate with a wash cloth and it wont be such a problem.

There are many small things you can do while on the regimen which can help keep your skin less dry.

Use less BP

Use warm water instead of hot when washing/showering

Wash/shower quickly so you don't pull all of the oil out of your skin(you cant wash away acne)

Try moisturizing at night also instead of just in the morning

You will still get some dry skin probably, this is just something you have to deal with. Lightly exfoliate with a wash cloth and it wont be such a problem.

when you say exfoliate with a washcloth, do you intend to rub your face with it till it all comes off ?

I very highly recommend you not exfoliate with anything other than AHA. I tried the exfoliation craze just 'cuz I wanted to see what would happen and I broke out. Irritation aggravates acne. Just say no. http://www.acne.org/biggestmistakes.html - In other words, stick to the regimen 'til you're completely clear. Then you can add in 1 thing at a time such as trying exfoliation if you want.

Oh, and as far as Canada goes, I dunno if they sell it up there. I wanna say go ahead and get any 10% AHA, but I've used other AHA's here in the States and they're not as good as that one. But it's worth a shot.