Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
abbylee

exoderm experiences?

Hi everyone!

Anybody had exoderm with good results? What type of skin tone do you have, who did your exoderm?

For those who didn't see enough scar improvement with exoderm, did you at least see an improvement with red marks?

And, what happens to pre-existing acne, are they gone or still there after the mask comes off?

Thanks much!

Hi everyone!

Anybody had exoderm with good results? What type of skin tone do you have, who did your exoderm?

For those who didn't see enough scar improvement with exoderm, did you at least see an improvement with red marks?

And, what happens to pre-existing acne, are they gone or still there after the mask comes off?

Thanks much!

Hi abbylee, you must know first that there are two types of Exoderm, the phenol peel and the chemoabrasion (which is a phenol peel AND a slight dermabrasion 24 hours after the peel). I think you can't have a deep peel like this is you still have acne.

I had only the peel. My skin type is Fitzpatrick II-III. I am almost 7 months post Exoderm and i still have redness and hyperpigmentation. All red marks were gone with the Exoderm, and scars borders were softened so some look like they have improved. Deep scars are still the same. I have had huge breakouts that have left me with new scars and red marks, so i am not satisfied at all with this treatment.

Hi, I'm not interested in the dermabrasion part (you probably had rullan, right??), just the peel portion.

One lady told me that she had acne with scars and the exoderm(not rullan) totally cleared her up. I spoke with a receptionist at one of the doctor's offices and she said one of the patients did the procedure to clear her acne in one shot, which i think is extreme but at least it was effective.

I was curious about the acne part because what if on the day of the surgery i got a new pimple, what would happen to it then? i was told it would be gotten rid by the acid.

I had only the peel. My skin type is Fitzpatrick II-III. I am almost 7 months post Exoderm and i still have redness and hyperpigmentation. All red marks were gone with the Exoderm, and scars borders were softened ..

So does this mean the red marks prior to the peel was gone after the peel? Then you developed new pimples that contributed to new marks?

Please clarify, thank you so much for your help!

Exactly.

But i didn't have the dermabrasion and Dr Rullan didn't treat me either. I think chemoabrasion works better because it goes deeper and stimulates more collagen growth.

Be aware of the looooong downtime of this procedure, and that if you have acne now it could get worse after the Exoderm because the new skin is very very fragile.

Yup I'm 6 months post exoderm and my face is still really red and I think I might have some hyperpigmentation. My skin is much smoother and my scars are shallower but I don't know if the trade off of having a red face was worth it. Hi Pechuga! How are you doing?

Hi abbylee, you must know first that there are two types of Exoderm, the phenol peel and the chemoabrasion (which is a phenol peel AND a slight dermabrasion 24 hours after the peel).

I don't think there are two types of Exoderm. There is only one Exoderm. That you doctor adds some other procedure to this combo peel is a different story. Chemoabrassion, Microdermabrassion, Non Ablative Lasers, Exisions, Punch floats just to name a few, are some of the accompanying procedures. They are performed right before or after Exoderm. So this is a matter of your doctor's preference and experience.