Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EdenObscured

Is there SA 2% at a walgreens?

I use 1.5% Salynic acid(SP)...I hear its better to use 2%. anyone know where i can buy it at a well known store? i use the web to buy as a last resort. I have a walgreens down the street :( Why not go there?

By the way, I find that after I use Neutrogena's Oil Free Acne wash, it leaves my face feeling *really* smooth and soft. I'm worried that it's leaving a conditioner in my skin and that might cause acne. Either that it's really softening my skin.

Yes, you can buy SA as a product to apply and leave on your face. There are plenty of astringents and toners that have SA in them. Check that Walgreens site. Neutrogena has one. Stridex should be another. My problem with all of them has been that it's tough to find a SA liquid that doesn't also have a bunch of other stuff thrown in. Like SA with witch hazel or aloe vera or camphor oil or whatever. Not that I know for sure those things are bad, I just don't like taking the risk.

Steve

I got "Pure Zone Continuous Action" by Loreal at Walgreens. You rub it on and leave it on 1 to 3 times a day depending on you. It contains 2% salicylic acid. While at Walgreens, I also saw other ointments with 2% salicylic acid, including some products by Stridex and Oxy. Browse, and, if you don't find anything, ask the pharmacist and he or she will direct you to where you can find it.