Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
QualityAssurance

Lemon Juice Question

Hey ive been drinking lemon juice every morning and night hoping it will help with my mild acne and if not just my health in general but how exactly should i be doing it? at the start id just cut up a lemon 8 ways and dump it in my water bottle and it wasnt that strong so im juicing them now and its REALLY strong. all of this with COLD water. should it be cold/warm or does it not even matter? It does give me energy if nothing else.. i actually didnt want to fall asleep at work today (i stare at a computer screen it really hard not to after 3-4 hrs)

actually lemon water should make your tired. the reason why it is believed to lessen acne is because it lowers the blood sugar level. sugar in the blood gives you energy, so in theory you should not feel like it gives you energy.

however not everyone feels the effect of increased fatigue - for example, i don't. i make sure that i eat enough so that it doesn't become a problem.

it's good that it tastes strong to you - i think the stronger the better. i juice one large lemon (usually amounts to 1/4 cup of pure juice) into a 10oz glass of room tempature water. i don't think the tempature really matters though. i just hate drinking ice cold water. i try to do this a couple of times a day. once in the morning and once after dinner, before bed. i've found it helps my skin alot.

actually lemon water should make your tired. the reason why it is believed to lessen acne is because it lowers the blood sugar level. sugar in the blood gives you energy, so in theory you should not feel like it gives you energy.

Lemon Juice would give you energy because it contains Vitamin C which boots energy. Lemons also contain fructose, the sugar found in fruit. This is actually a good way to boost energy as you are doing it in a gentle, gradual and natural way rather than in a sudden burst, like eating a bag of sweets for example.

The reason why Lemons are believed to help with skin problems is that although it is an acid it is a "good" acid that helps to regulate the acidity levels in your stomach and help to create a healthy environment for the good bacteria which are thought to help reduce cravings for sugary foods.

Lemon juice first thing in the morning is also a classic liver stimulator and detoxifier.

You can drink it with cold or warm water, just make sure the water isn't too hot as it will kill off the vitamin C and also other nutrients.

I have been drinking water with lemon, morning and night, since last thursday, and it has given me a big boost of energy throughout the day. Originally, I would feel sleepy and yawn all day long, but I've hardly felt like that since drinking it. I've also noticed that my marks are slowly but surely fading as well as acne, of course I think that's also partly due to my regimen and diet. I also just squeeze one whole lemon in and a cup and pour cold water in it, because I really don't like to drink warm water.

Keep on taking lemon juice water, it's great for you. I'm drinking some right now actually.

The best times to take it is apparently early in the morning and late at night, even though i usually take it during the day.