Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate_king1

Best Option for me...

I'm 19 almost 20 I'm going to college right now. I want to get rid of my acne for ever! But I just can't seem to do it. I tried Minocycline and that shit didn't work. Is there a new option, as I'm seeing my doctor this week to talk about Accutane, since I don't have that bad of acne(compared to others) I don't know if i'm eligable?

I just want to have a life. I feel like I'm missing the best part of my life, I should be having sex, talking to girls, going out, instead I just stay in my room all day.

Accutane is used for severe acne and persistent acne that doesn't respond to other treatment. So I guess you fall into the latter catagory, so you should be fine.

I didint think I was eligible for accutane then my derm asked me if I wanted to try it I was hesistant but I got blood done and I may stsrt it next week...I have mild acne

From my experience all dermatologists love to prescribe accutane to their patients with acne if other acne medications don't work. Its like they know 75% of the topicals and the antibiotics is not going to work and they know that accutane WILL work. Thats why most derms introduce the drug early in your acne medication stages. They can't give it to you on the first try. It has to be several trials of medications.

Is there a new option, as I'm seeing my doctor this week to talk about Accutane, since I don't have that bad of acne(compared to others) I don't know if i'm eligable?

Personally, I would try Retin A + oral antibiotic + topical antibiotic before Accutane. But if you really want to try the 'tane, I'm sure you can find a derm who will prescribe it.