Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey everybody! This is my first post and I would just like to say that it is so great that we have a board like this where people can open up and seek advice from others. I usually never talk about my acne to anyone because I am so ashamed of it and this is my first time really ever talking to someone about it, let alone on a public message board. I have moderate acne with occational cysts. I am 16 and my self esteem has really suffered as a result. I never really found something that has really worked for me. I have tried proactive and a lot of other medications but nothing really seems to work. I have been on natures cure for one month and have just finished all the pills and with no significant changes in my skin, I am thinking of not buying the second month's dose. right now I wash my face in the morning with just water and than at night i use 10% BP from this Oxy 10 balacne bottle. I still have pimples on my cheeks, chin and little ones on my nose and I just don't know what to do! I know kids who are younger than me that know more about acne than me, and I feel that one way to help my acne is to learn more about it and stop being so ignorant and ashamed. I really tried to open up as best as i could and any help or suggestions would be so greatly appreciated! Thank-you so much, I just hope I can fight my way through this!

Puma,

I completely understand how frustrating it is to try every "miracle cure" out there with no results. (Including Proactiv.) Have you tried Dan's regimen? www.acne.org This is what finally worked for me, and for many other people on these boards. You just have to make sure you follow his directions precisely until you're completely clear, then you can start adding variables one thing at a time. It really really worked for me. I don't have any before/after pictures, (well, I have lots of after pictures because now I smile for the camera!) so you'll just have to trust me.

The other regimen that's getting a lot of hype is the Acne Cure. There are some similarities, but it uses Salicylic Acid in addition to Benzoyl Peroxide, which is what is used in Dan's regimen. It also has a different procedure. Several people on these boards swear by this, too. I personally don't trust it because I've always had bad luck with SA in the past. I stick to BP. I don't know all the specifics of it, but do a search for "acne cure" on the boards and you should find it.

Good luck! And you've come to the right place, because there are a lot of success stories on these boards, and lots of ideas!

8-[

Hey,

Im 19 and ive been batteling acne for the past 6 years, at the moment im using bp which has helped me alot in controlling really bad erruptions but still doesnt completely clear up all the spots. It also affected my confidence alot and i didnt wear make-up at all until more recently as i decided to battle it out with my acne and try and be more positive & confident.

I find eating about 2 pieces of fruit a day deffinatly keeps my spots under control and you can still eat chocolate. I also just wash with water as soap really irritates my skin. I also go to the gym and find after a good workout the adrenalin clears my skin up also after work i find this too.

When washing your face just dab your skin dry dont rub the towel over your face as it will spread any bacteria to clear parts of your skin.

At the moment im researching 2 acne lamps which seem very effective although they are expensive but could be very much worth it if it makes you happy and gives you your confidence bak.

www.dermaluk.co.uk

www.acnelamp.com

Good luck

Love Liz xXx :(

thank-you so much for your reply Angela. It means a lot. I am going to try the regiment but do you think that I can use the Oxy blance 10 bottle as my BP source? and does this mean I ditch the natures cure and not buy a new months supply? Thanks a lot for your help and I will post results! thanks again!

thanks a lot Liz! I will try all of those suggestions and thank you so much for the advice. It just gives me new life and hope to see people really try and help others and give their advice even though they may have their case under control! I swear if I ever get over my acne I will try my best to help others and give my suggestions. I know this sounds a little corny but I truely mean it. Thanks!

I would ditch the nature's cure for now, because if you're doing several things at once and you get clear, you don't know what it is that really helped, and you'll have to either keep using everything or just do the trial and error method. It's more frustrating to get clear and then have to mess with your products to see which ones you needed in the first place and consequently break out again. I would use just one acne product at a time until you find something that clears you up, and then add in things one at a time to tweak the regimen to your skin's needs.

That's what I did with the regimen. I use a different, more gentle cleanser because my face couldn't handle the Purpose bar. And I couldn't find the Eucerin renewal, so I got a Neutrogena counterpart that's also an AHA. It works great for me, but I started out with exactly what Dan recommended and used it until I was clear. Clear with flaky skin is better than acne! Then I started experimenting with things one at a time to make the flakiness go away.

As for the 10% bp, I vote no. I think Dan has a whole section somewhere on his site that says why you should use no higher than 2.5%. It's less harsh with just as much effectiveness. Translated - less flakiness and just as much result, possibly more. I wouldn't use 10% because of the amount of bp you'll eventually be using. Way too much for your face. I put a lot of bp on every day, (which is what you'll be working up to), and there's no way my face could handle that much. I think the key is lots and lots of low percentage bp. It works better than less of a higher percentage.

And you're welcome for the help! I know not everything works for everyone, but it helps when people give it a shot. I wouldn't be clear right now if it weren't for Dan!

Good luck!

:(

No probs, i think we just all have to help each other, the things that help me may not help you but the more you research the more you will find out and hopefully will get rid of your spots.

The main thing that embarasses me is the amount of oil my skin produces and i stil havent found any way to get rid of it, but i generally think its hormonal and its the type of skin im stuck with.

The main thing is not to pick them, even tho they r very tempting :-s

Liz

xXx

Thanks a lot for all of your help! I can't say this enough! I will try the regiment and I'm going right now to buy some BP. I'm gonna try and see if the regiment really works but even if it doesn't I will try and keep a positive outlook on my acne and pray that something does eventually work. To be honest I am a little skeptical at the moment of the regiment but I will give it a shot and hope for the best! It seems that it has worked for a lot of people but I just don't want to be that one person that it doesn't work on. I don't know why but I always get this feeling like things work for everyone except for me. I know that sounds selfish but I can't help it. I'm just hopin something works and i'm prayin it's the regiment! thanks again!