Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jonrichards

what kind of moisturizes does everyone us

I currently use the Eucerin Renewal AHA lotion and although it does leave my face a bit oily, it does work great in preventing flakiness. Compared to the Neutrogena moisturizer it works great to prevent the flakiness caused by the BP.

i used cetaphil... works great. too bad it irritates your face though =(. well, that's what i had before... since, i was new to the BP, but then after my skin got used to it, the irritation toned down

I use coppertone oil free faces sunscreen as my moisturizer. I swear by it. I was never able to find a moisturizer that didn't make me break out. I think the sunscreen is better because it's designed to sit on top of your skin rather than seep into the pores. Plus, it acts as a barrier between daily dirt and my skin. Plus it gives some good vitamines to my skin. Plus it's a sunscreen!

I'm using Neutrogena Moisture Day Lotion SPF 15, but when I apply it my skin stings - it's currently very red, dry and flaky. Really don't know what to do. Which moisturisors don't sting on skin that's red and flaky?

I'm using Neutrogena Moisture Day Lotion SPF 15, but when I apply it my skin stings - it's currently very red, dry and flaky.   Really don't know what to do.   Which moisturisors don't sting on skin that's red and flaky?

cetaphil

thanks will try to get some cetaphil

as you can see from sig i'm trying simple stuff at the moment to try to combat the dryness - more gentle than my neutrogena stuff

sorry I won't be of any help. Cetaphil (non-spf version) is hands down the best moisturizer I've ever used by far (and I've used a lot). There's a lot of Neutrogena ones I haven't tried though.

I tried the Cetaphil SPF 15 during the regimen ( which worked wonders and now I use BP hardly at all) - that moisturizer started to sting and I see I'm not the only one. Just bought Neutrogena moisturiser for sensitive skin, really nice , it isn't oily or irritating BUT it doesn't stop any flaking. Just went back to my old stuff by Moisturelle, haven't used it in years as I've been on RX lotions. Also have the Cetaphil plain lotion as back up...will probably just go back and forth. :-k

I use the Eucerin Renewal with Alpha Hydroxy Acid. It moisturizes REALLY well but after a while it'll make your face extremely oily. Also, when you first put it on after you apply BP these little "pools" of BP/lotion mixture will start to appear and you have to rub it off. Quite annoying.

I have tried most of the moisturizers listed above, and I find that Aveeno Daily and Dry Skin Moisturizer is the best.

200.jpg

I have tried most of the moisturizers listed above, and I find that Aveeno Daily and Dry Skin Moisturizer is the best.

So Joe- is it good for sensitive acne prone skin ? I've seen the product line on the shelf ~ I've never looked at it tho.... :-s

Using Neutrogena Ultra Sheer sunscreen during the day and Neutrogena Combination Moisture at night. Neither has broken me out so far.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

That's what I use - and I've had great results! I've always had weird skin that was oily yet flaky all over at the same time. The only thing that ever helped before this was vaseline, but it was so messy. And, looking ahead to when I get married, I was thinking how displeased my husband would probably be if I came to bed every night with a slimy face!

Since I've been using this, my face is not flaky at all - for the first time in years. Not much oiliness, at least no more than I've always had before using it, so I can deduce that it's not caused by my moisturizer. Good luck!

Angela

I use QV Lotion for my face and QV cream for dry body parts, teh cream is very oily and good for your body or face if youre on accutane (though its very shiny). The lotion is more watery and spreads better, its good for your face and body, and doesnt leave any shine. Not sure if they only sell it here though, but derms usually tell exzema and accutane patients to use this brand in australia.

I use :

- Jason aloe vera gel

- Avene Recovery Cream (it is light and when my skin needs to recover from irritation I use this and it works great)

- Derma E

- Jason NaPca cream it’s good to.

I combine two moisturizers.

I love the Eucerin Renewal AHA Lotion. It has lactic acid which is much more gentle than glycolic (Neutrogena Healthy Skin burned and stung me!) It is slightly oily but it has made my skin tone nice.

I combine it with Nu Skin Moisture Restore Combination/Oily Skin lotion. This is the BEST I have ever had, but it has no AHA. It is very thin, and moisturizes better than Eucerin.

- Moisture Restoreâ„¢ Day Protective Lotion (Combination to Oily)

A high-performance lotion that hydrates, protects, and promotes vibrant, healthy-looking skin all day, every day. Moisture Restoreâ„¢ Day Protective Lotion contains unique colorless carotenoids from the waters of Israel that enhance the skin's natural resistance to the environment. (Carotenoids are powerful antioxidants found in tomatoes and carrots. Until now, their intense color made them impractical for use in skin care products.) Added UVA/UVB protection helps fight against premature aging caused by the sun.

It is VERY expensive (29.90) but I like it a lot. I combine with Eucerin since it doesn't have lactic acid.

If anyone has time, can you check if the NuSkin is a pore clogger? It says it is noncomedogenic but you never know...

Ingredients

Water, Octyldodecyl Neopentanoate, Glycerin, Cyclomethicone, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Algae Extract*, Tocopheryl Acetate, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Tilia Cordata Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Centaurea Cyanus Flower Extract, Hypericum Perforatum Extract, Allantoin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Laureth-7, Disodium EDTA, Myristyl Myristate, C13-14 Isoparrifin, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Benzoic Acid, Fragrance.

Yes, it is great for acne prone skin as well. THis is like the only product that doesnt irritate my sensitive skin.

Joe

Now I'm more confused than ever. I logged on to try to find a better moisturizer but everyone seems to have a different recomendation. I'm currently using Neutrogena Moisture. It's okay, but I'm still flaky underneath unwanted shine. I was going to switch to the Eucerin Renewal but I certainly don't want to get shinier. Has anyone tryed the new Eucerin moisterizer w/ lactic acid? Its recommended for acne prone skin. What about the Aveeno facial moisterizers?????

Also, Dan, I wanted to thank you for clearing up my skin! I owe you the world! FYI: I've had great success with Dove (Unscented) as a cleansing bar. I think its milder (and cheaper) than Purpose.

http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp...BUY-PLST-0-SRCH

That's what I use - and I've had great results!  I've always had weird skin that was oily yet flaky all over at the same time.  The only thing that ever helped before this was vaseline, but it was so messy.  And, looking ahead to when I get married, I was thinking how displeased my husband would probably be if I came to bed every night with a slimy face!  

Since I've been using this, my face is not flaky at all - for the first time in years.  Not much oiliness, at least no more than I've always had before using it, so I can deduce that it's not caused by my moisturizer.  Good luck!

Angela

Angela, I'm a bit confused. Are you using the Nuetrogena Ultra Sheer or the Combination Moisture? I'm also oily and dry at the same time. I'd like to try whatever is working so great for you. Thanks!

Hey plainjane -

I'm using exactly what that link has a picture and description of. It's simply Neutrogena Healthy Skin face lotion SPF 15. The description on that link is exactly what it says on the back of the box and everything. I found it at Target. They don't have it at my grocery store. I know Neutrogena has a lot of different facial moisturizers - it can be confusing! Hope that helped. :)

Angela