Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mac

What Kinds of Things Does Acne Stop Of You Of Doing?

I'm just too ashamed to show my face at the school chess club anymore...it hurts so bad!

Nothing. But it stands to be mentioned:

1) I'm not in high school.

2) If I don't go to work, they don't pay me. If I don't get paid, I don't eat.

3) I have mild acne to begin with.

Acne stopped me from doing one thing... getting to the bus on time.

Those 5 min in the bathroom make the difference lol

Lets think -

Skipped School

Skipped College

Going out Socially

I don't want a Job

No GF/BF couldn't deal with it

No motivation

Lets think -

Skipped School

Skipped College

Going out Socially

I don't want a Job

No motivation

agree :snooty:

i always wanted to be in a chess club but my school didn't have one :( they had a mountain bike club instead :| .

------

a few months ago, i felt really bad about the state of my skin so i didn't go out much and i tried to avoid family and friends. basically, i didn't have much fun.

Acne stopped me from doing one thing... getting to the bus on time.

Those 5 min in the bathroom make the difference lol

true that!

i hate it when mom says: mari, hurry up!

im like: mom, im applyin my make-up! its not my fault! if i didnt have acne, i wouldnt need to use it! :evil:

i dont like goin to my friends house, if i do, i sleep with make-up on :ninja:

my friends are plannin on goin to poor places to help country ppl, but i really dont want to go, i mean, i wont get showers, cant take my cell with me, make up, id look like crap!!! :ninja:

also, havin a bf would be weird

i hate pictures! im very picky with em

acne stopped me from masturbating in the hopes it would give me a clear face...well i proved that a myth.

Yea I porved that myth worong as well...also Diet is a myth as well

Acne stops me from doing anything where I won't have reliable access to a mirror/sink. Not that I've ever liked camping or anything outdoorsy like that, but there's absolutely no way I'd even consider it given my BP applying/facewashing needs.

for me its to go out anywhere, especially shopping. I only shop at preppy stores like A&F and Hollister and everytime i go there i only see hot people so acne stops me from going there cause i feel extremely uncomfortable there among all those pretty looking guys and girls. Thats about it, sometimes i wonder if its my laziness that stops me from doing anything and not my acne

i avoid anywhere that has bad lighting, like flourescent or overhead spotlight type lighting b/c i know it made my complexion look bad. so there are certain restaurants i won't eat at, bars i don't like to go to, the gym at night. i can't wait till my skin looks good enough so this no longer matters.

Lets think -

Skipped School

Skipped College

Going out Socially

I don't want a Job

No motivation

Have to agree

* Almost failed my A levels due to lack of attendance

* Almost failed my degree as i missed exams

* Not lucky enough to get a bf or a gf (not really explored my sexuality either)

* Quit my part time job due to depression (although im back now)

* Not looking for a job based on my degree

* Avoid any social situation, pretty much alienating me from friends

What does acne stop me from doing? Nothing. I have mild acne to begin with, but I think it's important that you control your acne (meaning don't let your acne prevent you from doing things), not vice versa (letting your acne control you)...

yea we know that,...thats our problem? its hard

i avoid anywhere that has bad lighting, like flourescent or overhead spotlight type lighting b/c i know it made my complexion look bad. so there are certain restaurants i won't eat at, bars i don't like to go to, the gym at night. i can't wait till my skin looks good enough so this no longer matters.

EXACTLY the same as I feel. Flourescant lighting=scary. I can still manage, but there is a considerable aversion. Other than that...I don't know. I know this doesnt make any sense, but sometimes it seems like I'm afraid of lighting more when I'm alone (!). Like when I walk out the door in the morning. Nobody is around, but I know that that sunlight is making me far worse than what I saw in the mirror moments prior, and it's like "damn, do I really have to go out?!", lol. When somebody is around, though, I'm so hellbent on keeping my confidence up that there is literally a mental block on it. If I let acne affect my demeanor around others my dignity would be shot, and I value that too much.

Stopped my quest for life.

Errr nevermind, it probably wasn't acne that has made me give up on life.

It was a girl. -whoops.