Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey All,

I'm finally getting fed up with what appear to be tiny (I have about 4) whiteheads on the side of my upper lip (technically ON my lip but just near the edges). I don't know how to get rid of these suckers--sometimes I steam my face and can "pop" them open--white plug. I don't want to pop them because it hurts and it will be mad red....Anyone have anything similiar? Can anyone rec. something? BP isn't doing much.

Thanks All!

Guest funky_monkey

i get these. I think it's the lipliner or lipgloss I wear sometimes.

Guest PokaHotAz
Hey All,

I'm finally getting fed up with what appear to be tiny (I have about 4) whiteheads on the side of my upper lip (technically ON my lip but just near the edges). I don't know how to get rid of these suckers--sometimes I steam my face and can "pop" them open--white plug. I don't want to pop them because it hurts and it will be mad red....Anyone have anything similiar? Can anyone rec. something? BP isn't doing much.

Thanks All!

just leave em alone...because if u try and get rid of them when theyre not ready, they will get bigger and become a full-out pimple... ...its up to u...

trust me , give it time... w/ time u'll soon notice thatwhen u touch ur lips u can actually feel the bumpiness of it... thats when u

get a lancet and take out the plug w/ it... u cause less damage w/ these... cuz w/ ur fingers...ur only gonna cause trouble

Thanks All for your comments--very helpful. Last night I exfloiated and use antibiotic cream over my face-seems to help. I did remove about two plugs last night that were getting WAY too big..this morning, they're healing nicely-not much redness (I took extra precautions so I didn't irritate my skin more and use proper equip.) and I did leave the little babies alone........I'm giving them time.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I know everyone says "don't touch your face" That's so much harder than it sounds. I wake up in the a.m., (I sleep on my side) with my hands on my face. An odd way to sleep............there's not much I can do about that. *sigh*

Thanks All for your comments--very helpful. Last night I exfloiated and use antibiotic cream over my face-seems to help. I did remove about two plugs last night that were getting WAY too big..this morning, they're healing nicely-not much redness (I took extra precautions so I didn't irritate my skin more and use proper equip.) and I did leave the little babies alone........I'm giving them time.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

I know everyone says "don't touch your face" That's so much harder than it sounds. I wake up in the a.m., (I sleep on my side) with my hands on my face. An odd way to sleep............there's not much I can do about that. *sigh*

i can relate totally relate to the way you sleep. I always sleep on my side with my hands on my face :doh: . everyone is always saying "dont sleep like that", but what can i say its prolly the most comfortable way. :D

I believe they aren't white heads or acne related but cold sores. They aren't serious or deadly. You can't really treat cold sores, and they usually last 7 to 10 days if you leave them alone. Sudden changes in weather and stress usually triggers their outbreaks. They usually appear no more than twice a year and may possibly never come back again. But it's very important NOT to kiss anyone about ten days before they come (if you're psychic and can predict the future) and ten days after you heal, because it's contagious. Before you suspect which one of your past sweethearts gave you the kissing bug, know that about 70% of Americans have the problem and the majority of people got it when they were just children from pecking parents or relatives.