Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pam32570

Pam's (adult acne, BLECH!!!) log... Back to Green Cream for now...

I'm officially flip-flopping my routine, and doing GC in the am because I like the way it makes my skin look and feel better than the exfol serum.

At night it'll be exfol serum (possibly GC first here and there while I work up to twice per day). Also, occasionally CP's, which I'm upping very slowly.

I tried the Hyaluronic acid serum for the first time ever, and WOW!!! Where has this stuff been all my life?

I'm sitting here thinking... damn all those cosmetic companies, with their marketing, and special image,and gazillion ingredients, sucking in the masses!!! Meanwhile, something so simple can work so well, and you have to go f*cking gold mining on the internet to find something that is so simple and works. Meanwhile, the masses stand in the aisles at Wal-mart, or Ulta, or Macy's, or wherever, faced with 100,000 products staring at them, and they are all full of crap!!

(geez, am I hormonal again already?? I better check my calendar... :redface: )

I'm sitting here thinking... damn all those cosmetic companies, with their marketing, and special image,and gazillion ingredients, sucking in the masses!!! Meanwhile, something so simple can work so well, and you have to go f*cking gold mining on the internet to find something that is so simple and works. Meanwhile, the masses stand in the aisles at Wal-mart, or Ulta, or Macy's, or wherever, faced with 100,000 products staring at them, and they are all full of crap!!

I agree! I went to Target yesterday trying to find a simple, cheap facewash to try in place of my Cetaphil, and everything I picked up had a gazillion ingredients, half of which I immediately recognized as being comedogenic! I'm thinking I'm going to have to order online for something ...but it's so aggravating! Why can't I even buy a simple facewash in the store?

I'm officially flip-flopping my routine, and doing GC in the am because I like the way it makes my skin look and feel better than the exfol serum.

At night it'll be exfol serum (possibly GC first here and there while I work up to twice per day). Also, occasionally CP's, which I'm upping very slowly.

I tried the Hyaluronic acid serum for the first time ever, and WOW!!! Where has this stuff been all my life?

(geez, am I hormonal again already?? I better check my calendar... :redface: )

Watch out people Queen and Pam are PMS'ing. :) It's so true Pam, the major distributers are more concerned with screwing up our skin, making us spend more $ on their products to fix it. It's a never ending cycle.

Glad to know you are liking the Hyaluronic acid so well. What results are you seeing from it?

I agree! I went to Target yesterday trying to find a simple, cheap facewash to try in place of my Cetaphil, and everything I picked up had a gazillion ingredients, half of which I immediately recognized as being comedogenic! I'm thinking I'm going to have to order online for something ...but it's so aggravating! Why can't I even buy a simple facewash in the store?

Caffeine if you have to order online I highly reccomend the Lindasy Mild Oatmeal Cleanser, it's reasonably priced to.

Things have gone downhill quickly today :(

I mentioned the hormonal thing...well, according to the calendar, this would be the exact time for ovulation. :think:

I'm getting menstrual type hormonal effects right now (irritability, increased breakouts). That has happened in the past, but it doesn't always.

I noticed a large bump coming out on my chin, similar to one of the big ones I had on the other side in my gallery. I have a couple on my mustache area, and lots of surface bumps all over my face. I'm clueless. There also appears to be stuff lurking under the surface. What is going on here??

I know I've said this before, but this was not normal a year ago. I only got 1-3 zits per month. Things only recently started getting worse (in the weeks before I found acne.org), and its got to be that late 30's and 40's hormonal thing. I feel so frustrated that my efforts aren't warding this off; on the bright side, maybe if I hadn't started this regimen things would be far worse by now?? *sigh*

Seems like every time I have some clear days, I think, maybe I'm over the worst of it. Then it starts all over again. It wouldn't be so bad if my face didn't scar so easily. It seems like every bad zit causes a permanent scar.

Hopefully by tomorrow things are looking better, not worse.

Oh, forgot to mention I got my mandelic today! I used it tonight on my problem areas, and exfol serum everywhere else. I'll be following up with emu after awhile.

Glad to know you are liking the Hyaluronic acid so well. What results are you seeing from it?

Hormones suck! They hit me twice a month: once mid-cycle (ovulation?) and then again right before my period.

Unfortunately, all the recommendations I see for treating hormonal acne scare me worse than a few zits. I feel like I have been through the mill already as far as hormone swings: the pill, Norplant, pregnancy & nursing times 2. And the M word is just around the corner, of course. God only knows what THAT will bring. Estrogen supplements, I suppose ...

What's a girl to do?

Hormones suck! They hit me twice a month: once mid-cycle (ovulation?) and then again right before my period.

Unfortunately, all the recommendations I see for treating hormonal acne scare me worse than a few zits. I feel like I have been through the mill already as far as hormone swings: the pill, Norplant, pregnancy & nursing times 2. And the M word is just around the corner, of course. God only knows what THAT will bring. Estrogen supplements, I suppose ...

What's a girl to do?

Hi Queen, wow, you're on here all different times of day :D

What are these "recommendations" for treating hormonal acne? I think my acne is 99% hormonal. Do you think its possible the GC will never fully control it?

From what I can recall from your log, it seems like your hormonal acne has improved, but obviously there's still something going on there.

I'm still optimistic, but I'll be bummed if this doesn't improve dramatically 2-3 months down the road.

What are these "recommendations" for treating hormonal acne? I think my acne is 99% hormonal. Do you think its possible the GC will never fully control it?

From what I can recall from your log, it seems like your hormonal acne has improved, but obviously there's still something going on there.

Oh, you know ... spironolactone, something-else-lactone, Diane-35, Yasmin, OrthoTriCyclen, various herbal remedies ....

It all feels to me like hormone roulette. Even if I were to find something that helps, eventually I would have to stop taking it and then my face would probably get worse than it is. And I am just afraid of messing with my hormones any more than I already have. My OB/GYN wanted me to get an IUD with hormones ... the kind that means you never get periods, or only a few a year ... but I had just read some articles that I can't remember in detail now (this was 3-4 years ago) but which made that sound like a bad idea.

Anyway, I feel like I have things more or less under control these days (sadly, it happens to be "less" at the moment). It would be nice to have effortless, perfect skin ... but I'm never going to. I just have to learn to be satisfied with what I have, and that may never happen either. :wall:

It's bad enough we break out during that time of the month but I keep seeing more and more woman say it happens mid-cycle too. WTF?!? I'm sorry your having a rough time of it. Have you thought about getting something stronger like Retin A? I can PM some info on it if your interested. I love the GC but I truly started seeing BIG results once I started the Retin A. Well I hope today is a better day for you. :comfort:

It's bad enough we break out during that time of the month but I keep seeing more and more woman say it happens mid-cycle too. WTF?!? I'm sorry your having a rough time of it. Have you thought about getting something stronger like Retin A? I can PM some info on it if your interested. I love the GC but I truly started seeing BIG results once I started the Retin A. Well I hope today is a better day for you. :comfort:

Thanks Bobbi :D

I have considered Retin-A, but I'm going to give this more time. I'm not even using level 6 twIce per day yet. I'm also tossing around the idea of using the Vivant retinoids. I don't know if they are more geared toward acne, but in their strongest product description, it mentions severe acne. GC is marketed for anti-aging, but I know it works for acne too. I'm starting to wonder if its better for comedonal acne? I don't think I have that. I don't know what mine is called.

I'm going to work up to GC 6 twice daily, and see how that goes. I may get a sample of the Vivant Exfol-A just out of curiosity!

I was pleasantly surprised when I woke up this morning. My large bump on my chin didn't get as full blown as expected, and everything else lurking under the skin seems to have calmed down... :think: interesting.

I'd love to think it was the GoW Mandelic I applied last night!! Maybe I'll apply it again tonight. I experienced absolutely no irritation or peeling from it. This morning I applied GC 6 as usual.

I personally really believe in just washing the face to clean it so the topicals I apply afterwards can do their best job. So that means I don't use washing products for acne. My idea is just using a good mild, non clogging low PH wash bar.

But that's my approach. (I just don't see washing you're acne off as a good method, the products that are supposed to do this use salycilyc acid, BP etc but they don't seem to work as well as their topical brothers while still giving a lot of irritation).

I personally really believe in just washing the face to clean it so the topicals I apply afterwards can do their best job. So that means I don't use washing products for acne. My idea is just using a good mild, non clogging low PH wash bar.

But that's my approach. (I just don't see washing you're acne off as a good method, the products that are supposed to do this use salycilyc acid, BP etc but they don't seem to work as well as their topical brothers while still giving a lot of irritation).

I agree 100% Its so important not to weaken the skin's protective barrier. Weakening it tends to cause even more breakouts, and I've discovered that first hand!

I've used the mandelic acid three nights in a row now. I'm really liking it! I may skip tonight, though, because I had some flaking this morning.

My biggest struggle right now is fighting the urge to go too fast with all my products!! I have a "schedule" all written out for the next few months to remind me when to increase the usage. Its my safeguard against increasing everything too fast!

I was going to do my first lactic acid peel this weekend, but decided I should get fully accustomed to the mandelic first. I've been reading as much as possible about acids at the Diana Yvonne site and skin care board, and its amazing how beneficial they are!

I need to make my routine in the morning as short as possible (1/2 hour maximum), so I think I'm going to switch my GC back to night time this week, along with exfol serum, and switch the mandelic to the morning.

No active zits right now, Yay!!!

I am trying to find a new cleanser. How do u like your Rose hip seed cleanser? Have u tried the Wheat Germ Cleanser from Diana Yvonne? Thanks

I am trying to find a new cleanser. How do u like your Rose hip seed cleanser? Have u tried the Wheat Germ Cleanser from Diana Yvonne? Thanks

Hi! I love the Rosehip seed cleanser. It has no detergents, and is very mild. My skin is super sensitive, and the Wheat Germ Cleanser was a bit drying for me. The Rosehip still tends to leave my skin tight, but that's typical for me. It's not drying, though. It doesn't leave a film, so the skin is more receptive to whatever topicals you may be using.

An update from earlier...

I ended up doing the 10% lactic acid peel after all. I wanted a quick morning routine because I had to be out the door. I left it on for about 2 min, then rinsed. I really don't think it did much for me at all. My skin seemed a tad bit dryer today. Hmmmm...I'll have to try it a few more times to decide if its useful.

That's all I used this morning (plus emu, HA and sunscreen, of course!), and tonight, just Exfol serum, and CP serum (which I'm easing back into slowly to avoid irritation). Skipped GC today.

Oh, and I have a another big zit forming on that same old spot on my chin!!! Grrrrrrrrrr..... And I just wrote "no active zits today!!" I swear, every time I write that, or write the word "clear", a new zit comes out!! I am not using those words again!!!

I'm with you every time I say no zits I feel like I'm jinxing myself.

You are loving the mandelic so much I can't wait to try it.

I'm with you every time I say no zits I feel like I'm jinxing myself.

You are loving the mandelic so much I can't wait to try it.

Hi Bobbi!! :wavey:

I swear, EVERY time I even hint at writing that my face is doing well, those suckers are forming as I speak!!

I'm going to try the mandelic over my whole face this morning for the first time, I'll let you know how it goes. I recently found some good info on mandelic, actually here on acne.org when I did a search. I'm going to go look for it...

ok, here's the link: Benefits of Mandelic Acid

Thanks for the link, Pam ... I haven't read the paper in detail yet, but it looks great! Glad to hear you are liking the mandelic, I can't wait to hear more about how it's working for you.

Thanks for your info on the rosehip cleanser, Pam, as I'm also looking to try something new. I will be adding that to my list of samples to try!

Your Welcome :D

I saw you asking abut the Cp's in Queen's log. I increased my usage with them too quickly, and it really dried my face out. Just monitor your usage carefully, and back off if you're too dry or irritated. Some people can handle them full strength right away, and others have to dilute them.

The Mandelic all over my face went well today. I put it in the palm of my hand before applying it, and later in the day, my palm was peeling, alot!! I certainly didn't get that effect on my face :shock: !! At least I know this "milder" GoW mandelic has some potency to it! I swear the pores on my nose are looking smaller, but it might be my imagination. My face is peeling a bit here and there, though, from the mandelic, but in a good way. I have also noticed my face has been so much smoother lately. I think I'm finally getting that effect from the GC and Exfol serum.

The Mandelic all over my face went well today. I put it in the palm of my hand before applying it, and later in the day, my palm was peeling, alot!! I certainly didn't get that effect on my face :shock: !! At least I know this "milder" GoW mandelic has some potency to it! I swear the pores on my nose are looking smaller, but it might be my imagination. My face is peeling a bit here and there, though, from the mandelic, but in a good way. I have also noticed my face has been so much smoother lately. I think I'm finally getting that effect from the GC and Exfol serum.

Hee hee ... I have a permanent peeling spot in the middle of my left palm, also from the mandelic. Yup, it's got some potency. And it will definitely help with smoothness, too.

Yay, Pam!

Hee hee ... I have a permanent peeling spot in the middle of my left palm, also from the mandelic. Yup, it's got some potency. And it will definitely help with smoothness, too.

Yay, Pam!

Yup, mine's my left hand too!! :razz:

I'm glad things are looking up again for you :dance:

Well, let's just say things are "OK"...I will NOT be using the "C" word (clear) anytime soon!! :evil: :razz:

I saw you asking abut the Cp's in Queen's log. I increased my usage with them too quickly, and it really dried my face out. Just monitor your usage carefully, and back off if you're too dry or irritated. Some people can handle them full strength right away, and others have to dilute them.

I will definitely take your advice. I'm going to be trying it for the first time tonight, and will probably keep a few days between applications for at least the first couple of weeks.