Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sorimachi

Why there's a need for accutane users to use moisturizer?

As mention in the topic, why there's a need to use it? :wacko:

Because at the right dosage, Accutane basically depletes your skin of its natural oils. You can try to get away without moisturizer for a while, but you will be really wanting it when the itchiness and the flakiness and maybe even eczema kicks in. Also, moiturizer lubricates the skin and keeps it supple while you're on Accutane, which can possibly keep you from scarring visibly if you get a cut or something. And, moisturizer can help the skin from being so fragile while you're on Accutane. That's just from my own personal experience, though.

I think 90% or more of people will Need to use some kind of moisturizer while on accutane or the skin will become flaky, red, peely, and even painful.

Its in your best interest to find a good moisturizer. For me, Cetaphil works because it is non-comodogenic or whatever :o.

I've been on it for a month and a half now and I don't use moisturizer. I never have-they creep me out. I guess I just dont like leaving things on my skin like that. I am on 80mg/day. My skin is dry but past the flaky stage-does itch from time to time. My lips and inside my nose are what get the most dry. I'd only use a moisturizer if you really really really couldn't stand the dryness.

Go on accutane for a week or two and then see if you still need to ask this question.

i'm already on acutane for 5 weeks.. and i'm still asking. so what's ur problem if i'm still asking?