Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AntzinPantz

Needling mini miracle!

I've been occasionally needling some of my deeper scars in the weekends when I'm not doing a peel. Last weekend i heavily needled the biggest scar which is under my right nostril. I thought I noticed the scar had changed a couple of days ago, but checking in several angles of light today I've realised that about a third of the indent has completely filled in. It's actually completely surface level and the scar is no shaped like a reversed comma instead of an oval pit.

Has anyone else had such a thing happen with needling? Is it temporary or likely to be permanent?

It's not like its just swollen though because its markedly different to the other areas i needled.

I've been occasionally needling some of my deeper scars in the weekends when I'm not doing a peel. Last weekend i heavily needled the biggest scar which is under my right nostril. I thought I noticed the scar had changed a couple of days ago, but checking in several angles of light today I've realised that about a third of the indent has completely filled in. It's actually completely surface level and the scar is no shaped like a reversed comma instead of an oval pit.

Has anyone else had such a thing happen with needling? Is it temporary or likely to be permanent?

It's not like its just swollen though because its markedly different to the other areas i needled.

If this is something you just needled this weekend, then it is only swelling.

I think needling actually works. Another user on this board (Gumby) has had experiences similar to yours.

It is no wonder it works. You rip up the scar tissue and stimulate collagen production because of the injury.

Even though it might just be swelling I think it will be permanent if you continue. I believe we have finally found a way "home-users" can get rid of scars (or at least improve them).

Congratulations!

Denise2, it wasn't the weekend just gone, it was the weekend before. It definitely isn't the same as swelling.

Drewboy, I use 30 guage needles from Novo Nordisk

Where do you live? and how do you needle them and for how long and how deep do you go? I tried once with a very thin flexible needle on a scar above my eyebrow and temple area which i have seen only a slight improvement, dont know if i was needling deep enuff. but it hurt. where can someone like me get needling supplies for at home needling.

thanks

Zealous1

Where do you live? and how do you needle them and for how long and how deep do you go? I tried once with a very thin flexible needle on a scar above my eyebrow and temple area which i have seen only a slight improvement, dont know if i was needling deep enuff. but it hurt. where can someone like me get needling supplies for at home needling.

thanks

Zealous1

I ordered my needles from an online pharmacy, but I forget which one. I prick each scar lightly about 3-6 times once every 2 weeks.

thanks

Zealous1

I ordered my needles from an online pharmacy, but I forget which one. I prick each scar lightly about 3-6 times once every 2 weeks.

Antzinpantz,

thanks and i will do a search on a Novo Nordisk from your prev reply to Inner...I will try next time your procedure on needling. do you use anything prior to needling for pain?

I don't use anything for pain, but I have been through 3 laser resufacings so Ive got a huge pain tolerance these days. I do clean my face well with anti-bacterial soap first though. Good luck and take it slow and steady.

If you remember where you ordered them from, please let us know. I would like to try needling the rolling scars I have and would like to use needles that definitely worked from someone. :clap:

If you remember where you ordered them from, please let us know. I would like to try needling the rolling scars I have and would like to use needles that definitely worked from someone. :clap:

Just ordered: Needles Sterilized 30G Short Bx 100 310-0030 IDS DENTAL http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=7521092463

Cost was $6.50 with free shipping.

I'm going to try this on my scars left from cystic acne many years ago.

my scars are different sizes & types, so I'm not sure how to do this, guess I'll try poking towards middle of the scars a few times.

Someone on another post recommended following up with supercop, so I will try that as well.

I hope the improvement stays, and isn't simply swelling, Antz. :)

I had needling done professionally about 6 weeks ago, and feel it has given significant improvements, maybe 20-30%, in my ice-picks. I am happy with these results, but the improvements don't look as great as they did in the first week or so afterwards. I expected this, though. I am planning on having a follow up session in the next month.

Good luck Antz!

One of my icepicks seems to have almost filled in completely after only to times of self-needling!

Hope it keeps that way!

so you just poke a needle into the scar several times? And how deep do you go? This is interesting, but needling makes perfect sence IN REMOVING scars.

Personally I do not go very deep. Only so the scar is ripped up a little bit and so that a little blood comes out. The blood forms a scab, and this scab fills in your icepick.

Just ordered: Needles Sterilized 30G Short Bx 100 310-0030 IDS DENTAL http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...Item=7521092463

Cost was $6.50 with free shipping.

I'm going to try this on my scars left from cystic acne many years ago.

my scars are different sizes & types, so I'm not sure how to do this, guess I'll try poking towards middle of the scars a few times.

Someone on another post recommended following up with supercop, so I will try that as well.

WoW!!! $6.50 plus free shipping for 100 needles..thats a GREAT BUY!!! ..a few months ago I paid a dollar a piece for the same needles from "some guy who shall remain nameless" on this board... :doh: oh well, live and learn.

All my best to you AntzinPantz..I hope your results are permanent :D !!!

Hey Gumbo! When you needled, how deep did you penetrate & at what intervals? I tried to go back through your posts, but there are damn near 10,000 of them! (And they are all pretty interesting, so I was getting a little addicted & spent almost 2 hours reading irrelevant but amusing "lounge" musings! ;) )

ya..I agree with ya Gumby..its my fault as well. I didnt check on it.. when he said they were difficult to obtain, like a dumbass.. I believed him.