Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sara

bare escentuals

I just ordered bare escentuals kit a few days ago, I'm hoping that its gonna give enough coverage. It looks like its good and i love the fact that its natural, has anyone else used it and do u like it or not? thanks

Hi,

I ordered the Bare Escentuals too after looking at the infomercial several times. I was a die-hard Lancome Dual Finish fan before I tried this make up. I have very pale skin that is combination. At first I didn't like the lack of coverage I got, then I tried applying it with a foam wedge sponge applicator and got more coverage that way. The glee (blush) is great! I of course apply that with the brush you get with the kit. You get three brushes total. Also the mineral veil is great to seal in the foundation. Just buff it on with the brush in a snap. I do still use a cream consealer (not Bare Escentuals) for my really red spots. So it doen't provide really heavy coverage I don't think. You also receive Warmth too. It's like a natural bronser. I haven't tried it yet. The foundation alone gives me more color than the Lancome did. I don't look so washed out.

Give the kit about 2 weeks at least to arrive. Not too fast shipping.

Any other questions feel free to ask!

M90

Hi,

I ordered the Bare Escentuals too after looking at the infomercial several times. I was a die-hard Lancome Dual Finish fan before I tried this make up. I have very pale skin that is combination. At first I didn't like the lack of coverage I got, then I tried applying it with a foam wedge sponge applicator and got more coverage that way. The glee (blush) is great! I of course apply that with the brush you get with the kit. You get three brushes total. Also the mineral veil is great to seal in the foundation. Just buff it on with the brush in a snap. I do still use a cream consealer (not Bare Escentuals) for my really red spots. So it doen't provide really heavy coverage I don't think. You also receive Warmth too. It's like a natural bronser. I haven't tried it yet. The foundation alone gives me more color than the Lancome did. I don't look so washed out.

M90

Yes, it does give you a glow a bit. I've heard some people don't like it becasue of this reason. I don't think it a bad thing. It's all very natural. I think we all get so used to that matte foundation look and then anything different is so foreign to us!

Any other questions feel free to ask.

M90

Bare Escentuals is probably the best makeup I have ever used in my life.

I am 49 years old although I look much younger, probably due to the fact that I have avoided the sun and taken fairly decent care of my skin over the years.

Because I have "terminal" acne, (yes, at 49!)...I've always used makeup with heavy, complete coverage, some brands being Estee Lauder Maximum Cover Makeup, Clinique Continuous Coverage and linda seidel complete coverage makeup, etc. I've tried them all, and they all cover well to varying degrees.

When I ordered the Bare Escentuals I actually put it aside for a month or two because I was convinced the infomercial was hype although I was suckered into ordering it, and that a powder could not provide decent coverage.

I was wrong. This makeup is incredible. If you're not getting enough coverage, you're not layering it on enough.

This is the most full-coverage, yet natural looking makeup I have ever used in my life. No more emollient, greasy gunky makeups for me.

This stuff is great and I'm hooked for life. IT COVERS YET LOOKS TOTALLY NATURAL!

If you have oily skin, the Mineral Veil matte powder (to use over the foundation) is a must.

I order my refills through QVC now. You can order online by going to their website IQVC.com.

They carry the full Bare Escentuals line and will even tell you when the shows are going to be on QVC.

I suggest the "Amazing" introductory kit. Cheaper than the Infomerical and you get to try some of the products. It's less than $30.00!

Try this stuff, non-believers, you'll love it.

I also ordered the Bare Essentials. It seems it's only good for people who already have flawless skin and it is sitting in the drawer with a big pile of everything else I've tried :)

To Joyce, What do you do that I am not doing?

Do you have a specific way you are applying Bare Essentials?

Lisa

I also ordered the Bare Essentials. It seems it's only good for people who already have flawless skin and it is sitting in the drawer with a big pile of everything else I've tried :)

To Joyce, What do you do that I am not doing?

Do you have a specific way you are applying Bare Essentials?

Lisa

I sent mine back for that very reason!! I didn't see the coverage they were raving about! I wanted my $70 bucks back! I have since bought the Cover Girl powder and am happy with it's fine grain texture--see the thread I posted earlier for info. My advice to anyone wanting to try the Bare Escentuals is buy it off Ebay or try the lower priced kit of QVC's. See Joyce's post for more info on the QVC BA. DON'T spend $70 until you know you are going to like it! :)

I sent mine back for that very reason!! I didn't see the coverage they were raving about! I wanted my $70 bucks back! I have since bought the Cover Girl powder and am happy with it's fine grain texture--see the thread I posted earlier for info. My advice to anyone wanting to try the Bare Escentuals is buy it off Ebay or try the lower priced kit of QVC's. See Joyce's post for more info on the QVC BA. DON'T spend $70 until you know you are going to like it! :)

I ordered Bare Escentuals from a website other than QVC because I wanted faster shipping. After seeing informercials and shows on QVC about it, I was so hyped up that it would work for me, only to be very disappointed upon receiving the products. I ordered the foundation in two light shades because I am light-skinned, but they did not cover anything! I don't know if I should have ordered the medium instead. They just made my face look cakey and dry, even with the mineral veil. I hated the Glee and Warmth blushers. The Warmth was way too dark, and the Glee made my face look dirty. I normally use liquid foundation and the BE really didn't feel any less "made up" than they claimed it would. I guess I've been wearing foundation for so long that I'm used to it.

I'm sure that BE does work for some people, as many have testified on here that they love it and will never go back to regular foundation. Not every product works with every person. I hated how messy the BE was, and after a while the brush started to irritate my face. I recommend ordering samples first, or ordering from QVC so you can return it if you don't like it.

Good luck!

UPDATE: I did order the BE in the medium shade to see if it would work for me, but still no success. :(

I ordered it and used before. I didn't like it at all!! It didn't provide enough coverage for me. I have been using Prescriptives foundation for about 7 years now and I like it much better. The Bare Escentuals also made me break out!! Which I wasn't happy about that. I sent it back after using it for two days. I went back to my old standby, Prescriptives. If the B.E. doesn't work for you and you're looking for a good foundation, prescriptives is the answer!! It costs about $30/bottle, but you won't be disappointed!! Good luck and I hope it works better for you than it did for me!!

Lola

FYI...for anyone who's interested in the Bare Escentuals kits. I don't know if you have these store around but there is a store called Ulta 3 where you can purchase the kit at the store instead of having to wait for it to be shipped to you. I live in Dallas, TX so I pretty much have any store I could ever think of. I would go to www.ulta3.com and find out if there's a store near your area. Hope this helps some of you who are interested!!

Lola

Does anyone know if there's any way I can get hold of these products in the UK. They sound amazing and I'm desperate to try them!

Thanks

Katie

Do you mean BE? You can buy BE at www.dermstore.com buy the kits, they end up alot cheaper. also that site seem to sell it the cheapest out of all the sites I have seen.

I just tried bare eccentuals and I really like it... My skin looks almost flawless... I think to get the coverage you want, you really have to build it up. Just keep on dabbing more on until you can't see the blemish anymore. It works for me.

Ditto to what Lisa posted. An expensive product that did nothing. I should have known. Even in the informercials they had people with beautifully clear skin. If it really works, why didn't they have people with "problem" skin using the products???

Oh well..... :D

The key to getting enough coverage is to use a concealer brush where you need more coverage. It could never cover by just using the big brush, you need a taklon concealor brush for ur problem areas, thats what I use and it covers everything.

You can't forget that no makeup will cure your skin of acne, or any other problems. Working as a makeup artist for several years, I've learned that there are no miracles when it comes to getting flawless skin. I encourage people with minor skin imperfections to follow a daily routine of skin care including proper cleansing, treating problem areas, and hydration where it is needed. Exfoliation is also key in keeping your skin clear and smooth and should be done a few times a week. If you suffer from "acne" not just a few blemishes here and there, I recommend seeing a dermatologist. They can diagnose your specific problems and recommend treatment from there. Not every person suffering from acne needs the same treatment.

About the makeup, I do agree that it is not the best when it comes to heavy duty coverage, although if you work with it and layer a few times, you can acheive satisfactory results. You must use it properly and use the CONCEALER brush in areas you want to disquise. I tried it because my skin is very sensitive, combination, and I tend to break out occasionally in big nasty red pustule looking zits on my cheek area. I notice I break out less since I've been using the foundation....and my skin redness seems to be calmed. I assume that is because this makeup is 100% oil and chemical free. I use it on a day to day basis when I want natural coverage, but on those clubbing nights when I want to look absolutly flawless, I will stick with a matte powder foundation to give me that look. ( I use Laura Mercier Foundation Powder...it is absolutley wonderful) So with all that said, I would recommend Bare Escentuals to anyone who is NOT looking for a miracle, but wants a natural looking and feeling makeup. Thanks for reading

I've been using BE for about 4 years. This is pretty much the only makeup that I wear, when I actually wear makeup that is (which isn't very often...I'm lazy).

This was one of the first "mineral" makeups on the market. I saw the infomercail and decided to try it. I hated it the first time I used it. It looked so shiny and metallic. The shade was awful. THen I actually learned the correct way to apply it. Application is the key. I even use it as a concealer (with a concealer brush). I can fake flawless skin with this stuff. I have to mix a few shades to get the color right, but it ends up looking really natural.

The one thing I hate about it it the way that it's marketed. It's really not "pure minerals from the earth". I know how they make it. It's made from mostly micronized metal oxides (zinc oxide and titanium dioxide, which provide cover and SPF) and bismuth oxychloride. The pigments they use are iron oxides deposited on sheets of bismuth oxychloride. Some of the darker shades actually use micronized iron oxides too, to obtain the intensity of the darker shades. These are the same pigments that many liquid foundations use.

Hi,

M90

try the multi tasking bisque using the maximum concealer brush over red spots after applying the foundation

I just ordered bare escentuals kit a few days ago, I'm hoping that its gonna give enough coverage. It looks like its good and i love the fact that its natural, has anyone else used it and do u like it or not? thanks

I love it i'll never go back to anything else, there is a learning curve though, the kits usally come with an instruction dvd. once you learn how to work it, it wonderful. Most importantly It doesnt clog your pores, witch means less pimples.

I've been a BE user for over a year now. I could not love it more. I'm very pale, and wear 1.2, Fairly Light. I do not have any active acne (rarely since I started the regimen) but I do have many red marks. The BE concealer brush is phenonemal. It is very dense and applies the minerals perfectly to conceal. The informerical keeps reiterating that the BE feels "weightless", and they're right. It feels like NOTHING on your skin. Lately, after I conceal, I mix my Fairly Light with Clear Radiance, apply with the Kabuki brush, and my skin really glows. People don't even think I wear makeup, they just think I have good skin. I love this so much I'm getting the $60 introductory kit for my friend for Christmas.