Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

do you feel that your skin gets worse the week before, during or after your period?

i'm just curious because mine seems to change month to month.

My acne appears to have no period association. My acne tends to be about the same regardless.

I am the same way. There does not seem to be any correlation between my period and my acne.

Mine flares up about 4-5 days prior to my period... then it takes about a week and a half to get it back down again.. my skin is usually in it's nicest condition about 2 weeks post period!

If I'm pms'ing its like 10 times worse. I find I don't have pms necessarily every month.. but sometimes.

:wacko:

i always, with out fail, break out b4 my period. and then it takes a few weeks to clear that up. and then i do it all over again. :dance::evil:

I breakout more before my period, but I also breakout almost constantly at other times. It is just worse at that 'special' time of the month.

My skin stays about the same pimple-wise all month long. I do notice I get oilier during the few days before my period starts, but this doesn't cause breakouts for me oddly enough, and then when my period starts, my skin gets clearer and smoother almost instantly.

My acne appears to have no period association. My acne tends to be about the same regardless.

I'm the exact opposite. I get breakouts about 1.5 weeks after my period (midcycle) and again a couple of days before the next one. This happens every month and there's nothing I can do about it except spot treat once they're there. I'm clearer than I used to be -- 6 months ago I was breaking out all month long, and after the most effective OTC treatment I was clear until my midpoint and then would break out until my next period, clear up for a couple of weeks and start again. I've calmed down a lot thanks to duac but I can't get rid of these hormonal breakouts.

I used to breakout a few days before my period but now I breakout on the last few days of my cycle.

Ya. I break out mostly after. I just ended my period and got about 5 big pimples. I am clear from Proactiv, but my period always ruins it. It takes me about a week and a half to clear up.

Like most of you girls, I seem to break out about 5 days before my period and then spend the rest of the month trying to get rid of the flare up... I have 1 or 2 days where I am spot free and then it starts again :(

I break out on my forehead at the beginning of my period -- never very seriously, luckily. My "period zits" are always on my forehead and disappear fast, whereas the zits I get during the rest of the month are on my jawline and like to stick around for a little while :(

a couple of weeks before my period I get a few pimples, and my skin tends to be oilier. During my period, my skin is still oily, but my spots get better, and a week after my period my skin is at its best.

a couple of weeks before my period I get a few pimples, and my skin tends to be oilier. During my period, my skin is still oily, but my spots get better, and a week after my period my skin is at its best.

my skin is exactly the same. Are you on BC or have you found something that helps this? I'm on otrho tri cyclen and it does help, but not completely.

Yeah, my skin is always worst in the week before my period, and starts to clear up almost as soon as my period starts.

Same here

I'm on Yasmin...the week before my period I get a pimple or two...sometimes it pops up in strange place, like the center of my forehead...or on my butt...always some stupid place. If it's on my face, I just hope that it's on the side.....not so noticable. Once my period comes along....the pimple seems to melt away. :eh:

Immediately after period -- skin is very dry and peely

Over the next couple of weeks, skin gets clearer and oilier (to normal oiliness)

Midcycle -- a few breakouts, if I attack them with extra spot treatment and the queen helene masque at night they go away in a few days

About a week and a half of clear skin again, but slightly oily

Right before to the first day or two of period -- lots of breakouts

Everything about my skin is hormonal, ugh. The few days of breakouts wouldn't bother me, except for all of them are big ones on my cheeks and leave a fresh set of marks for me to attempt to deal with over the month.

It happens to me on the second week after the period, in the middle of the 28 days, like when i'm ovulating. Hmmm... I don't get it, ppl always say that women look their best when they're ovulating, nature's way to make them attractive to males :D:D like full breast and feromon smell :eh: but no... for me it's the opposite. :wall: lol