Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ieatpaste

males

yeah, i'm a 23 year old male (turning 24 next month) with "moderate" acne.

I was just wondering if there are any other males out 23 or over with acne. It seems like females only get acne when they are 23 or over.

I'm 31 and have been battling acne in varying degrees of severity since age 19 or 20.

According to my dermatologist it could clear up any day on it's own...or it could be an issue I deal with up into my 40's or 50's. One good piece of news I read in Men's Health is the hormones that contribute to the cause acne are actually good when it comes to helping prevent heart disease. Who knows if it's true...but at least it is somewhat of a silver lining. :D

I was just wondering if there are any other males out 23 or over with acne. It seems like females only get acne when they are 23 or over.

35 here. I've had more than moderate acne, not cystic though, since I was 14. My doc put me on accutane last week. So far nothing has worked so I'm hoping this drug lives up to the hype. Dont' count on your acne magially disappearing by a certain age. It has nothing to do with it.

slmonkey2

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

21, turning 22 this year. Acne came at 19 years of age. It appears to be calming down, but that may be thanks to treatments.

Guys, I hope - for your sakes - that I am the exception. But, I'm in my mid-40's and still fighting it. I'm glad I did not know at age 16, when it started, that I'd still be fighting it 30 years later. And...I'm glad that if I'm going to be fighting it in 30 years from now, I don't know that either.

While it is mostly negative :evil: , I must admit that acne has had some positives for me. When I was young and foolish, it probably helped keep me a little more humble and, therefore, out of some trouble. It has also taught me to recognize the other qualities I have that are positive and to really work to build on those. And, hopefully, it has made me less judgmental of others and their shortcomings - whatever they may be.

Guys, I hope - for your sakes - that I am the exception. But, I'm in my mid-40's and still fighting it. I'm glad I did not know at age 16, when it started, that I'd still be fighting it 30 years later. And...I'm glad that if I'm going to be fighting it in 30 years from now, I don't know that either.

While it is mostly negative :evil: , I must admit that acne has had some positives for me. When I was young and foolish, it probably helped keep me a little more humble and, therefore, out of some trouble. It has also taught me to recognize the other qualities I have that are positive and to really work to build on those. And, hopefully, it has made me less judgmental of others and their shortcomings - whatever they may be.

I agree