Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cute_but_have_acne

does having acne means ,,, u canot get a girlfriend / boyfriend ??

hey guys ,,, do u think that if we have acne no girls will show interest in us ,,, and we will never b able to impress them ,,, and will b nothing more to them except frens ,,, do u really think so ?? does acne affect relationships ??? and does acne affect in making new frens ???

yes youre doomed...

:rolleyes:

I believe that acne definitely affects relationships in many ways. Sometimes the effect is from us feeling self conscious due to our skin problems and other times it is the other party being to superficial too give us a chance.

With that said, I do not think you are doomed. Just try to concentrate on all of the things in your life as a whole; thus bettering yourself as a person on many levels. You will find people who will look beyond your skin condition because you will be able to show them that you are more than just your skin. If you let your skin take over your life, then it will in turn be more difficult for people to see other important aspects of your being.

Girls will show interest in you, but you first need to show interest in yourself.

hey guys ,,, do u think that if we have acne no girls will show interest in us ,,, and we will never b able to impress them ,,, and will b nothing more to them except frens ,,, do u really think so ?? does acne affect relationships ??? and does acne affect in making new frens ???

yes youre doomed...

:rolleyes:

I believe that acne definitely affects relationships in many ways. Sometimes the effect is from us feeling self conscious due to our skin problems and other times it is the other party being to superficial too give us a chance.

With that said, I do not think you are doomed. Just try to concentrate on all of the things in your life as a whole; thus bettering yourself as a person on many levels. You will find people who will look beyond your skin condition because you will be able to show them that you are more than just your skin. If you let your skin take over your life, then it will in turn be more difficult for people to see other important aspects of your being.

Girls will show interest in you, but you first need to show interest in yourself.

Agreed.

If that's true, then the world is comprised of a bunch of shallow, superficial A-holes.

Honestly...I don't think acne should affect the amount of friends/boyfriends/girlfriends someone has, and if someone is bothered by someone's acne and refuses to have anything to do with them, they honestly don't deserve to know you. That's my take. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, not the eye of the another person.

Nope. In fact, I just got a new gf this past saturday. :D

Just try to concentrate on all of the things in your life as a whole; thus bettering yourself as a person on many levels. You will find people who will look beyond your skin condition because you will be able to show them that you are more than just your skin. If you let your skin take over your life, then it will in turn be more difficult for people to see other important aspects of your being.

You can get a girlfriend with acne and you'll get the good ones because she isn't using you as a trophy or to get an ex jealous.lol.

hey u r rite ,, i never thought this ,,, i think u said truth ,,, but u know ,,, people around us dont notice the acne that much as much as we do ,,, i have noticed it ,, whenever i feel that my skin is looking bad ,, ive got some compliments ,,actually we see our skin very deeply with full concentration to see how we r looking with acne ,, and ppl around dont see that much. what do u think??? , has this happened to any of u guys ???

I really want to ask this girl out and have done for months but i still cant get the confidence to do it! She has well good skin, but even if she didnt I would still want to ask her out cos we get on really well!

I havent had a proper g/f since I was 17. And this was about the same time my skin started getting problems. I was a lot more confident then than i am now and im trying to get back to the way I was, but its hard cos back then I NEVER ever thought about my skin but nowdays its always at the back of my mind.

So overall I think it wont stop you from getting a g/f or b/f but having acne doesnt help your confidence, and without that asking them out is really hard!

I've got acne and I have an amazing girlfriend. She has perfect skin, but thats not what I like about her. When I'm with her, I totally forget about my acne because of the way she makes me feel. The most important thing is to smile a lot and be positive. Girls don't want to hang around with guys who are a downer.

I've got acne and I have an amazing girlfriend. She has perfect skin, but thats not what I like about her. When I'm with her, I totally forget about my acne because of the way she makes me feel. The most important thing is to smile a lot and be positive. Girls don't want to hang around with guys who are a downer.

true: no matter how hot a guy is if he's a downer, its not good. i have a really good friend who is really really hot and has like 2 friends b/c he's a total downer, always complaining, etc. i never thought it would be possible, but now i've seen it in real life.

You can get a girlfriend with acne and you'll get the good ones because she isn't using you as a trophy or to get an ex jealous.lol.

hey u r rite ,, i never thought this ,,, i think u said truth ,,, but u know ,,, people around us dont notice the acne that much as much as we do ,,, i have noticed it ,, whenever i feel that my skin is looking bad ,, ive got some compliments ,,actually we see our skin very deeply with full concentration to see how we r looking with acne ,, and ppl around dont see that much. what do u think??? , has this happened to any of u guys ???

lol.

I always thought it would be worse for others to see us. I don't think they care as much as we think they do, but we get used to seeing our face with acne. So I figured it would be shocking or something to someone who doesn't wake up to it.

I have acne and red marks and I also have an amazing boyfriend. I've also seen lots of guys with acne who have girlfriends. But I do notice when u have acne, u better have something else that's good. For example, i know this guy with acne who has a great body (he works out). There was a guy with acne back in high school who've always had girlfriends because he was the most halirious guy u'll ever meet .

Truthfully, it depends. You can have acne and still be hot...it just depends on the severity of it, and what the rest of you looks like.

There's some girls with minor acne that I've wanted to screw (instinctively, I mean, lol). They were hot and the acne didn't really matter.

If it's a major thing, however, and it kind of hurts your physical appearance, then it might take more work.

Guest Tenshi

It's true..i remember i was always seemed so sad all the time. When my skin was particulary bad id just look in the mirror and think 'thats not me'.. i see now, that i was a real downer...no guy or girl wants to be around that or deal with that.

I would think if you don't have a girlfriend or boyfriend it's because you don't put yourself out there enough or there are ignorant people all around you. If a person really likes you, a petty thing like acne isn't going to affect it because vanity isn't everything.

Now all I have to do is put myself out there for a boy who I think likes me. XD Damn my shyness.

No, even if you have acne you can get a mate.

I have mild, sometimes moderate (when I break out badly) and occasionally borderline severe (a nasty cyst every once in a while) acne, and I have a special lady friend. Just focus on other parts of what women find attractive.

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.laddertheory.com/

I've worked this out and now I'm doing fine, despite being ugly. I did the nasty three times this past weekend, muahaha.

(and no, my girlfriend is not ugly like me)

No, even if you have acne you can get a mate.

I have mild, sometimes moderate (when I break out badly) and occasionally borderline severe (a nasty cyst every once in a while) acne, and I have a special lady friend. Just focus on other parts of what women find attractive.

IPB Image

IPB Image

http://www.laddertheory.com/

I've worked this out and now I'm doing fine, despite being ugly. I did the nasty three times this past weekend, muahaha.

(and no, my girlfriend is not ugly like me)

so u mean girls just see the guys money power ,,, not looks ???

For the majority of women, there are things that are much more important than pure looks in a man -- and these other things added up can be much more important.

(And the power/money thing doesn't have to be on a world-wide scale, you just have to be the top dog in your little vaccuum for it to work.)

Guest Tenshi

For the majority of women, there are things that are much more important than pure looks in a man -- and these other things added up can be much more important.

(And the power/money thing doesn't have to be on a world-wide scale, you just have to be the top dog in your little vaccuum for it to work.)

not true..i don't care about looks but i do like to be physically attracted to a smile or eyes etc.. i do like confidence and sex appeal..he doesnt have to be good looking. someone with status can be more attractive then actual physical beauty..but does not have to have money, top dog etc..thats just plain superficial and u wouldn't want a woman who has that kind of mentality. u want a woman to be attracted to u soemthing physically but more importantly to hold onto for your personality and character. u have ot feel good around each other.

Hey hun,

In my opinion acne does not affect relationships that are worth having. I myself have acne and have been with my boyfriend for 3 years now. I still feel ugly at times, but my boyfriend says I am beautiful the way I am. I feel that if a person is meant to be in your life they will be. Yes our world is vain and obsessed with external beauty but if a person really cares for you they will see past your acne.

I have known guys with acne and still thought they were physically attractive. But what always makes or breaks someones looks is their personality. I have met guys who I thought were so hot but once I got to know them they were no longer attractive AT ALL. I think your personality matters more and you should just let it shine through, forget about your acne (I know easier said than done lol). For me personally its hard to believe I'm pretty when I look in the mirror- I think this is because we tend to see the flaws in ourselves more than others do. Remember that you have so much to offer and that acne is not who you are-if a girl really cares for you she will see this trust me. :D

But what always makes or breaks someones looks is their personality. I have met guys who I thought were so hot but once I got to know them they were no longer attractive AT ALL.

Even I, as a horny male, will disqualify a very physically attractive individual on the grounds that I hate their personality.

Women are much less concerned with the external, more with the internal.

There is definitely hope!

its been like 8 months since my last girlfriend so i dont mind if i get one or not. i mean i can always find one but then i'll always be hiding a part of me from her which i dont want to do. so until i'm comfortable with my skin...single life isnt that bad.

Aw, there is so much sadness here! Cheer up, kids: having acne doesn't mean you have to be lonely and unloved. I've been battling acne since I hit puberty (and it's been pretty ugly at times), but I've always had one boyfriend or another thanks to my winning personality. :D

But seriously ...most of us here get so wrapped up in our skin and its imperfections that we tend to fixate on it. It's taken me a long time realize that most people I interact with don't pay nearly as much attention to my acne as I do. In observing other people with acne, and my reactions to them, I've gleaned that the more confident a person is, the less noticeable their acne is. For instance, there is one guy in a couple of my classes who has pretty bad cystic acne ...but I still think he's hot, because he's so confident and charming that I barely pay attention to the acne.

It's all about how you play the field. :D

I'm in college and in a male's perspective the quiet guys aren't getting laid and the out going ones are. The girls will never chase guys. I know this greesy guy who has acne scarring in my school, he doesn't have a girl friend but he's still pulling the hottest girls. Just because you can't get a gf/bf, that doesn't mean you can't have fuck buddies. A lot of you may disagree with me, well I'm only 20 and college relationships never last so you might as well make the best of it.

i think the problem here is not acne but the self-conciousness that acne brings. I mean, when you have acne you lost confidence and girls love confident guys. One of the most popular guys in my school had acne but he still dated hottest girls and stuff. So i think lack of confidence is the real issue, not acne