Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GregasGP

Blood Tests on ccutane - PLEASE ADVISE

Hi all,

I went for my 2 month checkup last Tuesday (been on 40mg per day of Tane) and my derm said things were going well. My skin has cleared up loads and I feel fine bar the lips, joint ache etc.

Trouble is, he said that I DIDNT need to take a Blood Test as everything seems OK. IS THIS RIGHT!!???

That means I won't have a blood test and checkup for another 6 weeks now.

Cheers

Greg ;)

Hi all,

I went for my 2 month checkup last Tuesday (been on 40mg per day of Tane) and my derm said things were going well. My skin has cleared up loads and I feel fine bar the lips, joint ache etc.

Trouble is, he said that I DIDNT need to take a Blood Test as everything seems OK. IS THIS RIGHT!!???

That means I won't have a blood test and checkup for another 6 weeks now.

Cheers

Greg ;)

My derm told me that if everything was fine after the first two blood tests i wouldnt have to take any more. Each derm is different.

My derm told me the same thing that if the first 2 is ok, then I don't need any more blood tests.

But to be safe I think you can ask or request your derm to give you monthly blood tests.

yeah my derm said 'well youre a healthy young man im sure there will be no problem' when he gave me the referral to get the first blood test. i havent called for the results, ive been taking it for 2 days. ive had accutane for a few months before, so i know i'm not allergic, we'll see what happens eh.