Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anticop23

Any1 else have this Red spots on face?

EDITED:

Is this so call "Hyperpigmentation"? Photos below...

I want to know the name of the scar before knowing how to treat it... but I am planning to use the vinegar & lemon method.

Hello,

My worst acne was when I had final exams in school about 2 months. I guess I was staying up late and all. After seeing the doctor and prescribiing me some anti-biotcis and gel. My pimples (bumps) were gone but I was "picking" @ the pimples when I had them, which I learnt was the worst thing to do ...

Now my skin is smooth, with no bumps, but I have these deep red in color patch like scars? What TYPE of scar is this? I heard from a friend that as time goes the red patches will slowly disappear? Is that true? But I WANT THEM GONE NOW!!!

Please HELP!!!! THANK [email protected]@@

acne1.jpg

acne2.jpg

============

Since you are new to the board, it might be helpful if you read the FAQ, which is here:  

http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=5996

:(

Thanks sorry about that.

bluerain ~ You mean the "Lemon & Vinegar Method" correct?

Q: What is the Lemon & Vinegar Method?

A: This is a method that may improve the appearance of shallow, rolling scars. Drink either Robinson’s Lemon Barley Water or plain water with half a teaspoon of lemon juice to a full glass of water all day long. It is best to use fresh lemons if possible. Use any diluted vinegar (apple cider if possible, malt or white are acceptable) in warm water to splash onto the face day and night. You may have to experiment to find the right combination of water to vinegar. Try diluting it 1 part vinegar to 3 parts water to start with. First wash your face with your normal cleanser, and then apply the vinegar (dab the solution on with cotton balls and leave on) before other topicals/moisturizers (apply topicals 20 minutes later). You should see an improvement within a week or two.

^^ I will try that for sure.

I have the same type of scars, but not as much.. but clearly visible.

I've never heard of this Lemon/Vinegar method. Does it really work? How would I go about using this and Proactiv?

Thanks!

Guest ObiWontonKenoli

thanks for posting anticop...I have similar marks like yours, but they have faded significantly within this past couple years, especially after I apply lots of BP, glycolic acid 30% and all that stuff. Most of my redmarks are in the neck/jaw area...shallower than yours but wider.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Obi.

im sorry to say but i think those red marks will eventually turn into scars. i had the exact same red marks on my face, and for the first year they were NOT indented.. they were just REALLY red, but then after a year or two, the red kinda faded and turned into INDENTED holes.

i got those from picking too, i didnt pick it, some stupid lady picked it for me cuase at the time i thought i was getting treatment, so sorry to say, but those red marks will probably turn into ice pick scars. i think... let's hope im wrong.

Anticop, your acne has caused some scarring of a type that has resulted in thin spots on your face. Try alternating moisturizing and then drying your skin a bit, perhaps with bp. Any moisturizer that doesnt cause further breakouts will do, but something with copper may help, alternated with something with some vit c. In between the weeks that you moisturize, using a bp solution of some sort will help to dry out the skin, prevent further breakouts, and mildly irritate your skin enough to begin some healing. Basically, irritate/dry with some bp, then allow to heal up, then irritate again. Frist week, copper, then bp, then some vit c based moistureizer, then bp, then copper based moisturizer, etc.

If, after a few months of trying this, you dont see any improvement, try the vinegar and lemon water method. You might want to begin adding lemon to your water right away, I dont think this will do any damage. BUT, vinegar can be pretty irritating, I think youd do best with bp at first, then assess how much progress youre able to make.

Best of luck,

Divegod

[/if, after a few months of trying this, you dont see any improvement, try the vinegar and lemon water method. You might want to begin adding lemon to your water right away, I dont think this will do any damage. BUT, vinegar can be pretty irritating, I think youd do best with bp at first, then assess how much progress youre able to make.

Best of luck,

Divegod]

I might be wrong, but arent you supposed to DRINK the lemon water, not put it on your face. The vinegar goes on your face..

Thanks for all the replies..

scartissue ~ I really hope the marks will not turn into scars... :(

I just started the Vinegar & Lemon method. I hope it will help clear my red marks..

I do not have any breakouts. Like no BUMPS. These red marks are like AFTERMATH to the pimples..... My skin surface is SMOOTH but just with these red patches....

Having lots of scars myself, I must agree that those will turn into scars. I say it will take 4-6 months for the red to completely go away, and then they will turn into scars. I am not trying to get your hopes down, just more of a bit of a warning. Do try the lemon water drinking, and putting the vinegar on your face. Also, if its an option for you, try Smoothbeam. It has realy helped me on my new scars. The scars that I have had from over a year ago are a little harder to get rid of. If you get a early jump on these scars, you should be ok.

good luck!

I have the same type of scars, but not as much.. but clearly visible.

I've never heard of this Lemon/Vinegar method. Does it really work? How would I go about using this and Proactiv?

Thanks!

Rzwen ~ DO NOT use Proactive! I tried it... USELESS! Especially it cost me $ 99 CDN.

Guest ObiWontonKenoli
ObiWontonKenoli ~ Is my type of scars called "Hyperpigmentation"?????????????????

I want to say 'yes' but I'm not sure. But being Asian, our skin tend to produce more colors like that (I was told), that's why certain laser procedure they said is more suitable with lighter colored candidates, mainly caucasians clients.

I tried using 'skin lightening agent' to reduce the 'hyperpigmentation' (red marks)...not working much. Better off keeping your face clear and clean.

PM me if you need more info.