Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
read24

Here is my story....

I'm 17 years old and for the past few years I've had acne and it's brutal to have it during high shcool. The acne wasn't that bad, but it started to become more severe and I have a habit of always picking my pimples. I have a pretty good amount of scarring now along with pimples that form everyday. It's extremely embarassing and people dont even like to look at me and I don't like looking at people. I try to stop picking them, but it's hard to stop and I bleed. I was using pro active and the first couple days it was starting to clear it up then it came back and got worst. I got off pro active and it was fine for a while except the scarring i caused by picking it. Now I've been off it for a while and my face looks horrible, I don't even like looking at myself in the mirror anymore, I'm disgusted. Is there anyway I can get rid of my pimples and scarring that I've caused? i feel like i've caused this forever and will never be able to get rid of the scarring i've caused, anyone else have that problem of picking? I look disgusting right now with scars and acne, what should i do?

Hi, Read24... I feel for ya :( Have you tried using bp? I think that would be a good thing to try. I think it's great stuff. Here's what I do..

Morning: -wash with neutrogena oil-free acne wash (2% salicylic acid)

-use cetaphil moisturizer with 15 spf.

-then a touch of makeup.. (are you a guy or gal?)

Night: -wash with TRISAN (anti-bacterial, soap-free, gentle cleanser)

-wait for my face to dry, then use neutrogena 2.5% bp on my forehead and t-zone (wherever your problem areas are)

I keep my bp in the fridge, and I'm going to start icing my face after putting it on like ppl have been mentioning on here lately.

Good luck and let me know how things go, whatever you decide to try. :D

LOTS of info here read. People will have lots of different things and regimens for you to try.

I think the biggets thing going agasint you right now is, time. Since you seem to have only used proactiv so far...there are so many other things you can use to try to combat your acne. The tough part is finding what works FOR YOU. And part of that is giving a regimen AT LEAST 7 or 8 weeks to work for you.

So you might have a few pitfalls where you are on a regimen for 7 weeks and notice very little improvement. Then you have to start over with a new regimen. Very time consuming...but thats the way it has to be.

GOod luck and i hope you find something that works for you right of the bat. Do you have any pictures of yourself so that we might help determine how bad your acne is and what might work best for you?

Jim

Hey,

I got exactly the same problem, I’m 17 too, waking up and going to school, were no one has bad acne. - lucky bastards! I got moderate acne all over my face, on my chest, shoulders and back, fuck! I started my first accutane treatment last week, plus I’m getting cortisone injections, to get rid of the big fucking bumps on my forehead.

This should help, you know, its always good to know that there are ppl who have the same problem!

-Hey, wouldn’t it be great if everybody would have severe acne, while you “only� have moderate acne?! :)/

fuck acne

](*,)

Ok, I used to be really bad at picking and sometimes I still am, but you just have to be very aware of where your hands are and what they're doing. (Don't take that the wrong way!!) I used to always touch my face and rest my chin in my hands, but after awhile, you scold yourself so much you just get used to not picking and touching. It may take a lil while, but keep trying. You've got nothing to lose by trying, and it's free! I dun charge for advice. :)

Anywhos..I'm 17 as well, and I go to an all-girl Catholic high school in New Orleans. I swear those chicks are all on birth control pills to get rid of acne, and because I dun want to take pills to cure something natural, I feel like the only girl with this problem. It really is a bummer for self-esteem, but I can only do so much. So just be patient! And know that there are people out there in the same boat, so do not fret..I'll paddle wit you. O:) Toodles ya'll!