Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wasting_days_away

Depression on Accutane...

Who has experienced depression on Accutane & what kind of emotions?

I'm still on it(but will be done in a few days :D) and, it was mostly: negative thinking, loss of interest, sadness, crying spells, etc.

Well I'm over 3 weeks in tane treatment and had a panic attack out the blue. It wasn't bad, but it happened. If I had like 3 anxiety attacks in 1 years time where I just couldn't breathe right so I don't think this is accutane related but who knows? But I rather get panic attacks which I feel ok in like 30 mins then have f****** acne and not being able to pursue a directing or acting career caz of it.

Hi wasting_days_away

Well I am depressed on Roaccutane.

But I think it is not caused by the Roacutanne but by the pimples which suddenly break out.

You are in how many days of Accutane?

Has your have got better?

I am so desperate and depress rite now.. heheh.. :wall:

cover them up... you're a girl so take advantage of that =) i would recommend Almay Clear Complexion. it looks natural, covers well and most importanly doesn't make you break out.

i'm almost done my 2nd course of accutane... i have a few pills left.

i've never had an initial break out with both of my courses, but from reading stuff on here, your face should get better. just hang in there.

i never knew what depression was until the end of the first treatment.

now i'm after two rounds of tane i experience some mood changes, tho nothn serious.

i was majorly depressed when the acne came back right after i took the last pill. but now i've gained some stability, so i can focus on other things i don't like about myslef.

but the main impact it had on my brain is my memory and thinking.

i've become slower, and it pisses me off.

and i forget things easily now..

Guest Tenshi

it's a hard question because i don't know if it was all in my head or if it was the accutane.. but yeah i was acting very sensitive and emotional..crying a lot and getting upset over things easily. im still on it for 5 months in so far..but im OK now..i look back now and think what the hell was wrong with me? lol

I think most people just blame things on accutane. How can you prove that it was the accutane causing depression or slower in thinking? What if you weren't taking accutane at the time that your depression occurred? I had depression before accutane because I was going through a rough time. Now I look at my face and am upset because it is horrible looking. I think the depression comes from just knowing you have a nasty zitty face.

I think most people just blame things on accutane. How can you prove that it was the accutane causing depression or slower in thinking? What if you weren't taking accutane at the time that your depression occurred? I had depression before accutane because I was going through a rough time. Now I look at my face and am upset because it is horrible looking. I think the depression comes from just knowing you have a nasty zitty face.

wtf. you're screwed up and ignorant.

you've never had depression, stop bullshitting.

REAL depression is a chemical inbalance in the brain.

wtf, and that's not where depression comes from. there are people out there that have so called "happy lifes" but they have a chemical inbalance, therefore they are depressed and NOT by sad events that are going in their lives.

fucking tool.

it's a hard question because i don't know if it was all in my head or if it was the accutane.. but yeah i was acting very sensitive and emotional..crying a lot and getting upset over things easily. im still on it for 5 months in so far..but im OK now..i look back now and think what the hell was wrong with me? lol

yeah the exact same thing with me. lol.

like this week i've been ok, but weeks/months back i was spazzing out like crazy.