Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay, I really would like to have scar revision done which is going to be costly for our budget. Not actually OUR budget, really my budget since I'll be paying for everything. I understand the fact that some scar revision methods like laser are still pretty new and still experimental when it comes to scarring, but EVERYTHING is all really an experiment. Aside from that, compared to everything else, the likelihood is that cheaper methods will not work because they are cheap or I just can't afford better methods because of the expense. But if you don't try, you don't know.

My parents are afraid of me coming out worse than how I began, and at the same time I am too! I can't predict, my derm can only give an educated guess of what can happen! My dad thinks the derm is a hallow money sucking leech wanting to give me cancer with laser. My mom thinks I have absolutely nothing on my face (although I explain to them that the fact that they know me and see me everyday, lighting conditions, it all contributes to them not noticing and other people ask me the same question: What happened to your face?!)

How do you remain confident that something experimental will work out for the best in front of your parents when you are not too sure of it yourself?! I don't want to lie to them and tell them that they are just paranoid and this is 100% fool proof! Right now, I am breaking out from an overproduction in oil, something that hasn't happened in years and I don't want to go back to my old cystic days. Aside from Accutane which I had before, laser and microdermabrasion is my only best bet at the moment for scar revison AND controlling the recent oil break. But how to do you explain to a parent how much this affects you??! They are willing to give me support if I make the absolute decision to do this, but I still feel guilty and paranoid that they aren't accepting this!

Not for everyone. Usually cheap methods are done by the person themselves and I wouldn't want to perform my own surgeries.

It ain't major stuff. It's just Smoothbeam. I've heard all the crap I can fit in a barrel about it, but I want to try it for a few reasons:

1) It may be that some people who had it and didn't do crap for them, their derms prolly miscalculated the severity of their scarring or other conditions. This is because I have shallow scarring and the laser is only for that type. Aside from that, it controls oil which what I need right now. I don't want to go back to Accutane.

2) You only hear the negative stuff because most people that have it done and did good for them don't come here and post about it.

3) And because you never know if you don't try.

All in all, thats all. I just want to know how to convince my parents although they are willing to give me support. This is all really to make my vain ass feel better if I want to be nasty about myself.

My usual method is to be completely honest and pour my soul out. Let them know how much it sucks, how badly you want it, but also how doubtful you are... at least you won't feel alone.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Via the mouth, i create sounds to which they respond. I think it's called speech.

Via the mouth, i create sounds to which they respond. I think it's called speech.

not as if I didn't do so already. I thought I posted that I did talk to them above? :doubt: My problem is that I am feeling guilty about the whole thing...eh??

Ive had 3 treatments of IPL and v-beam; quite frankly, I didnt notice any dramatic change at all. The only thing that was lighter was my wallet.

I believe youre old enough now to make your own choices; your parents are just giving their point of views, which you are not obligated to listen to.

But I'd advise you to think it through, if you feel that you are confident about the procedure, then do it; make sure its not just an arbitrary decision.

I just figured I need to attack this at all angles. That is all the reasoning I have. Plus, doing my own healing like TCA and CROSS, I'm afraid of trying that alone. I figured, it's like getting your license. If you don't feel confident that you won't run over someone with your car, best stay off the road.

I'll never know if I made the right choice beforehand.

How do you do that?

:shock:

I wanna try too :(