Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I saw some at the store today, but didn't buy it. I think it's by Maybelline... It's supposed to be good for oily skin because it's 50% water or something. If anyone's tried it, how did it work for you?

i bought the maybelline pure makeup liquid foundation couple days ago. it is 50% water so it's really light and pretty sheer. if you have scars or red marks, this is not for you. i dont have oily skin and i did not wear this foundation for more than an hour yet so i don't know much about staying power, but from what i read on makeupalley it's not long lasting. it's a little bit heavier than a tinted moisturizer and you can add more layers to your skin for more coverage, but again, if you have red marks or scars, try another foundation, and it doesnt feel like youre wearing foundation. oh another thing i read on makeupalley, this foundation did not make acne worse or make people break out.

before buying this foundation i used that maybelline mousse foundation. it did not say that it's oil free (and the makeup feels oily at the touch) but i bought it anyways and i liked it. i still use it but on the days i want to go lighter im planning on using the pure makeup. the walmart i went to was sold out on this mousse except one which people used as a tester :naughty: lol i dont want to recommend the mousse bcuz it might make people w/acne break out more and this is definitely not for someone with oily skin...but it works for me.

i guess you can try using a concealer that covers really well before putting on the pure makeup if you have a lot of red marks...

I didn't like it. The finish was powdery, quite un-natural for such a low coverage makeup. And it flaked my skin up. My skin goes back and forth between dry and oily, but this never works. I'm not really surprised, I can't remember ever having been happy with a maybelline product and this is the only one I've bought in years. I could see it being useful for someone in the young-mid teen age range, who doesn't need a face full of makeup but is super-greasy.