Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobbbbb

Benzoyl Peroxide + Salicylic Acid

On acne.org I have read that it is not recomended to use SA while on the regimen because it doesn't mix well with BP. I have also read numerous posts from people saying that the combination isn't good.

In other articles I have read that this is recomended. But I'm wondering why wouldnt this combination work well? Benzoyl Peroxide works to kill bacteria resulting in less/ no acne. Salicylic Acid works to prevent the clogging of pores as well as breaking down blackheads and whiteheads. The duo sounds like a dream team to me. What is so controversial about these two products used together?

well, I think for the most part because the two together can be very drying, super drying. Some dermatologists do recommend using them concurrently, but like use an SA wash, then a bp topical, they would NOT recommend using a bp topical along with an SA topical (as in both products being on your face at the same time).

But yea, the main reason why it isn't always a good reason is that both products are very drying.

I agree that it might be a good combination as I am having very good results with a product that it is a combination of two as active ingredients.

I am currently using Acne Free on the spot treatment that contains 1.5% SA and 1%BP as active ingredients. I had never heard of that combination together in one tube before so I decided to try it and I really like it thus far.

I bought it at Walmart for like $4.00.