Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xxbobmckeexx

Probiotics - all brands aren't created equal

I just thought people might like to know that some probiotics aren't as good as others.

1. If probiotics are freeze dried (in the pill form) they don't keep the cultures that they grew in. These cultures is vital for the probiotics to fare well in the stomach

2. Unrefrigerated probiotics I would not trust. Ask the man/woman working the vitamin area in the health food store. I talked to mine for 10 minutes on vitamins/supplements, she was knowledgable.

She ended up recommending only a few probiotics to me:

DDS probiotics

Bio K (these are super expensive but far and beyond the best)

That's it. I'm sure there are more but these are the top 2. I would only buy these if you are thinking about a probiotic. The other ones that are capsules aren't very effective because they create an acidic environment in the stomach because of their lack of their cultures. My DDS probiotics are 10$ a month and that isn't bad.

Stay away from the drinks as they typically have refined sugar as does yougurt. You won't get very much probiotics for the amount of sugar you take in. And I don't think you want to take in 20-80 grams of sugar just to get probiotics in your system. Taking that sugar probably ruins the effect as you give parasites more to feed on.

Guest frogprince

well.. one of the most popular brands that I have heard

people use here is by Garden of Life

well.. one of the most popular brands that I have heard

people use here is by Garden of Life

Yeah, Garden of Life has a few out. I think they are: anti fungus, or fungus defense and primal defense. These are good products but cost as much as a product like Bio K and is probably 1/3 as effective.

1 mini bottle of Bio K has 50 billion organisms in it. The problem I have with that company is their products usually cost 3 times what a good product costs. I look for the number of bacteria in primal defense and I can't find it. That should be the first thing they tell you, the # of organisms.

Bio K is probably three times better at the same price and DDS is probably as effective at 1/3 the price.

I think that company is out to make massive amounts of money by overpricing their products.

Yet I will admit that they have very quality products, probably among the top 3. But due to price I wouldn't recommend them.

If you don't care about how much you spend you could buy all Garden of Life products. But the Bio K is better than Garden of Life in this instance for the same price.