Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xciteurmom

Stupid? dosing question

Now from what Ive read, a pretty standard dosage for people starting out is 40 mg/day, right?

I got perscribed this amount, but am confused, am I supposed to be taking two doses or just one dose per day?

My pills are 40mg pills so Im assuming I shouldnt take two, but if my perscription is 40 mg, and I am supposed to take two doses a day, shouldnt I have been given 20mg pills?

Please help! Its ridiculous that for all the documentation they gave me over and over again to take this regarding the side effects, how much I should actually take isnt clear.

Cmon anyone with accutane please answer this question.

Do you only take one pill a day or two?

If two, do they add up to the amount youre supposed to be taking? (if you were perscribed 40 mg, do you take two 20 mg pills or do you take two 40 mg pills?)

Obviously if your pharmacist gave you 40 mg pills, and your doctor didn't specify splitting your dose .. then you're supposed to be taking the 40 mg in one shot. Also, there is no such thing as Accutane in 20 mg doses, you can take 2 10 mg pills at the same time, 2 x a day ..

I talked to my pharmacist and read up about it .. there really is little evidence to show that there is even a difference in efficacy if you split your doses. So do it in one shot, but always if in doubt consult your pharmacist.

ok, the split dosing is generally for those on more than 40mg a day. dont worry about it, i was taking forty with dinner and then when i was raised to 80mg, i took a 40mg pill with breakfast and a 40mg pill with dinner. its all good man.

Obviously if your pharmacist gave you 40 mg pills, and your doctor didn't specify splitting your dose .. then you're supposed to be taking the 40 mg in one shot. Also, there is no such thing as Accutane in 20 mg doses, you can take 2 10 mg pills at the same time, 2 x a day ..

I talked to my pharmacist and read up about it .. there really is little evidence to show that there is even a difference in efficacy if you split your doses. So do it in one shot, but always if in doubt consult your pharmacist.

I'm pretty sure there is a 20mg Accutane pill, unless this was just changed very recently. I remember there being a 10mg 20mg and 40mg pill. One of my friends used to take a 40mg in the morning and then a 40mg plus a 20mg at night.

i take accutane in 20 mg doses

Guest Tenshi

If your medication says take 1 pill twice a day then TAKE 2 PILLS AT DIFFERENT TIMES OF THE DAY.

i dont think it matters...but i do remember my derm last saying to me did i take 2 pills at different times?, morning and night. well, 5 months into it, i just take them together otherwise ill forget.. basically i think its continuously going into ur system that way where as together may bring on stronger side effects..just a wild guess...but whatever the case, popping them both at the same time has still done the job and 40mg is not a crazy dose, not like some who take 80mg or a 100mg a day..so no, i dont think 40mg matters a whole deal.

for now, be on the safe side and just take 1 in morn and 1 at night..see how u go..