Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SaraJane

Need advice-Very fine bumps covering my forehead

I just noticed this morning that I now have VERY fine bumps covering my whole forehead. I don't know what to do. It is bothering me a bit. Does anybody have any ideas? How long do you think it will take to go away? I am using bp every night all over my forehead and t-zone. Would it have anything to do with the bp? Does anybody know what may have caused this? Thanks a lot

I made a post with the same problem, and it's gotten no replies. :-k

I use three different products, (none are bp), but I can't seem to get rid of them. How old are you, by the way? I've been told it has to do with puberty or whatever, but I really have no clue what they are or how to deal with them.

Hi Del :D

I'm 17. How old are you? This never happens to my skin... it's very out of the ordinary. All I can think of is maybe the new type of cleanser I tried caused it.. or maybe me sweating so much lately and not being able to wash my face until a while after..

How long have your bumps been there? Are they extremely tiny like mine? What products do you use (soap, etc). I really would recommend using TRISAN (anti-bacterial, soap-free, gentle cleanser). I now use bp.. and I'm fairly happy with the results.

I'm hoping that these bumps will go away very soon.. :(:( Must have been some sort of reaction to something. I don't know how to make they go away quicker.. but I think I'll just stick to my usual regime. I'm thinking it will take a couple days.. maybe a few days for them to go away.

I'm very tired, so sorry if I've made any odd sounding typos lol

Ttys!

Update-

I used my MaryKay toner with salicylic acid last night, then applied my bp.. and this morning the tiny bumps are much less noticeable.. and hopefully will be gone by tomorrow or the next day.

Del, post! :-s 8)

I'll be 17 in a month and yes the bumps are very small/not extremely noticeable. They're still an annoyance, and I'm constantly reminded of them everytime I look in a mirror. My "symptoms" and products I use are found in this post http://acne.org/messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=8423 . I've had them for a while, but they've never been as bad as they are now. #-o

For about 5 or 6 weeks I applied Bragg's organic apple cider vinegar after reading that it can control acne. Well, I kept getting breakouts and I decided to switch to the Acne Cure method from the book. I can tell you that while I was trying the vinegar cure, the bumpyness of my forehead was healed. It is absolutly worth trying. My forehead seems to react different than the rest of my face and it hates the Acne Cure stuff. I'm going to switch back to Apple cider vinegar just for my forehead from now on. I never had anything more than one zit on my forehead while using the vinegar and the skin texture really changed for the better. I can't recommend it enough for this problem. You have to use raw organic ACV, the heinz and other commercial brands are not effective, it doesn't even look like the same liquid. Oh, also I applied it straight with a cotton ball after each shower in the morning and night. It stings but you could tell it was working. You can dilute it but if your skin can handle it, I'd not dilute it. Also there was not peeling or drying whatsoever, ACV is packed with vitamins, I'm definetly going back to it for my forehead, tonite.

Good luck,

J

I didn't see that you said you use BP on your forehead. I'm not sure if the two would mix well. I only used the vinegar and nothing else. It's up to you. I will say that when I used BP on my forehead, it didn't get too bumpy but definetly looked weird, like and old man's skin or something, some kind of bad reaction probably from the dryness.

I used to have fine bumps like that on my forehead, some around the side as well, you know that place kind of between the eyes and hair. All I have been doing to my face was simply being on the regimen, and the fine bumps were gone. I'm guessing it might've taken a few days to a week for them to go away, I didn't really keep track of them until one day I realized that they were gone. The BP really smoothed out my skin a lot. Good luck!

bumps like that can be the result of irritation, sometimes from a washcloth. Make sure to wash without hardly touching your face at all, and with bare hands.

I'm not sure what kind of details you're looking for, but here's what advice I can give.

Get some Bragg's organic Apple cider vinegar from a health food store like Whole Foods or Wild Oats. I don't know if those stores are nation wide or just around here. After every shower I just pat my face dry and pour a bit into a little paper cup. Then just stick the cotton ball in and squeeze it so that vinegar won't drip down my face and just run it across my forehead. It stings a little and definetly stinks. It also brings out a little redness and of course makes any existing zits redder too. But it goes away real fast, like 20 min. or a half hour. And then it really calms the skin, I think. It really is nothing to worry about. I've never had anybody notice anything but an extra healthy glow, whereas with other meds people have asked if I was sunburned or something. I'm a waiter and the grease just floats in the air so whether I work the afternoon or night, when I got home I would go over my face with a cold washcloth, then do the cottonball thing. It never drys my face, just tones it. For me the biggest issue was when I would sweat especially in a hot car, right next to someone they would smell it. ANd it smells like ass. I used the waiter excuse like I spilled dressing or something, but I got some colonge and dabbed it on my neck and never again had anyone smell it, and believe me it was happening a lot. That's about all I can think of. Again, I'm not to sure BP and vinegar mix well. I really don't think you'll need BP but it's up to you I don't know what condition your forehead is in. If you can live without it and big zits are not an issue, just little ones, then let your forehead rest for a few days to get used to no BP, then apply ACV after showers and throughout the day if you want to be extreme, but 2 times a day is plenty. As for when you'll see results I can't remember, I'd like to say the first day, but it was more of a side effect. Like I was so focused on breaking out on my jaw area, that I just one day noticed how great my forehead looked and then I was like, hey it's been like this for a while.

I'm done rambling now,

if you have more questions, fire away

J.

Thanks a lot Harp.. I'll definitely give it a try. How long have you been using the vinegar? Do you know what it is about it that helps the skin? My forehead really isn't very bad.. it's the kind of bumps that you can only see in certain lighting at certain angles.. but it is bothering me because I'm not used to having it. And Dan.. I'll try that as well.. I only wash my face with a cloth when I use my neutrogena stuff (oil-free acne wash) but maybe I'll stop that. I do think that this was a reaction to the new cleanser I tried.. taught me a lesson..

ACV is a natural alpha hydroxy acid. So it works the same as other AHA's at breaking up crap in the pores. And it's even better at restoring the skin's Ph level, reducing irritation from soaps and protecting against bacteria. I read that when the Ph level is off, the skin is open to infection. I started again last night with the vinegar and it does not do a whole lot to fix forming pimples(i got 2) but the texture of the skin otherwise looks good. Also the whole time I did vinegar before, I washed with the Neutrogena acne wash foam cleanser, it pumps out foam. I'm not sure if that's the one you're using, but I really liked it.

J.

I use the neutrogena oil-free acne wash.. it's the gel type stuff. I saw the foam there when I bought it, but I went for the gel stuff. (I guess that's what I'd call it lol). I'm going to see if I can get some today. I'll keep you posted. Thanks so much for the info :)