Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curiousP

MINERAL MAKEUP!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Hey guys! Please help me out and fill me in on what kind of mineral makeup you have had experiences with. I am a tanned color ummmm like eva longoria from desperate housewives or like alicja keys. and I have some old marks left from acne with a few shallow indents. I have only ever used pressed poweder and preferred to keep it that way (besides using a bit of foundation or concealer on the marks that may need it) so please please please help me out. I need a make up that does not clog pores or irritate skin.

Thanks!

I have had good luck with Bare Minerals. It really covers red spots, much better than you would think since it is in a powdered form. I am very pale skinned, but I find that their colors look really natural on me. I have been having trouble with their eye shadows recently (sensitive skin!), but they foundation, mineral veil and blushes are great :) I hope you find something that works for you.

Hey guys! Please help me out and fill me in on what kind of mineral makeup you have had experiences with. I am a tanned color ummmm like eva longoria from desperate housewives or like alicja keys. and I have some old marks left from acne with a few shallow indents. I have only ever used pressed poweder and preferred to keep it that way (besides using a bit of foundation or concealer on the marks that may need it) so please please please help me out. I need a make up that does not clog pores or irritate skin.

Thanks!

I have pale skin too, with red marks left over from a really bad allergic breakout. It's been a few months, so the marks have faded considerably. I saw on TV how Bare Minerals covered up that woman's birthmark really well. But how good is it at covering the red marks?

It seems to me that lots of new mineral make-up users aren't using it correctly. It covers red marks pretty well, but after application all over the face, you have to go in with a smaller brush and get the spots/red areas. It is like using a concealer. You are getting more coverage in the areas where you need it. Then go over your whole face with mineral veil (a finishing powder). This works for me, but everyone is different. For the most part I think my complexion looks pretty decent and natural looking.

i've been wondering if mineral make up would help me....i want to diminish the look of my scars. they are indented and kinda all over my face. does anyone think it would help?

i have used bare minerals AND sheer cover and my vote goes to sheer cover. it gives much better coverage than bare minerals nad i think there is a better range of skin tones with the foundations. i would definitely reccommend sheer cover. you'd probably need the "tan" kit. it has 2 different shades of foundation so you can mix them to get the perfect shade.

After yesterdays peel the nurse esthetician applied glominerals. I was pretty red after the treatment but the stuff she applied worked like a hot damn. She only used a tiny, tiny bit but the coverage was fantastic. Not flaky or uneven, looked soft & natural.

The prices were insane though. I wasn't willing to pay almost $50 bucks for powder if I couldn't have a sample to take home in order to see how my skin liked it in the long term.

I did go to London Drugs on my way home to see if they had anything similar. The clerk said she reccomends Physican's Formula. Its nearly identical to glo in terms of formulation but is less than half the price.

When she realised why I was asking about that particular line, she went out of her way to be very helpful. We chatted for over 30 minutes. I purchased the Physican's Formula Face Powder in Sheer. She filled up a small plastic bag with skin care samples & coupons.

She spoke very, very highly of Physican's Formula. PF has a couple of rebates (try me free) on their site right now. You might want to check that out.

Good luck.

i have used bare minerals AND sheer cover and my vote goes to sheer cover. it gives much better coverage than bare minerals nad i think there is a better range of skin tones with the foundations. i would definitely reccommend sheer cover. you'd probably need the "tan" kit. it has 2 different shades of foundation so you can mix them to get the perfect shade.

Hi,

where can u buy Sheer Cover in the UK?

Thanks for your help!

Sunshine Day

Guest funky_monkey

Hi,

where can u buy Sheer Cover in the UK?

Thanks for your help!

Sunshine Day

ebay?

you could try www.lilylolo.co.uk samples are 99p

you cant buy minerals in teh shops here

www.everydayminerals.com

Very good affordable prices. They have a glowy version and a matte version.

Thanks for the info, will have a look. Are these minerals as good as Sheer Cover claims to be?

Thanks again girls

www.everydayminerals.com

Very good affordable prices. They have a glowy version and a matte version.

Thanks for the info, will have a look. Are these minerals as good as Sheer Cover claims to be?

Thanks again girls

i might try them out..they have a nice range of foundation shades