Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone tried 2.5% BP and Differin on alternating nights as a regimen? How would it work or should a person stick to only one med as it might be too harsh? I have mild acne and my skin is somewhat senstive and oily. In the past when I tried BP and SA together, it was terrible so I don't know about differin and BP. BP alone is too damaging for me. I 've been on differin for 6 weeks and my skin has improved but it's not good enough yet. Should I give it more time before adding in the BP? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

I was on clindoxly(bp 5% and clind 1%) and diff in am..for 9 weeks now and not clear so accutane I go

I did the same combo for 4 months. Differin at night, Duac in the morning....

I wasn't clear either...hey how'd you get accutane?

me?

well my derm wants me tot ry it...he said I have oily skin i todl him its from the differin he said no cant be..and he also said that I'm and adult now(21) I shouldnt have to deal with this anymore?

me?

well my derm wants me tot ry it...he said I have oily skin i todl him its from the differin he said no cant be..and he also said that I'm and adult now(21) I shouldnt have to deal with this anymore?

Did you ever take antibiotics? My derm needs me to try at least three before I can get Accutane. I won't even try one, so I guess I can't ever get tane. He think's I'll grow out of my acne before the antibiotics loose their effectivness. He said to try the antibiotics for a couple years and then I might grow out of acne. If not, then I can try tane. I had to remind him that I'm, 24 not 14....

Has anyone tried 2.5% BP and Differin on alternating nights as a regimen? How would it work or should a person stick to only one med as it might be too harsh? I have mild acne and my skin is somewhat senstive and oily. In the past when I tried BP and SA together, it was terrible so I don't know about differin and BP. BP alone is too damaging for me. I 've been on differin for 6 weeks and my skin has improved but it's not good enough yet. Should I give it more time before adding in the BP? Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks!

If BP alone is too damaging for you, I don't think BP and Differin is going to be any better.

Differin should be a good long-term treatment for clearing out blocked pores. You need to give it longer than 6 weeks to work ... usually the first 3-4 months are all about purging the comedones you already have, and after that you should see a real difference.

BP is antibacterial and a drying agent ... unless you have inflammatory acne, you shouldn't need it ... and if your skin is sensitive, I wouldn't go there at all. If the Differin is making you break out a lot, maybe you should ask your derm for a short course of antibiotics to get you thru the initial purge.

me?

Did you ever take antibiotics? My derm needs me to try at least three before I can get Accutane. I won't even try one, so I guess I can't ever get tane. He think's I'll grow out of my acne before the antibiotics loose their effectivness. He said to try the antibiotics for a couple years and then I might grow out of acne. If not, then I can try tane. I had to remind him that I'm, 24 not 14....

Every derm approaches the process of giving Accutane in a unique manner. I got it without ever trying antibiotics. Try a different derm if it is what you truly want.

me?

Every derm approaches the process of giving Accutane in a unique manner. I got it without ever trying antibiotics. Try a different derm if it is what you truly want.

I'd love to just get rid of it for good, or even just for a few years. I'm on topicals now (retin-a micro and duac). I went from having moderate and cystic acne to only having mild acne. I can be clear for about three weeks at a time, than I break out in a few pustules out of nowhere, and still an occasional cyst. I hate cysts, since they last for like 6 weeks at a time and mess up my whole clear period for that month and the following month.

I think if I went to a derm now and asked for it they'd just laugh at me and tell me I don't even have acne. The one thing that really sucks is that I'm scarring worse than I was before I was on a topical retinoid. It seems like every pipmle I get now even though they're few and far between is leaving behind a shallow rolling scar and even the small ones seem like they're leving behind little ice picks.....

U tried tetra for 2 months didint do much..my derm thinks my skin is oily and i'm 21 so I shouldnt have to deal with acne...I only had acbe for 3 years and juts started to se my derm 2 months agao..I HOPE AFTER THIS ACCUTANE I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH ACNE ANYMORE...I dont care if I get a pimple here and there but not a lot hopefully

me?

I'd love to just get rid of it for good, or even just for a few years. I'm on topicals now (retin-a micro and duac). I went from having moderate and cystic acne to only having mild acne. I can be clear for about three weeks at a time, than I break out in a few pustules out of nowhere, and still an occasional cyst. I hate cysts, since they last for like 6 weeks at a time and mess up my whole clear period for that month and the following month.

I think if I went to a derm now and asked for it they'd just laugh at me and tell me I don't even have acne. The one thing that really sucks is that I'm scarring worse than I was before I was on a topical retinoid. It seems like every pipmle I get now even though they're few and far between is leaving behind a shallow rolling scar and even the small ones seem like they're leving behind little ice picks.....

If you're scarring, you can get on 'tane. Your acne sounds like mine before I went on 'tane, although I had a bit of a flare up where I probably experienced my first true cysts ever in August. Anyway, my doc took one look at my face and conceded that I should go on 'tane. However, I did try antibiotics in the past (although I didn't tell her that), so I knew for sure those would be pointless in the long run.