Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STEVEN1

is this a good cleanser?

I'm not a big fan of beads Steven. They always break me out.

And if it's an AHA cleanser, it will cause exfoliation, which can be good, or bad. Watch for dryness.

I think you are just making too many changes, and if you would simply do the Regimen twice a day, you would have better results.

thanks brandy :D your like my online derm heeheh.

but btw my skin feels kinda tihgt tonight so im thinking about skipping bp tonight ( and next week i have full week off and if i dont go vacatoin im gonna do bp 2ice a day and see how it goes )

and im deciding not to use purpose bar its very over drying for me lately , ive tried cetaphil gentle cleaser but didnt like it so im looking for a good cleanser with ncie ph that wont overdry but will clean my face fully that i can buy @ cvs.

im using my old Cetaphil normal to oily skin cleanser ( the one that feels like thick water ) it feels good but ive heard bad things about it on reviews someone said it contains SLS that causes breakouts or something and im scared it wont fully wash my bp + moutriszer away :[. sorry i know im way to para noid about these things.

because everyone complains about it not removing make up and im sure if it cant remove makeup its not doing a good job @ removing bp + moutriszer

thanks brandy :D your like my online derm heeheh.

your bill is in the mail Steven. :razz:

okay, a gentle cleanser. Have you ever tried the Purpose liquid cleanser? You might consider that one, or the Basis bar, Dan likes it real well. And Neutrogena has a gentle liquid cleanser too you might consider. I'm sure you can find something at CVS that is gentle, and non-medicated, and not scrubby.

I'm glad you will be able to do it twice a day next week, hopefully that will help you.

o ok im gonna go buy it tomrrow if i can but ill use cetaphil for now // what do you think i hsould due for exfoliation.

ok well i couldnt find Purpose Gentyle cleansing liquid so i baught St.Ives GENTLE apriot scrub // now it didnt say how many times ishould use this and would this work with teh regime?

i still have my cetpahil normal to oily skin liquid cleanser

ok well i have to skip bp tonight because ive used teh scrub twice todayand my lower chin and top part of lip skin part dried out and started flaking so yea im gonna use that for like twice a week but this is getting annoying :[ i like the old clean feeling from purpose , im thinking about using it again . maybe ive been holding it on my face for too long ( 10 seconds )

btw Cetpahil products contain Sodium Laureth salfate which can cause hair loss and other things

Give me a break. :rolleyes:

Purpose Gentle Cleanser got the same thing and I'm 33 with a full set of hair and no receeding line lol

really? ;[ i chcked the ingrediaints on the soap it didnt have any u must be using the liquid one.

ive went back to purpose bar and i washed only for like 5 seconds this time and im liking purpose bar again but what should i do with st.ives gentle scrub? i kinda irritated my skin last night so how often shouldi use it? i was wondering if exfoliatoin should be thrown int hte regime , alot of people had sucess with jessica's exfoliation. but if she uses the brush adn i use the beads isnet it the same thing?

my skin feels ruff and dry :[[ i want smooth skin

ok well i couldnt find Purpose Gentyle cleansing liquid so i baught St.Ives GENTLE apriot scrub // now it didnt say how many times ishould use this and would this work with teh regime?

i still have my cetpahil normal to oily skin liquid cleanser

brandy where are thou

oh Steven.....sigh......scrubs :naughty: , even the gentle one is scrubby. Dan really recommends a gentle cleanser, and that means no little scrubby things, no beads, no apricot shell pieces, etc. Cetaphil is fine if you like it, Purpose is fine if you like it.

Please, please, stop changing your stuff so often. I'm gonna have to hunt you down and make sure you only have 3 products on your bathroom shelf; a gentle cleanser, your bp, and an oil-free moisturizer. :razz:

;)

really? ;[ i chcked the ingrediaints on the soap it didnt have any u must be using the liquid one.

Yeps. :)

So I see you are searching for a very good cleanser? The Purpose bar has gotten huge major reviews, I personally am not a fan of bar soaps so I use the cleanser...it's awesome, lathers well and smells good. If you wash your face with it over 12 seconds many straight days, you can get a bit dry.

I personally hate scrubs, beads thick stuff to wash the face.

Also don't worry about such nonsense of hair loss, or other stuff. These products are not hazardous. Nothing in this world can be truly safe even the air we breathe is of not the best quality. So it's pointless to pick things out that are really not that dangerous to begin with.

ok so does this sound good? ill use purpose bar and if things seem lil dry ill use cetaphil for once to calmdown my skin until i buy the liquid to see if it's less drying. but i feel bad that ia baught the st.ives scrub for no reason :[ i cant use it once a week? or use jessica's exfoliation

You can alternate Cetaphil and Purpose if that suits your skin, that's just fine.

Usually the Regimen works fine without scrubs and brush exfoliation.

ok , i think i havnt been using enough bp still. i use very little for my forehead , im gonna use 1 full finger for lower part of my face and half finger each for left and right sides of my face.and little for my nose

ive heard cetaphil clogs alot of people pores :[ gosh i dont know waht to usee

well Steven, here is the trend I have noticed. People with typically dry skin tend to love Cetaphil, people with oiler skin types typically like the bars or other gel-like liquid cleansers.

I tried Cetaphil, just to see what it was like, the liquid, and it really did not feel like it cleaned well. But I have oily skin, so that may have been part of it, but i just didn't feel like it actually cleansed. Just my opinion though, I know others just love it.

well Steven, here is the trend I have noticed. People with typically dry skin tend to love Cetaphil, people with oiler skin types typically like the bars or other gel-like liquid cleansers.

I tried Cetaphil, just to see what it was like, the liquid, and it really did not feel like it cleaned well. But I have oily skin, so that may have been part of it, but i just didn't feel like it actually cleansed. Just my opinion though, I know others just love it.

Ah, good to know this, Brandy... my skin is normally oily and Cetaphil seems to just suck. I've changed over to Purpose's liquid cleanser to see if that will do me better.