Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JXC

Just Started Accutane Tonite...

1. Can i use a tropical cream like retin-a at night while on accutane? What about Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic acid?

2. The doctor prescribed me accutane for only 4 months at 40mg the first, then 80 mg the last 3....i read around the forum and found that most people were prescribed 6 months. Is 4 months going to be effective?

3. I also read that milk thistle will help protect the liver. If i take it, will it counter-affect the accutane in any way?

4. Should i use a cleanser while on accutane, or just water to wash my face?

Thanks!!

1. Can i use a tropical cream like retin-a at night while on accutane? What about Alpha Hydrox 10% glycolic acid?

2. The doctor prescribed me accutane for only 4 months at 40mg the first, then 80 mg the last 3....i read around the forum and found that most people were prescribed 6 months. Is 4 months going to be effective?

3. I also read that milk thistle will help protect the liver. If i take it, will it counter-affect the accutane in any way?

Thanks!!

1. No, probably better off not to.

2. 4 months is likely to be effective, but not guaranteed. Why are you worried, you will have another 3months on 80mgs to go anyway?

3. I didn't take this, but others have. No, I don't beleive it counteracts accutane's effectiveness.

4. Just water is good if you can pull that off. But a gentle cleanser it great, as long as it has no meds in it.

I'm worried because i don't want the acne to come back. Is 4 months effective for keeping the acne away even after you've finished the cycle?

Is Dove soap for sensitive skin ok?

Thanks!

Thanks!!

Hey, Just wanted to say hi and tell you I started tonight too, so here's hoping! thx for asking those questions...

I'm worried because i don't want the acne to come back. Is 4 months effective for keeping the acne away even after you've finished the cycle?

Is Dove soap for sensitive skin ok?

Thanks!

Ya but what you said is 40mg for the first 4 months, then 80 for the last 3, so it's a 7 month course not a 4 month, right?

Dove sensitive skin bar is what I used through my whole course and still do. :D