Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Colne

Too old for this SH_T!

Hi group, I'm a 31 year old black female and I'm sick of acne. I've tried everything, from the dermatologist to over-the-counter meds. I will admit that I've hardly stuck anything out more than 1 month. I get very impatient. After reading some of the comments, I decided to try to regimen. Are there any suggestions on products? I started 6 days ago and my skin is a little dry, but scary enough, it looks like I'm getting darker. What's up with that?

Currently I use:

Morning:

Benzoyl Wash (4%)

Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizier

Evening:

Benzoyl Wash (4%)

Neutrogena on-the-spot (2.5%)

Neutrogena Oil-free Moisturizier

i think u shud use neutrogena on-the-spot in the mornin too

if u want it to work, u have to have it on ur skin all day =)

u have to be patient, u can check out my gallery, it has worked so good! =)

good luck ;)

hello and welcome!

To do the Regimen correctly, you need a non-medicated wash, so my first bit of advice is to ditch the bp wash and get something gentle like Purpose bar or liquid wash, Basis bar, or Cetaphil bar or liquid.

Do use the bp twice daily, but since you are a new user, use tiny amounts to help your skin get accustomed to it easier.

Your moisturizer is fine, so keep that if you are tolerating it okay.

I like the Neutrogena on-the-spot, however, I am a fair-skinned person, if you find that you are looking kindof ghostly with the white lotion on your skin, you might consider getting some of Dan's gel, as it is clear and dries clear, people with darker skin types typically prefer it since it doesn't leave a white residue.

Other than those recommendations, good luck and let us know how it goes, and don't hesitate to PM me if you need further help.

Good luck!!

p.s. oh, and do be patient, any acne treatment plan typically takes a few months to see optimal results, so if you find yourself getting impatient or frustrated, just remember to hang in there and give it a good 2-3 months to work for you! Most people who wait it out are glad they did!