Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rainbow

healing help

Hi there,

Yesterday i had a small (2mm) milia cyst incised (?) by my doctor i.e she just made a tiny cut along the surface and popped out the inside. As it was only a tiny cut, no stitches were required. It is looking pretty good today and is starting to scab. Just wondering whether anyone has any hints or tips as to how i could speed up the healing process with this. Also, its a bit red and wanting to reduce this too. Thanks so much for any help!

Rainbow :angel:

I've had a couple of milia removed this way. You can use a a bit of Neosporin on it and then leave it alone. The scab will fall off in a week and the redness will be gone in about two weeks or less. The worse thing you can do is to try and take the scab off. Just let it heal.

I've had a couple of milia removed this way. You can use a a bit of Neosporin on it and then leave it alone. The scab will fall off in a week and the redness will be gone in about two weeks or less. The worse thing you can do is to try and take the scab off. Just let it heal.

Hi Maggie,

Thanks heaps for your reply! I will try very hard to leave it alone. FOund that the easiest way to do this is just to not look in the mirror!! Just wondering, do you have much of a scar from these procedures that you have had?

Thanks again,

Rainbow :dance:

Hi Rainbow - No scarring whatsoever - you can't even tell I had the milia removed. My skin is very sensitive and fair - it probably took about three weeks for the slight hyperpigmentation to fade and once the scab came off I put concealer on it. You'll be looking really good in a couple of weeks.

Take care!

Maggie