Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
peace of mind

Got a free trip but don't know if I even want to go

Got a free trip to the UK if I want it. Visit some of my moms friends who I don't even remember. Don't know if I even want to go because the whole time I'd be thinkin about my brown marks all over my face. I always wanted to go to the UK lol if I had clear skin. What would yall do?

And anyone from the UK, please tell me there's something to do in Worthing? She says it's right outside of there.

It's probably a once-in-a-lifetime deal, so I'd go. I'm going to Montana in a month no matter what my face looks like; no refunds.

Guest Akira

England is shit, its full of Chavs and Slags. Our judicinal system is in favour of the criminal and we're over populated with fucking muslim clerics who want to blow us up, i don't care if thats considered racist, they can all fuck off in my opinion back where they came from, i remember when someone would commit suicide in a much more gentlemanly fashion like hanging themselves, none of this bombing malark.

Yeah, so are there good public transportaion systems there? And what are some cool places to go to easily? I got like 5 days there and I definately don't want to stay at that house the whole time. What's in Worthing and what are some other cool spots?

Guest funky_monkey

Yeah, so are there good public transportaion systems there? And what are some cool places to go to easily? I got like 5 days there and I definately don't want to stay at that house the whole time. What's in Worthing and what are some other cool spots?

Worthing is a pretty boring seaside town full of retired people and no disrespect to anybody who lives there, but there isn't much there :wacko: It's just outside Brighton which is a lot more happening. http://www.visitsussex.org/ http://tourism.brighton.co.uk/. The Royal Pavillion is worth a look for laughs alone: http://www.royalpavilion.org.uk/ . It was built by 'mad' King George.

I would get on a train and go to london. it's not that far. If you want to go on the London Eye, best to book tickets in advance. http://www.londoneye.com/ I also recommend Changing of the Guard at Buckingham Palace (11.30am), Tower of London, Westminster Abbey and the London tour bus. :razz:

I'd definitely go. Last year I won a trip to the Maldives for 2 people at this brand new 6* (yes 6*!!!) resort thats just opened for 5 nights that was worth $5000. But it didn't include flights and I entered the competition in my Mum's name as you had to be an adult (im 17), and its not that they cant afford it but as my mum hates long haul flights she wont come with me. I can't afford it on my own and can't take a friend or sell it either as its in my mums name, I can't tell you how fustrating it is to have this opportunity and not to be able to do anything about it. And it expires in August 2006 so thats $5000 down the drain! My advice is do it while you can! And I'm going to Brighton uni in Spetember and when I visited it its a great place, so i'd suggest you take a trip there seeming as its near Worthing! :)

Guest Akira

my last comment got deleted though i thought it was legit, here is a toned donw version:

England is not a very good country, its always grey skies and never stops raining, its full of chavs and teenage mums who will mug you if you dont give them a fag.

Some parts of London are cool, Camden, Embankment and Picidilly Circus for example.

Since its free you might aswell take it, people in the UK have bad skin too.

Eurotrip. lol. I wish. He had that hot ass friend going instead of his mom though. Fiona, I'm taking a camera, but I don't have a digital one. I need a damn scanner too. Crap. I was planning on seeing London but I'm sure I could easily spend all my time there and get pissed I didn't go to any other places.

lol. funky monkey, thats not what I wanted to hear about Worthing! Well at least I'm prepared. Thanks for the links and info.

Janiet, that would piss me off. Give your mom some sleeping pills, I'll try and check out Brighton.

Akira-lol, mug me for a cig huh? What are chavs? Prostitute? Well I'm from Seattle so I'm used to rain.

you have to go man.

i've said this a million times, but in new york you walk out the door and see tons of people with equally bad or worse skin so it's not such a big deal. is this not the case in other places? do you feel like you're the only one?

also, acne didnt bother me or keep me from doing anything when i was your age. its the scars that had/have the bad effect on me.

A chav is

'A derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin.'

They tend to look like this

IPB Image

My skin went from very mild, manageable acne to tons of breakouts and cysts right when I went on vacation to London over the summer a couple of years ago, and it didn't get better after I returned home to the Pacific Northwest. Total freak thing, and I have no idea what the cause was. If it hadn't happened to me, I'd say you're being completely silly and that you should take advantage of this without worrying about your skin.

A chav is

'A derogatory slang term in popular usage throughout the UK. It refers to a subculture stereotype of a person who is uneducated, uncultured and prone to antisocial or immoral behaviour. The label is typically, though not exclusively, applied to teenagers and young adults of white working-class or lower-middle class origin.'

IPB Image

she's hot. don't hate. :P

england is a super cool country. london is KILLER.

look at all the trash in this country.

that chicks not half as fat as most americans.

Guest funky_monkey

A chav is

IPB Image

:lol: that's a bloke! Comedian Matt Lucas from BBCs Little Britain. Men dressing up as women in the name of comedy is a bit of a british pastime. You'll get used to it. :razz:

A chav is

IPB Image

:lol: that's a bloke! Comedian Matt Lucas from BBCs Little Britain. Men dressing up as women in the name of comedy is a bit of a british pastime. You'll get used to it. :razz:

For all the non-Brits thats Vicky Pollard- shes become a British Icon :)

Guest funky_monkey

haha........ I'm more of a Marjorie Dawes fan myself!

Oh man British comedy is the best. I remember when I was little I'd watch the Black Adder and Mr. Bean. I was little.

Janiet, That has to be the funniest pic...Yeah there's chavs everywhere. If they all looked like that, I'd be in England right now laughing my ass off.

Hey Cool Kim, what the hell? lol. That sucks. Maybe it was the food or something? Damn it. I love to travel, but I hate acne.

Hey guys, one thing Americans make fun of a lot is English food (and teeth). Does it really suck? I'm sure it's just a stereotype, can't be that bad.

And has anyone been to Tanks A Lot?!?! Just looking at the sight makes my hyped. I'm gonna demand that.lol. driving tanks, running over cars...

Guest funky_monkey

Oh man British comedy is the best. I remember when I was little I'd watch the Black Adder and Mr. Bean. I was little.

Janiet, That has to be the funniest pic...Yeah there's chavs everywhere. If they all looked like that, I'd be in England right now laughing my ass off.

Hey Cool Kim, what the hell? lol. That sucks. Maybe it was the food or something? Damn it. I love to travel, but I hate acne.

Hey guys, one thing Americans make fun of a lot is English food (and teeth). Does it really suck? I'm sure it's just a stereotype, can't be that bad.

And has anyone been to Tanks A Lot?!?! Just looking at the sight makes my hyped. I'm gonna demand that.lol. driving tanks, running over cars...

the yanks making fun of British food? Pot , kettle, black anyone? :lol:

my last comment got deleted though i thought it was legit, here is a toned donw version:

England is not a very good country, its always grey skies and never stops raining, its full of chavs and teenage mums who will mug you if you dont give them a fag.

Some parts of London are cool, Camden, Embankment and Picidilly Circus for example.

Since its free you might aswell take it, people in the UK have bad skin too.

who is this prat?