Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
enexe

Mino/Benzaclin to Proactive?

I just got back from my family doctor and she suggested that I should use Proactive. She previously perscribed me Minocycline and BenzaClin about 2 months ago, but I'm wondering if going to Proactive is almost as a "step backwards". She suggested that I stop using the BenzaClin too. I've never used Proactive before and after reading the board for awhile it seems like a lot of members are against proactive. My acne has "cleared" up quite a bit after using the perscriptions and she said that the Proactive is for cosmetic reasons since i have a lot of brown spots (I'm Asian) were left after the medication.

So my questions are should I be going to proactive? Ask for stronger perscriptions? Stay on my old regime? Plus, has Proactive cosmetically helped anyone with the red marks?

I'm asian and my main problem now is brown marks. Proactive didn't do shit for me but break me out. But if you find something that does help please let me know. For some reason Benzaclin borke me out too. I wouldn't have half of my brown marks if I never used it.

Ugh, well its good to hear from another "brown mark" sufferer :). i really dont want to breakout again from the Proactive, but i guess its worth a try. But if I ever do find the "cure" for our marks, you'll be the first to know