Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alienv39

Hair transplant

Hello all. I posted a few months back how I was looking into facial hair transplants to cover up scarring. I know this sounds weird, and it's not for everyone, but I had it done and it is kick ass! My scars are around my mouth, chin area. When I was about 17 I had SEVERE acne, but it was relegated to this area alone. I think I've had like two zits outside this area my whole life. Anyway, because the scarring was substantial, I couldn't grow a beard to cover the scars. Enter hours upon hours on the internet and finally finding a man named Dr. Epstein at foundhair.com. This guy is the best of the best at hair transplants. Go to the web site and browse a little bit to see if this is something you might be interested in. The procedure I had done was not cheap, it cost approx. $5,000.00, but anyone on this board knows that money is no object when it comes to your appearance. If anybody has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

okay i have a question for you-- is this real hair implantaions? does it grow like a normal beard? or are you stuck with the same facial hair for the rest of your life? well i guess that's better than having scars for the rest of your life.

Actually i was kinda thinkin about doin this since my sideburrns dont really grow and it is a piss off. I was just worried about the scar it leaves on the back of your head in case you decide to shave your head? Also does it look weird if you decide to shave your chin, since it is a bunch of grafts? Does the grafts match your regular skin?

Good job on taking actions to fix your scars.

okay i have a question for you-- is this real hair implantaions? does it grow like a normal beard? or are you stuck with the same facial hair for the rest of your life? well i guess that's better than having scars for the rest of your life.

It's real hair. They take it from the side or back of your head. It's just like a regular hair transplant for someone with male pattern baldness. It grows just like regular facial hair. They implant the follicles and in a few weeks those fall out. In two to nine months time the "roots" or whatever they implanted starts to grow and will continue for the rest of your life. My girlfriend calls me a chia pet b/c of this.

I was thinking about this. Alien, do you shave this transplanted facial hair, or do you keep a permanent beard? Is your beard really thick now? Does the facial hair grow faster than your normal facial hair or slower? Pls let me know. Thanks.

i think this could help. even if you shaved, i think having an active hair follicle would expand the skin, raising the depths of the scar. plus it could increase blood flow to that area--as follicles require blood.

Hello all. I posted a few months back how I was looking into facial hair transplants to cover up scarring. I know this sounds weird, and it's not for everyone, but I had it done and it is kick ass! My scars are around my mouth, chin area. When I was about 17 I had SEVERE acne, but it was relegated to this area alone. I think I've had like two zits outside this area my whole life. Anyway, because the scarring was substantial, I couldn't grow a beard to cover the scars. Enter hours upon hours on the internet and finally finding a man named Dr. Epstein at foundhair.com. This guy is the best of the best at hair transplants. Go to the web site and browse a little bit to see if this is something you might be interested in. The procedure I had done was not cheap, it cost approx. $5,000.00, but anyone on this board knows that money is no object when it comes to your appearance. If anybody has any questions, I'd be happy to answer them.

i think its awesome. no matter how much it cost, if you feel better and look better, i'm down with it. way to go man.

I cannot stand any hair on my face other than a little bit of sideburns. Sounds like a good thing though if all your scars are in an area where hair can cover them. I have heard people on here talk about growing hair to cover scars but mine are all in an area above the beard line.

I was thinking about this. Alien, do you shave this transplanted facial hair, or do you keep a permanent beard? Is your beard really thick now? Does the facial hair grow faster than your normal facial hair or slower? Pls let me know. Thanks.

It's just like regular hair, because it is regular hair. They literally take a strip of hair from your scalp and implant follicle individually or in groups of two to the transplant site, which can be anywhere. As for your second question, it seems to grow at the same rate. Like I said, this procedure isn't for everyone, but those that are good candidates will benefit greatly. It's minimally invasive, so even if something gets fucked up (which I don't think this Dr. ever has) you're not going to be able to tell. Hope this helps.

I just went to the web site, foundhair.com, and I've discovered they put my picture up. They have before and after photos there if you go to page two of the facial hair transplant page. You can't see my scars because of the lighting, but believe me they're there.