Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bobbbbb

Regimen not working for me

I'm about to give up on this regimen and try something new..

I have been following it extremely precisely and I am still getting constant breakouts. It usually goes like this: I notice my skin clearing up, I feel great about the regimen.. then I have a breakout and look worse then before. It's a never ending cycle and I'm not getting anywhere using it and I'm pissed off I feel like nothings gonna help it.

Grrrrr

I'm about to give up on this regimen and try something new..

I have been following it extremely precisely and I am still getting constant breakouts. It usually goes like this: I notice my skin clearing up, I feel great about the regimen.. then I have a breakout and look worse then before. It's a never ending cycle and I'm not getting anywhere using it and I'm pissed off I feel like nothings gonna help it.

Grrrrr

how long have you been on the Regimen?

And tell me which products you are using, and exactly HOW you are using them, perhaps we can figure out what's going on.

yeah the regimen sucks...sure it may work for some but for me its a total pain and complete waste...i broke out sooooo bad back in october on my neck and face etc....i went on the regimen till december...it had gotten even worse and my face was way too dry...went to the derm and got some stuff now i am COMPLETELY clear... my regimen...

morning:

-shower and wash face with St. Ives apricot scrub for oily/acne prone skin

-immediately after i dry my face with towel i apply Klaron prescription lotion

-take 1 amoxicillin pill

night:

-Shower and wash with Triaz 6% cleanser (higher concentrated BP...everyone says that the 2.5 is just as good...not for me...6 % is perfect!)

-immediately after drying face apply klaron

-take 1 amoxicillin pill

it works for me, just letting you guys know!!!

I've been on the regimen for about 6 weeks now.

My routine:

Morning: Shower- Clean face with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

I apply a finger full of Dan's Gel

Wait 15 minutes.. Apply Eucerin Moisterizer

During The Day: If I have a white head I will SOMETIMES spot treat a tiny bit

Night: Wash with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Apply 2 fingers (tons) of Dan's Gel

Wait about 10-15 minutes and apply Eucerin Moisterizer

I'm sure that my cleanser isnt the problem because I used the "recomended" Cetaphil washing bar but I stopped using that because I got these weird bumps all over my face.

I've been on the regimen for about 6 weeks now.

My routine:

Morning: Shower- Clean face with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

I apply a finger full of Dan's Gel

Wait 15 minutes.. Apply Eucerin Moisterizer

During The Day: If I have a white head I will SOMETIMES spot treat a tiny bit

Night: Wash with Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Wash

Apply 2 fingers (tons) of Dan's Gel

Wait about 10-15 minutes and apply Eucerin Moisterizer

I'm sure that my cleanser isnt the problem because I used the "recomended" Cetaphil washing bar but I stopped using that because I got these weird bumps all over my face.

Your cleanser could be the problem though. I was using that it the beginning and then I read a bunch of posts that said not to use SA along with BP and the Neutrogena Oil Free Acne Wash has SA in it. Maybe give something else a try. I use purpose gentle celansing wash and it works great. I have been on it about the same amount of time as you. I wouldnt give up because I read a lot of people get some bad break outs between 4 - 8 weeks from what I have gathered and then it starts to clear them up.

HEY GUYS ,,, DO THE REGIMEN FOR 2 FULL MONTHS ,, AFTER THAT U WILL SEE THE DIFFERENCE ,,, BEFORE THAT U WILL HARDLY SEE THE DIFFERENCE ,,, SO DONT GIVE UP GUYS ,, EVEN I DID THE SAME MISTAKE .... ANY1 FROM INDIA ??

yea, I agree. The Neutrogena oil-free acne wash is 2% SA, I recommend you ditch that and get one of the recommended gentle cleansers.

and hang in there as the reply above states, give it a few months, with the correct products, you should see results.