Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Great Brit

Has anyone here tried Apple Cidar Vinegar?

[bI'm curious, and if you have what are/were your thoughts?

The internet has some great read ups on it, and its help with acne - see link below

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/acne.html

I have started drinking it 2x daily (diluted - table spoons in water) for a week now, and am also applying it before I go to bed at night too, and strangely enough, after 6 years of adult acne I am beginning to see an improvement in my acne prone jawline/chin!!! I don't really want to speak too soon but surely it can't be all owed to this £1.50 bottle of organic ACV can it?!?!?!?

Anyone else?

I've used it as a toner mixed with water. I don't know if it helps with the acne but it does make red marks go away quicker for sure. Good luck with it :D

I just started using it today! I will see what happens, it definitely can't hurt. Not sure if I will try to drink it, but I might haha.

I just started using it today! I will see what happens, it definitely can't hurt. Not sure if I will try to drink it, but I might haha.

I dilluted some in water (kinda like you do with orange squash) and it tasted okay. Just like a strong alcoholic cider!

I dilluted some in water (kinda like you do with orange squash) and it tasted okay. Just like a strong alcoholic cider!

The stuff is amazing :D

I drank some today too!! hehe I didn't like it just diluted in water...so I tried it with honey & water and it tastes like lemonade :dance: . haha Not too bad haha .

A medical book I have at my disposal confirms the benefit of consuming/applying ACV for the purpose of improving acne! To those that do, what are your methods? I poured a tall glass of water and mixed in 1 tbsp of ACV and one tbsp of honey. It was late and I didn't have time to make tea. Is that acceptable? Did I dillute the ACV too much? Am I overdoing the honey?

Also, do you apply the acv directly to the skin as I did or do you generally dillute that in water too? And if so, how much?

Feedback would be awesome. Thanks!

I just decided to start AppleCiderVinegar (topicaly) with my regimen today after a unsuccessful go-round with AHA Souffle.

I have a log where I will record my progress with it (link in sig) if anyone cares to watch my progress.

I just started with ACV a week and a half ago, using it as a toner (I had some in my water bottle yesterday, as well). Although I am on Differin and Stievamycin, they're really not doing it for me. They have improved my acne a little bit, but not very significantly - I have been on them for about a year now.

ACV, even the non-organic Heinz stuff I was using last week, has already made me a happier person. It stopped a dangerously large budding zit (one of those ones you can't see yet but know it will be huge) in its tracks. I'm still breaking out a teeny bit, but the zits are so small that they're barely visible and fast disappearing.

The true test is premenstrual acne. If it shows up, then I know it may not be time to quit the retinoids just yet. If not, I might ditch them and go the natural route. They're messing up my pale complexion anyway!

I started using acv a couple weeks ago, putting it in my water with my crystal lite flavors. I noticed this thread so i have started using it as a toner too. I only started a few days ago so we will see how it goes. I mixed half acv and half water and use it after washing my face in the evening and then use dans bp, let that dry, the use moisturizer. I have great success dans regime so far. Been doing it for a couple months and my face is clearer than it has been in years. I still get a breakout here and there so hopefully the acv will help even more. I take about 2 T per day total in my water. I use 1 capful in my 4 bottles of water i drink thru the day at work. We will see what happens!!!

I wish I could use ACV :( I have tried it at 2 different times, both unsuccessful.

Maybe I am doing something wrong? I dilute it and apply as a toner. Both times my face improved for a day or two and then BAM. Exploding war zone forehead. Maybe im just sensitive to it.

If you can use it though thats awesome, have read some amazing reviews. When it works for you, it works well. Good luck!