Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

I know..another Accutane Question

Is it possible that since i only have mild acne, my derm can prescribe like a 10 mg dose or something and it will work the same way? I think if i take a 40 mg it will make my face hard as stone cause i dont have that bad of acne, but it is really oily. I mean can a derm specifiy a certain amount of mg's or do u have to start at 20 or something?

My derm was crazy. I'm 5'7, 130lbs. He put me on 80 mg a day for 5 months. I had several nodular acne.

they can prescribe you to take however much they want to. maybe if you take a strong course, your acne wil never come back. or maybe your course could be shorter. i have mild acne as well, im just sick of it so i gave in and got accutane lol. i'm taking 50 mg a day and she wanted to increase it to 60 then probably even more. i'm 5'8 and i weigh about 103 lbs, whatever that is in kilos. hit that acne with a vengeance and it wont come back is what i say!

i have mild acne as well, im just sick of it so i gave in and got accutane lol. i'm taking 50 mg a day and she wanted to increase it to 60 then probably even more. i'm 5'8 and i weigh about 103 lbs,

Is ur face scarring easily? Is it actually working? Im 6'1 165 pounds so i dont think a strong dose would hurt much but i dont have severe acne. Thats my one fear is making it worse then it already is.

i have mild acne as well...

sehnsucht,

How bad was your initial breakout? Did it turn cystic? Are you experiencing results with your mild acne on accutane? Sorry for all the questions but I too have mild acne and I'm going on "tane" Friday or Saturday, depending on when my blood sample results come back.

slmonkey2

ok my face before: i've had very mild acne since i was about 11 or 12. i'd get the occasional cyst [i think? under the skin pimples?] but by all means not a faceful. i tried everything and it was mild but persistent and sensitive. i got some red marks from not realizing i wasnt suppoesd to pick when i was younger, these faded when i used fade cream. i've never gotten actual scars, knock on wood. anyway, jump ahead to age 16 or 17, my skin is totally clear, probably from a combination of 'growing out of it' as well as nearly obsessive hygene rituals and facials, long term antibiotics. my skin was gorgeous and i never had to worry about it. then jump ahead to last fall: i started college, was really stressed out from a bunch of different things, college related and not. i started breaking out again. pimple here pimple there. mild but ANNOYING seeing as how i thought the fucker was gone for good. i go back to my derm, she puts me on bactrim, but it doesnt take it away completely this time. i go back, she asks if i'm ready for accutane yet, and i agree. she writes me a prescription, i get bloodwork, and pick it up on the way home. i just didn't want to have to think about my skin anymore. it puts a damper on my life. you understand.

so anyway, i got a mild initial breakout i think, but i mean it was really just a continuation of what was going on already. notihgn major, a couple whiteheads at a time for maaayybe a week. i would NOT let the initial breakout put you off accutane. it's a good thing because all that crap in your pores is finally coming out. don't be scared of it. i'm a month and a half in, and i'm definately seeing differences in my skin. it looks lovely. i have the occasional little bump, for thsi i scrub with a facial brush and it goes to a head and then peels off. underneath: smooth, golden skin. my skin feels amazing too. soo smooth. now i have some red marks which will fade eventually.

overall, i'm really happy with it. i know everyone's experience is different, like for example it makes some people's skin way worse and fucks with their whole body, but for me its been alright. i mean for a while i had exascerbations of things i normally get anyway: bone aches [i started taking vit E and they went away totally. not even the usual 'cold' feeling aches], dehydration [now i drink even more wter than i did off tane, which is good for your skin and overall health and appearance], dry itchy skin all over my body [johnson's baby oil gel is amazing! i slather on oils and moisturisers even more than before, ppl think im crazy but its awesome], dry lips [granted its a hassle to put on lipbalm every 15 mins but you can deal with it], dry eyes [visine tears like every hour or two]. i also get like three day hangovers, and before tane i never got any hangovers. which makes me scared to drink, and probably quite rightly so! but i do it sometimes anyway cause thats what college is for

so there are some side effects that are a hassle but can be managed, you just have to have another thing to deal with. you just have to take extra good care of yourself, which you should do anyway. but so far i'm glad i decided to take it.

feel free to ask any more questions! i'm happy to help if i can in any way

I am 5'11 185 pounds, with very mild but consistent acne, and my derm has me on 20 mg a day. My skin has def. become less oily and drys up any pimples that come out. You think he will bump me up since i see him nxt week?

i hope if i go on it i can have a good experience like u. My nose is SOOOOOO oily, i have to wipe off the oil after every period in school so the shine doesnt get too out of control.

FADING CREAM?? Which one did u use, i desperately need this from not being educated to not pop pimples for the last 2-3 years. I would love to see my scars go away, if they do then my face would almost be perfectly clear except for occasional whiteheads and the cheek area near the nose. They have always been kinda red, but never has a whitehead appeared on them. Maybe they stay like that cause i figure if i wash those areas more then others it will go away, but maybe i should try the opposite, idk.

Seriously though, what fading cream did u use, and was it non-comodegenic?

I thought I was the only one with mild acne that is afraid to go on accutane lol

Accutane=Responsibility

Clear Skin= Women... ALL... NIGHT... LONG...

Wooooooooooo!

what lol

I thought I was the only one with mild acne that is afraid to go on accutane lol

So did i lol

If i do decide to take it ill have to wait till basketball season is done cause thats excercising every day and it gets me realy tired. I think its done in the middle of march though, so it wont be to long. Mac if u take it too tell me how ur doing and ill tell u so we can kinda compare with eachother.

Also Mac, what exactly is ur mild acne?

This is what i consider mild (but very annoying)

-Maybe 5 whiteheads/week not big ones

-Maybe 1 big pimple that turns into a head in a couple days and lasts for maybe a week

-15 smallish dots that dont even affect ur appearance, but are still there

-I have severe oiliness though (mostly on nose, minor on forehad)

Tell me what kind uhave so i can compare what ur definition of mild is

My scars make mine look at least 5x worse though, if i got a fading cream that worked i would be in pretty good shape

So did i lol

If i do decide to take it ill have to wait till basketball season is done cause thats excercising every day and it gets me realy tired. I think its done in the middle of march though, so it wont be to long. Mac if u take it too tell me how ur doing and ill tell u so we can kinda compare with eachother.

Also Mac, what exactly is ur mild acne?

This is what i consider mild (but very annoying)

-Maybe 5 whiteheads/week not big ones

-Maybe 1 big pimple that turns into a head in a couple days and lasts for maybe a week

-15 smallish dots that dont even affect ur appearance, but are still there

-I have severe oiliness though (mostly on nose, minor on forehad)

Tell me what kind uhave so i can compare what ur definition of mild is

My scars make mine look at least 5x worse though, if i got a fading cream that worked i would be in pretty good shape

whya re u gogint o wait until basketball is over? Exercising is ok its actually good? I go tot he gym and lift weights and I dont plan ons topping?

anyway Yea if wuld be great to keep in touch once we start I have to wait until the 28th for my blood work...whats your age, sex and location?

my acne I would say lots of edness or inflammation? on my cheeks and below my left lip...whitehaeds pop up from the redness and my face is oily my derm asked me if I was wearing a mositriser cause to him it looked really oily but I told him it was from the differin. but its persistent and doesnt go away with anitbiotcs or the bp and the differin...I have no sacrring...like the acne is there and it just bothers me...and my derm said I'm an adult and I dont have to deal with this anymore..

and my derm said I'm an adult and I dont have to deal with this anymore..

Amen brother. :)

ya cause he told me have u heard of accutane and I just turned Red like my face..cause I got so nervous and i'm like what about the side effects and all that he just "look I know your an adult, and your sick of dealing with this?