Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ant24

Accutane for Mild Acne users

you should not be taking accutane with mild acne. the side effects are much worse than the postitives

I disagree. I have very mild acne, mostly over a 20+ year period, and after trying everything else accutane is exaclty what my doctor told me I needed. The premise here is to shrink the oil glands. Without sebum you cannot breakout. So the only choice for me is to shrink these glands, permanently, and accutane is the only way to do this.

slmonkey2

you should not be taking accutane with mild acne. the side effects are much worse than the postitives

I disagree. I have very mild acne, mostly over a 20+ year period, and after trying everything else accutane is exaclty what my doctor told me I needed. The premise here is to shrink the oil glands. Without sebum you cannot breakout. So the only choice for me is to shrink these glands, permanently, and accutane is the only way to do this.

slmonkey2

I am with you on this one slmonkey2. My acne is mild, but I have not been able to clean my skin up w/ antibiotics and creams. I have been going to the derm every 6 weeks for the past three years. Finally, I switched derms after asking around to find a better on. My new derm prescribed Accutane (well, she hasn't prescribed it yet. I am still going through all the blood work). If my derm thought that Accutane was not going to help than I doubt she would prescribe it.

e will have to test that ourselves....

I had mild acne, that was befor Clarus (exactly the same as Accutane just cheeper). I'm totally clear, just a bit dry, exspecially my lips which is normal...so I'm really happy :D

I had mild acne, that was befor Clarus (exactly the same as Accutane just cheeper). I'm totally clear, just a bit dry, exspecially my lips which is normal...so I'm really happy :D

thats good to hear...how was your IB(intital breakout).....Any scarring?

I had mild-moderate acne. Im on my 21st week of accutane at the moment. Can't remember the last time I had a pimple. My face is getting clearer by the day as old marks fade away

I had mild-moderate acne. Im on my 21st week of accutane at the moment. Can't remember the last time I had a pimple. My face is getting clearer by the day as old marks fade away

good to hear? I hope it works fo ru

how did you get your derm to prescribe you accutane?

Hi guys. I have moderate acne. My acne is mostly on my cheeks, closer to the jaw line and it's mostly on 1 side of my face, the right side, weird; a few on my back. Anyways, after being on Tetracycline since Dec 05 and Tazorac cream, I saw minor results. I asked my Derm about Accutane and today I started my 1st dose. 20mgs in the morning and 40mgs at night. My biggest fears are, thinning of the hair, weight gain or loss, major depression or anger, and breaking out at my worst in the beginning. Can anyone share at what point in time did they start experiencing any side effects? I'm crossing my fingers and hope I do not get attacked by the worst side effects. I guess by reading so much info on the internet, I started to panic a bit but the more I read and learn about other's experiences, the more I become calm.

I had mild but persistant acne when i started tane. I've been on it for 1 1/2 months, and my skin has never been as bad as it is now. it just slowly kept getting worse and worse. I have days where it looks good, then the next it;s like a bomb hit. It's been really hard for me, but i deal with it. it's a small price to pay for clear skin i think. 2 or 3 months of bad skin and it's over (for most). I just keep praying tomorrow will be the day i stop getting zits. Until then i just take it a day at at time and try to think of the outcome.

I had mild but persistant acne when i started tane. I've been on it for 1 1/2 months, and my skin has never been as bad as it is now. it just slowly kept getting worse and worse. I have days where it looks good, then the next it;s like a bomb hit. It's been really hard for me, but i deal with it. it's a small price to pay for clear skin i think. 2 or 3 months of bad skin and it's over (for most). I just keep praying tomorrow will be the day i stop getting zits. Until then i just take it a day at at time and try to think of the outcome.

so the breakout does get bad...for some

I was put on accutane for mild (moderate at times) acne for four months. At first it was horrible, my face looked the worst it has ever looked in my entire life, I was shocked and embarrassed.. but I think it was TOTALLY worth it. Now my skin is 99% clear, I am my first month off of treatment and my redmarks are fading.

Other side effects I had are dry eyes (it was pretty bad, i used drops constantly) Chapped lips (not a big problem), and later into the treatment I had hairloss which I am still undergoing.. I lose huge chunks of hair and my hair is very very thin. It used to be thick.. Also I was very very tired and had extremely dry skin.

All I can say is oh well, because Accutane brought my self confidence up more than I hoped for..and the hairloss should stop within the next several months, I heard..

I hope the acne doesn't come back. Good luck if your going on tane!

I was put on accutane for mild (moderate at times) acne for four months. At first it was horrible, my face looked the worst it has ever looked in my entire life, I was shocked and embarrassed.. but I think it was TOTALLY worth it. Now my skin is 99% clear, I am my first month off of treatment and my redmarks are fading.

Other side effects I had are dry eyes (it was pretty bad, i used drops constantly) Chapped lips (not a big problem), and later into the treatment I had hairloss which I am still undergoing.. I lose huge chunks of hair and my hair is very very thin. It used to be thick.. Also I was very very tired and had extremely dry skin.

All I can say is oh well, because Accutane brought my self confidence up more than I hoped for..and the hairloss should stop within the next several months, I heard..

I hope the acne doesn't come back. Good luck if your going on tane!

what are u suing now..like to wash your face....

I've got mild acne and I've been on accutane for 3 months and havn't really seen much improvements (maybe Im unlucky). A lot of ppl on here can't believe a derm even gave me accutane, anyway if you've tried antibiotics etc and nothings worked go for it. You may get a breakout to start like most users. If you have mild acne it won't turn cystic if you have a intinial breakout.

You cannot see improvement with your two teen pimples, you moron.

Because dry lips is worse than persistant acne?!?! Seriously, you overemphacize the side-effects and minimize the potential benefits of Accutane.

Only for the small percentage do any severe side-effect manifest themselves. As for dry skin and rashes, it is generally people not moisturizing enough. For the vast majority, however, Accutane provides long-lasting relief. Don't be a hater.

bump

this topic its bit important for me as i have totally mild acne now at the moment. but, its really unstable. using facial brush really maked my skin look better. but this iso stuff was always tempting me.

I've got mild acne and I've been on accutane for 3 months and havn't really seen much improvements (maybe Im unlucky). A lot of ppl on here can't believe a derm even gave me accutane, anyway if you've tried antibiotics etc and nothings worked go for it. You may get a breakout to start like most users. If you have mild acne it won't turn cystic if you have a intinial breakout.

thats not nice

I thought I just had to write something here, because I am on (ro)accutane and I am/was not the worst case of acne, although I don't know what to call it (mild/moderate probably). I had always had a little acne, expecially on my forehead and had been trying various over-the-counter products. I had also tried Retin-A a long time ago, which did nothing for me expect make my skin really dry, and Skinoren, which is crap. Last summer though, I started getting acne also on my cheecks, which until then had been really clear (it looked as they were from another person compared to my forehead, really soft) and that's where I freaked out and decided I was not going to take this anymore, and visited a derm. I wasn't expecting her to subscribe me Roaccutane, but I had heard of it and knew that it was a very effective, but very strong, drug. She said that no antibiotics would clear the type of acne I had and that she could just put me straight on Roaccutane instead of risk the possibility of scarring. I was a little frightened to this drug but she told me that people were too afraid of it, and that she was just going to put me on a low doze and that it was nothing to be afraid of. She told me that I would get dry skin for sure but other side effects were not that common, expecially not on a low doze.

My skin has never gotten that dry, I use a good mouisturizer which is ofcourse essential. I also have dry lips but I keep them under control by constantly applying lip balm. I had a little back pain and headaces in the beginning of my course, but these aces have gone away now. These are all the side effects I have had to deal with, being now on 40 mg a day (5th month).

Did my acne get worse before it got better? Yes. At arout the 2nd and 3rd month I hated this drug. I had red marks (I never got them before) and deep zits that took forever to heal (I still have two now that have been there for about 2-3 months, but they're healing ofcourse). I am totally clear now apart from the old healing ones. I couldn't be happier, and I just can't wait for this course to be over (in 10 days :dance: ) and HOPEFULLY my acne won't return *cross my fingers*.

I would go for it if I were you, but remember, you don't see results quickly. But you will see them, most defenetely, sooner or later. Good luck :D

Fuck Off, you dont know me.

These are all the side effects I have had to deal with, being now on 40 mg a day (5th month).

Did my acne get worse before it got better? Yes. At arout the 2nd and 3rd month I hated this drug. I had red marks (I never got them before) and deep zits that took forever to heal (I still have two now that have been there for about 2-3 months, but they're healing ofcourse). I am totally clear now apart from the old healing ones. I couldn't be happier, and I just can't wait for this course to be over (in 10 days :dance: ) and HOPEFULLY my acne won't return *cross my fingers*.

I would go for it if I were you, but remember, you don't see results quickly. But you will see them, most defenetely, sooner or later. Good luck :D

I've been on 40mg for 3months now, and I get them deep zits which take agessss to go Grrrr! and the red marks. I losing a bit of faith now, but another 2 months I might be clear like you.

I've been on 40mg for 3months now, and I get them deep zits which take agessss to go Grrrr! and the red marks. I losing a bit of faith now, but another 2 months I might be clear like you.

Just remember not to pick. I don't know if you are used to doing that, but if you are I know it's maybe hard (I couldn't always follow this rule :doh: ) but it doesn't get said enough (otherwise we wouldn't do it) don't pick! Expecially not when you're on accutane, because your skin is much more fragile and you'll have red marks that will stay around forever. And if you don't pick, I really look up to you, I sometimes feel so childish when I start picking because I know it's not good, but I just can't help it sometimes :wacko: . But I hope I won't have to worry about that anymore.

Just be patient, and before you know it, the treatment will be over. I can't belive I've been on this drug for 5 months now! Finally it's over, and finally I'm clear.

P.S. I didn't see any clear results until maybe a month ago, and it might take longer with some people, but like I said, just be patient and before you know it you'll finally be seeing the end of this.

Just remember not to pick. I don't know if you are used to doing that, but if you are I know it's maybe hard (I couldn't always follow this rule :doh: ) but it doesn't get said enough (otherwise we wouldn't do it) don't pick! Expecially not when you're on accutane, because your skin is much more fragile and you'll have red marks that will stay around forever. And if you don't pick, I really look up to you, I sometimes feel so childish when I start picking because I know it's not good, but I just can't help it sometimes :wacko: . But I hope I won't have to worry about that anymore.

Just be patient, and before you know it, the treatment will be over. I can't belive I've been on this drug for 5 months now! Finally it's over, and finally I'm clear.

P.S. I didn't see any clear results until maybe a month ago, and it might take longer with some people, but like I said, just be patient and before you know it you'll finally be seeing the end of this.

I hope so :comfort:

Im happy for u hehe